Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't think it matters what I think about the last two games in the grand scheme of things.  I'm not going to throw shade on how well they've done the last two games.  I'm disappointed it takes the possibility of missing the playoffs, cleaning house, and Wall possibly eventually leaving for them to play like we know they are capable of.  I support this team, but I do not support this pattern.

• Like 1

So we get Ernie and Randy for 5 more years?

Listening to Ted on the radio today, it sounded like he was happy to blame injuries for this season and stressed they needed to make the playoffs. I felt like "just" make the playoffs was implied. Didn't sound like a change was an idea he was entertaining.

I need to see more of this Wall-Beal-Porter-Morris-Gortat lineup. The passing and general offensive skill level is outstanding. Four shot creators ranging from good to elite. One upper echelon shooter, two other good ones, and one elite PnR finisher. Pretty good defense. If we can manage to keep this line up together, it can turn into something special.

Nobody wants to hear this, but the way Nene has been playing since he came back from his injury and played himself into shape... I wouldn't mind seeing him back next season. He is way more effective coming off the bench. At this point in his career, cheap one year deals are probably all he can command. But he's a valuable bench player. Better than a Zaza Pachulia and other similar backup centers. FT shooting and shot blocking are his only weaknesses. You're not going to find a complete player in a back up C.

• Like 2

Wizards haven't provided a compelling reason for Durant to jump to DC. Team on the rise took a fall on purpose to land him, but the players understanding that took a fall. I don't really blame them hard to get up for games if everyone believes it's a placeholder year and even if you do succeed you may get discarded to get the prize and reap no benefits.

• Like 1

I don't think Durant is coming to DC, but I already knew that before Stephen A put his 2 cents in. Durant has already crushed Stephen last year by saying no one that he confides in would ever speak to Stephen, and he makes **** up often.

Btw, just heard a rumor that George Karl will be fired at the end of the season. And if a new coach can't get Cousins under control than they will trade him by next season's trade deadline.

Edited by Gamebreaker

Stephen A doesn't want Durant to go to DC.  He's a big media market pusher like everyone else on ESPN.  That said, I don't think Durant is coming to DC either.  I just don't think Stephen A Smith has any reliable knowledge on the subject. 

• Like 1