Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

16 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I'm not so big into petitions, but I think it's our duty to make it known we want Phil to stay. I've spent my whole life listening to Phil and buck and even when I'm thousands of miles away, they make me feel like I'm home. Please take a second to sign the petition. 

Keep Phil Chenier

Hearing the news about Phil was like a punch in the stomach. I understand that things change, and all good things must come to an end, but I've grown up with Phil Chenier. I don't live in the D.C. area anymore, but I try to go to Wizards games when they play here in Charlotte, and I've talked to Phil a handful of times after games. He's always been so nice and so approachable, unlike some people in the media.

The last time I talked with him, he came up in the stands after the game and hung out with my friends and I for a long time. It was a great talk about basketball and broadcasting, and it only ended because eventually we had to go. It felt like he would have happily hung around and talked all night about hoops or anything else. Just such a nice man. Although I know he'll be around, I'm going to miss him on the broadcasts. 

• Like 6

Too many turnovers, that sucked.  I don't know what that last play was with Beal, just letting him dribble around the perimeter to get a shot, especially with the long and athletic Whiteside that easily got a piece of that shot.  No creativity there to get Beal or someone else an open look from pst the arc.

Wizards should rest starters the remaining two games and hold some team meeting to discuss defensive effort.  It's disappointing they didn't get 50 wins, but they have bigger priorities.  They'll be bounced out if they play defense the way they have since the allstar break.  They can't just try to outscore teams or bank on transition offense.