Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Weak start to the year cost them the 3 seed. It is what it is. Set up nicely for the future, even if they get beat by Cleveland in the 2nd round. Boston and Toronto were more consistent down the stretch and our tougher games were towards the end of the season. Again, it is what it is.

We'll probably get the early Sunday afternoon game.

The top 3 seeds in the East are still debatable though. Cavs and Celtics now tied for the 1 seed but Cavs final two games are much tougher(Heat and Raptors, while Celtics get Nets and Bucks). And Raptors will be playing hard since they're only a game back of the Celtics.

Hope the Celtics get the 1 seed.

Posted this in the NBA thread, but the Miami vs Cleveland game tonight will probably decide most of the final outcome in seeding. If Cleveland loses, then Miami probably gets in and Indy gets knocked out and Cleveland probably slips to the two seed.  I think we're going to rest our starters the final two games, so Miami will likely beat us in Miami.

There are other big games left: Indy vs Atlanta in the final game is important, as is Boston vs Milwaukee.  And so is Cleveland vs Toronto.  But this Cleveland vs Miami is the biggest one.  Cleveland could tank this game and essentially give themselves a Chicago and Toronto round one and two and stick Boston with the much more difficult Heat/Wizards path to the ECF.  Or they could win and knock Miami out and basically lock Indy into the playoffs.

Please Cleveland for the love of God let Boston get that 1 seed.

19 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Making it is all that matters. NFL Giants have proved that. 

NFL is one game – anyone can win one game. Over a 7-game series the better team wins 9 times out of 10 if not more.

13 minutes ago, Destino said:

Why would Indy be out of the playoffs with a Miami win?  They are 7th and play philly tonight.  Chicago is the team tied with Miami for the 8th spot.

Chicago has Brooklyn and Orlando left.  They'll likely win out.  Miami will probably win out too.  Indy still has to play Atlanta, who I think might still be trying to win.  I think there is a good chance that all three of Miami, Indy, and Chicago finish with the same record, and Miami and Chicago have tie breakers over Indy.

The only thing that changes the calculus is if someone drops a gimme or if Atlanta decides they'd rather have the sixth seed than the fifth and tanks their final games.  That doesn't seem like something they would do though.

8 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

NFL is one game – anyone can win one game. Over a 7-game series the better team wins 9 times out of 10 if not more.

I respectfully disagree. 

The team, was better. 

Were the Red Sox better than the Yankees in 2004 ( I think it was) ? 

Were the Supersonics that led the league 2 years in a row supposed to be ousted in the first round...two years in a row ? 

The teams were better that beat those teams. 

You want to delve into the Caps ? Geez. 

There has never been a great team for the Pistons...they won because they were a team. 

I think the Bullets have a good to borderline great team. They simply have to put it all together in the post-season.