Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

15 minutes ago, TheItalianStallion said:

I think they still have to win. Otherwise, they need Miami to lose.

Darn, if Mahinmi has to be out a while, our chances of making a deep run go down significantly.

Oh yeah, you're right.  I was taking it for granted that they'd win their last one but Orlando could play spoiler.

53 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Oh yeah, you're right.  I was taking it for granted that they'd win their last one but Orlando could play spoiler.

Brooklyn. They played and beat Orlando tonight.

So who would you rather face in the first round, ATL or MIL? A week ago I would've said MIL, but ATL seems to have regained their form.

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If we start the season 5-5 instead of 2-8, that's prolly good enough for the #1 seed.  It is what it is.

Probably right.  Boston had a rough start too, but not as rough as ours.  Lo and behold they will probably get the one seed.

In hindsight, an awful start was inevitable given we had to work in 9 new players (11 over the course of the year), we had a whole new coaching staff, and our big FA acquisition missed the first half of the season.  Under those circumstances, 50 wins should be considered as having met our potential.  My preseason prediction of 52 was what I defined as meeting our potential, and that was without expecting a terrible start like I should have.

I'm going to have higher expectations next season.  Almost all of our rotation players should be coming back and our young core will continue to grow.  Mid 50s wins is doable and if everything breaks our way, 60 wins isn't out of the question.  Atlanta did it two years ago.  Might still have to do some walking before we can run like that though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Didn't see much of the game, but I noticed the Detroit starters had a rough go of things on the offensive end of the floor.  Who was Oubre guarding? 

Not really a lot of individual assignments on any given possession so he was guarding many different guys.  Each of the starters played really well on defense, particularly in the first half.  Even Brandon Jennings was effective despite the fact he got caught gambling a few times.  Drummond also sets hard screens that border on illegality, he was clearing out our guards big time.  But Jennings picked several pockets and got into the passing lanes and those led to transition points.

The back ups played really good defense in the first half too.  Sato/Smith/Mahinmi can be smothering.  Detroit came into the game fired up and emotional so beating them up in that first quarter took the starch out of them and got the crowd out of it.

I thought that first half was one of our best halves of the season.  Beal and Jennings were sensational in their leadership of the offense and we got to see some of our best ball movement of the year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Can't believe that a strained calf is gonna keep Ian down for long.

Ever had one?  I'm waiting to hear what grade it is.  Hopefully it's just tightness, but if he's actually damaged the muscle (that's what a strain is) he's not having a good time just trying to walk around today.  Calf strains suck and even relatively mild ones can take 2 weeks to heal.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Ever had one?  I'm waiting to hear what grade it is.  Hopefully it's just tightness, but if he's actually damaged the muscle (that's what a strain is) he's not having a good time just trying to walk around today.  Calf strains suck and even relatively mild ones can take 2 weeks to heal.  

Get off my cloud!

• Like 1