Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Didn't see tonight's game but I'm reading that Beal got what was essentially the game winner. Dude always seems to come up big in the clutch in MSG.

I want to do to Miami what the Giants did to the Skins. Knock them out of the playoffs.

• Like 2

Brooks trusting Oubre in the 4th.  Otto glued to the bench.  Playoff performances will be huge for both guys going forward.  Have to think that Brooks/EG might believe that they can get Otto's production, and then some, between a duo of Oubre/Bobo going forward.  That max deal might not be a foregone conclusion....

• Like 2

Right now, Oubre is simply a more assertive and effective player than Otto.  That's not really a condemnation of Otto as much as it's an acknowledgment that Kelly is beginning to fully realize his talent.

It's a good problem to have and a tip of the cap to Brooks...cause this scenario would never happen under Wittman.  He'd have buried Kelly on the bench right around Valentines Day.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Right now, Oubre is simply a more assertive and effective player than Otto.  That's not really a condemnation of Otto as much as it's an acknowledgment that Kelly is beginning to fully realize his talent.

It's a good problem to have and a tip of the cap to Brooks...cause this scenario would never happen under Wittman.  He'd have buried Kelly on the bench right around Valentines Day.

He is 100% going to give Otto his chance to play his way out of his funk, too. I expect he will, but if he doesnt we have options. And thats noice!

• Like 2

The problem I had wasn't playing Oubre over Otto, it was playing Bog over Otto.  When he's not shooting well he's a negative player.  Otto gives you better defense and rebounding.  Let's face it, late in games Wall and a Beal aren't passing the ball very often anyway, there's no reason for Bog to be on the floor if he's not getting the ball.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Agreed on BoBuckets. But I think hes more than good enough in all of those areas to take advantage of his time against backups. I still want Otto over him. He brings more to the table. 

Like u said before, Wizards got matchup options between Bobo, Oubre, and Porter.  Good problem to have and hopefully Brooks is smart enough to get the right guy out on the floor in key situations. 

Next year, I'd love to see Oubre get his FG% around 45 and his 3pt % up to 35. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MLSKINS said:

I'm not even trying to think about the Off-season right now, but it's going to be interesting. I feel like it's going to be a really important Off-season for us.

If we do it tight, it wil lead us into contention for a few championship runs. 

• Like 1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2701086-a-100-million-man-in-the-making-how-otto-porter-jr-shot-his-way-to-the-top

Nice article about Otto.

Pierce's effect on Porter paid off during the final six weeks of the Wizards' 2014-15 campaign.

Over Washington's last nine regular-season games, Porter shot 43.5 percent from three and averaged nearly 10 points per game. In the playoffs, he shot a sturdy 37.5 percent from deep, averaged 8.0 rebounds and scored in double figures five times in 10 outings, including a team-high-tying 17 points on the same night Pierce called game against the Atlanta Hawks.

The following offseason, the Truth knew what he had to happen, so he declined a $5.5 million player option for 2015-16.

"One of my reasons for leaving Washington, I felt like after that playoffs, it's time for Otto to step in there and take that spot," Pierce said. "Once I left, I felt like he was ready."

These days, Porter's game-day routine is just as reliable as his place in Brooks' starting five.

He reads the Bible every day. He eats the same food every day. He watches the same thing on TV every day: cartoons. Tom and Jerry, to be specific.

"Weird, right?" Porter admitted. "Very old school. I grew up watching that, so that definitely helps relax."

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

I didn't think Toronto was going to beat Miami tonight. Not as confident, looking at the rest of their games, if we will regain the 3rd seed. Do they have tiebreakers over us? 

Yes.  They have to play Cleveland in their final game.  Cleveland can essentially pick their second round match up.

We need to win out.