Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I didn't start watching basketball like that until Strickland was on the Bullets... I didn't know until after he retired just how long he'd been playing and how much of a beast he was. Every time I hear his name, I just automatically think about how much I slept on his career.

• Like 2

I think the Wiz will finish 3rd with 50 wins. Toronto will be one win behind. Cleveland and Boston end up with the same record. Not sure he who owns the tie breaker if Cleveland wins this last one. 

Watching that Strickland highlight video took me back. Man, imagine if we could've kept Webber here back in the late '90s. Even Jordan thought they were the next big thing when they played them in that first round series. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 4

Wall is putting up 23/10 a game. In any other year he'd be a much more legitimate MVP candidate, but its a shame Westbrook and Harden are just having absurd seasons. I'd still put Wall in the list though but he'd be like 5th after those two, Leonard, and Lebron. I'm probably forgetting some other guys too.

10 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Wall is putting up 23/10 a game. In any other year he'd be a much more legitimate MVP candidate, but its a shame Westbrook and Harden are just having absurd seasons. I'd still put Wall in the list though but he'd be like 5th after those two, Leonard, and Lebron. I'm probably forgetting some other guys too.

You're not... The only other two that are even up for discussion is Durant and Curry, and not only do they cancel each other out, but Curry is just starting to play at a higher level within the last month or so. I think had KD not been injured, he'd be neck and neck with Westbrook right now.

But Wall should finish fifth in voting. Especially with the slow start the Wizards had, yet they still have a great record.

9 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Phil Chenier is no longer going to be the top game analyst. That's upsetting. End of an era.

What? Who's replacing him?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/04/06/end-of-an-era-phil-chenier-wont-return-as-csns-wizards-primary-game-analyst/?utm_term=.260839fe1866

This was a good article about it. Nice to see that he'll be around. That's good. 33 years man. Smh...

Damn man this dude has been around since I started watching basketball. His voice is synonymous with the Wiz. Sucks. The new cat is gonna have huge shoes to phil

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Damn!  I feel like I've spent my entire life listening to Phil.  

What a drag it is getting old.

Right. Damn man

• Like 1

They could have/should have extended his contract. Really makes no sense. His skills weren't slipping. Was he gonna cost too much? Were there other issues? Or did they just wanna go in another direction? At least give us fans a heads up, so we'll recognize him throughout the season with a farewell tour. Broadcasts won't be the same. New person has some big shoes to fill. 

Edited by ksun247
  • Like 3

New guy better not be a yeller, bang bomb bamma like what they have for the Hornets and Cavs broadcast teams.  I'll watch the games on mute if they do.  New isn't always better, damn you, Comcast.

Edited by Renegade7

Brendan Haywood isn't bad. Remember him doing early Mystics games and NCAAB games. Not sure if his degree is in communications, but if it's him, I don't think that would be a terrible hire. He knows bball, even if he was an semi-average player. Tough juice has been on NBA TV doing commentary also. Webber isn't bad either. I would rather have an ex-Wizards player get the job.

I was going to ask the board what they thought about the broadcast team because I think they do a good job.  For some reason with the NBA package on Directv when I record it sometimes defaults to the other team broadcaster or goes to NBA TV which uses the home teams so I've had to listen to a bunch of other teams broadcasters the past year.  I like the Pelicans guys and the Lakers guys were pretty good but damn the Cleveland guys were terrible.  I'm hoping that whoever replaces Phil is not one of those hooping and hollering types, 

• Like 1