Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well I was bummed that we missed out on Horford, but at least we didn't just do nothing and we have some depth on our team now. Look at how screwed OKC is now.

Although we might not be much improved this season, we did get slightly better which is more than a bunch of teams in the East.  It only really seems like Indy and Boston improved greatly.  So if we get some improvement from our new coach, and our deeper bench, and some of our young talent getting better, we should be back in the 3-6 spot next season.  

Lebron is going to decline at some point.  He's played so many minutes the past 13 seasons, never missing a playoff game, all the USA teams, 6 straight finals.  He's no spring chicken.  Maybe its next year or the three years from now but I don't count on Cleveland to be dominant for too much longer.

We did enough that I'll renew my NBA league pass and keep watching the Wizards and hope Brooks can coach em up.  

You guys that keep saying that (not just you) do realize that Dan Gilbert wrote the most idiotic note to LeBron and he still came back, right?

And Dan had to basically emasculate himself to get Lebron to return. Can you imagine Ted doing that? 

Bro, he was never coming here.

I didn't say he was. I was replying to a post that suggested maybe KD would come to DC in two years. I'm saying if there was ever a possibility of that, Ted killed it with his jilted lover tweet. 

And Dan had to basically emasculate himself to get Lebron to return. Can you imagine Ted doing that? 

I didn't say he was. I was replying to a post that suggested maybe KD would come to DC in two years. I'm saying if there was ever a possibility of that, Ted killed it with his jilted lover tweet. 

Yes, I could see Ted doing that. Namely because no one outside of Durant and Wizards message board posters even know/care that he was subtweeting him. Would just take a phone call apologizing.

Having said that, he's never coming here. The team sucks too much.

Since Durant is now going to be pretty much universally hated, what better way to rehab that image than to come "home" to DC?  I kid, I kid.  Kinda.

Anyway, I'd have liked him going to Boston, but F him for going to GS.  That's the easy way out.

And F Ernie too, while we're at it.  Just because, Ernie.

• Like 1

I hate "super teams" with a passion. Its why i cant watch the premier league. Oh, boo hoo your national team isnt as good as your club team, Messi. A club team with about 5 top 10 players in the world, in a league of about 3 competitive teams. So you cant play for your country anymore unless you have the best players playing with you. Thats a **** move, and so is this... Its not American. The number one trait of all US sports is parity. The underdog spirit that lives within every team and every fan. He could have gone to just about any team other than GW and no one would mind. But joining the winningest regular season team of all time, with the current 2-time mvp currently on the roster? A contract for 2 years, clearly just to get a ring and secure his name among the greats? Its the worst move of all sports imo. I will root heavily for his failure from now until forever. Dont come here ever Kevin.

• Like 1

We didn't have anywhere near the cap space to sign Paul Millsap last summer.

It's revisionist to say we should've tried to trade Nene and his $13 million to have Millsap instead for the $10 million ATL signed him for that summer. That $18.5 million he made in 2015 after re-signing still looks like a way better return on investment then we did with the $16 million for Morris, Dudley, and Alan Anderson. Millsap's win shares are twice the amount of those other three combined at around 10, making us a playoff team just with him being here (terrible coaching staff and all).

We're going to have to agree to disagree on the reasoning or effects of building a team with a self-destruct button built into it last year. Between the dismal coaching and the overall feeling there was no point in close to half the roster having any investment in our franchise's future was a setup for failure, I still whole-heartedly believe that.

You guys that keep saying that (not just you) do realize that Dan Gilbert wrote the most idiotic note to LeBron and he still came back, right?

KD doesn't feel the same way about DC area as LeBron feels about Northern Ohio. He's been saying and showing that for years.

Since Durant is now going to be pretty much universally hated, what better way to rehab that image than to come "home" to DC? I kid, I kid. Kinda.

Anyway, I'd have liked him going to Boston, but F him for going to GS. That's the easy way out.

And F Ernie too, while we're at it. Just because, Ernie.

I'll never hate KD. I dislike what he did but he's a local kid who's always shown love to the area. He's a good dude and he's far from a douche. I wish him the best and hope he gets his ring.

• Like 1

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kevin-durant-nba-free-agency-announcement/
I’m from Washington, D.C. originally, but Oklahoma City truly raised me. It taught me so much about family as well as what it means to be a man. There are no words to express what the organization and the community mean to me, and what they will represent in my life and in my heart forever. The memories and friendships are something that go far beyond the game. Those invaluable relationships are what made this deliberation so challenging.

He isn't coming to DC because he pretty much said in his statement on the Players Tribune that D.C. is a dumphole that did nothing for him.

He literally said nothing like that.  He said he was originally from DC but OKC truly raised him as far as teaching him about family and being a man.  That was the only mention of DC, he did not bash it in any way, shape or form.

He left DC when he was 18 to play at Texas and drafted at age 19 in 2007.  So, yeah, OKC is where he grew as a man.  It's where he has spent his entire adult life.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

Folks really tight about that statement?

I'm trying not to read too much into it. Makes me feel like he's been through some things living in the DC area that he hasn't been talking about publicly.

Looked at relationship with his dad, makes more sense now.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Rich get richer!

I know KD does not owe D.C. or the Wiz anything, but this does make me feel sour that he cose another city rather than his hometown. 

Well I guess it's the Warriors vs the Cavs in the championship next season. 

you seem to be pained by this decision

Not really, I just don't like shade being thrown to the DMV. He could've shown love to okc a different way.

Mr. Durant made his choice I just hope it totally fails even though I know in reality he's going to get his ring.

I'm really curious to see what the rest of the Warriors team will look like and how long they can keep this team together. 

Warriors still need to sign a starting center and essentially their entire bench unit.  Starting centers, even very mediocre ones, tend to be expensive.  Think of what the Heat went through trying to plug that hole.  Besides that the Warriors need 6 or 7 more players, most of which will need to see significant playing time.     

Steph Curry is in his contract year... and he might be playing for his job.  As crazy as that sounds it might be true.  The only reason Durant is possible is because Curry is making 12 million.  He'll be eligible for a 30% max deal next season.  Durant will opt out and demand a similar deal.  Those two monster contracts can't exist with Thompson and Greens heavy contracts.  What if Durant proves to be the far better player and essentially takes over the team, while Curry maybe suffers an injury or comes up small in the playoffs again? 

• Like 1

Not really, I just don't like shade being thrown to the DMV. He could've shown love to okc a different way.

Mr. Durant made his choice I just hope it totally fails even though I know in reality he's going to get his ring.

All he said was that while DC is where he was from, OKC is where he grew up as a man and learned about family.  No shade tossed at DC at all.  Some are making more out of this than it really is.

• Like 2

I hate ........ Its not American. The number one trait of all US sports is parity........ no one would mind.......

Yankees.....Cards....Lakers.....Celtics.....unmerican??

He made a smart buisness move IMO. Westbrook is rumored to leave and no matter who Durant went to regarding the Spurs,Clippers, and Warriors would've created a super-team. So pick the best dummy, win your chip and go where your heart is where u can watch your favorite football team play and hang with your family and friends.......and then try to build another winner.