Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

CWS is talented, plus very easy on the eyes! Not sure I want her doing Wiz broadcasts with Buck though! 

Since the Wiz are starting to move the needle a little, CSN may go outside the box and try to bring in a semi-big name.

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I assure you, people will not tune into Wizards games more because you have someone in their 40s instead of their 60s ... Shame honestly, I hope everyone tweets them that this is a mistake.

No disrespect to Phil, but as long as the team continues to trend upwards, probably won't matter who they have in the booth.  Both attendance and home viewership will increase. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

No disrespect to Phil, but as long as the team continues to trend upwards, probably won't matter who they have in the booth.  Both attendance and home viewership will increase. 

That's my point. The product determines viewership not who you have calling games so what is the point of this?

• Like 3

Phil is great but he hasn't been sharp the past two years.  It was probably time for him to retire.  He was missing a lot of factual stuff.

I hope that whoever they find to replace Phil does their commentary in a similar way.  Phil had a great patient and neutral tone.

If they replace Phil with a dumb shrill homer like Clyde Drexler I'm going to be ****ing pissed.

I also want to see us get 50 wins as a king of send off to Phil.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Man I'm going to be really sad when Buck retires

There is nothing better than a Buck dagger call.

They showed Buck's stepdaughter in the stands during a game a week or so ago, and she was wearing a red "Dagger" T-shirt .

dagger1114a.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

My vote is for Christy Winter Scott too.  I got the Doris Burke vibe too.

Man I'm going to be really sad when Buck retires.  Buck is a top three play by play man.

1 - Breen

2 - Eagle

3 - Buck

There is nothing better than a Buck dagger call.

I'm a big Kevin Harlan fan more so than Breen. Albert as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I'm a big Kevin Harlan fan more so than Breen. Albert as well.

Facts... Kevin Harlan is up there for me. I still laugh when I think about the game he did between Wizards/Thunder last month and he sold the hell out of the Bacon King sandwich.