Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Dudley has been absolutely horrific for over a month now. I mean, he's been unplayable. We need to come up with a better solution going forward ( should it come down to the wire). I would play Anderson at the 4 over Dudley, and spell Otto with Oubre. But, we know this isnt going to happen.

Anyways, great game again by Wall. This team is nothing without him. Morris equally stepped up big time. The next two games are extremely tough. We play Atlanta twice who's on a 5-game win streak, while Chicaco/Detoit/Indiana play Philadelphia/Milwaukee/Sacramento/Orlando in that time.

Dudley has been absolutely horrific for over a month now.

He's still hustling and he does the little things that keep the ball moving and the defense from imploding. But he's cashed. He's probably already played 500 more minutes than he should have this season. Got no legs left He needs a break and I think he can bounce back if he gets one.

I'm a little worried about Sessions too. He's been sleepwalking through the past couple of games too. These guys have been our key bench players. If we lose them then we're going to get hammered when Wall sits. And Wall himself has been playing big minutes on injuries all season.

Everything has gone wrong this season, and on top of that, we're losing the battle of attrition. If this team manages to limp to the 8th seed, they'll be worn out. We don't have any good options to replace Sessions or Dudley in the rotation.

Nene is the only real back up C though, and he's a good option there. Playing him at PF means you have to come up with a solution at C.

I could get behind a Gooden/Anderson tandem at PF, but I don't really feel comfortable with either starting. Even a diminished Dudley might be more effective than either of them.

This is where I wish Oubre had been getting more burn over the course of the season and thus was more game ready for a key stretch run. Otto/Oubre/Morris get the bulk of the forward minutes and then Anderson, Dudley, and Gooden rotate in as health provides. But Oubre is probably a liability right now.

Even so, if I were head coach, I'd play him. One thing he never lacks is passion and energy and some nights we need that as much as anything else.

Actually, come to think of it, Hickson playing over Gooden probably means Gooden is done. I'm not sure he's even playable at this point.

I guess you play Hickson at the 4 instead of 5 but the trade off is you majorly sacrifice shooting. It's not a great option. But Anderson is in and out of the line up because he's not truly recovered and he's on a pretty strict minutes restriction. So it's either Hickson or Dudley I suppose.

We need another body at PF that can shoot to play in a true rotation with Morris. And we need a credible third string PG that can also play SG.

That's why I want us to get Ryan Anderson so bad. If he was on the team right now, we could sub out Morris with no drop off and those two could handle almost all of our PF minutes, leaving Nene and Gortat to play our center minutes. Then you could keep Dudley at the 3 where he really belong, and form a quality rotation of him, Porter, Oubre, and a fourth guy like Anderson. Beal and Temple as the first and second string 2s, Wall and Sessions at PG, and a fifth guard who is ball handler and shooter filling in the final spot on the back court. Then all you need is a decent third string C and PF and that's your 15. Or in lieu of another PF, you get a sixth guard.

Either way, getting a true combo guard and Ryan Anderson makes a lot of things click into place.

What about Greivis Vasquez for that combo guard role I talked about? Free agent this summer. 29 years old. Can run point and is tall enough and a good enough shooter to play SG.

Gooden has been dressing for games, so hes gotta be good to go for some minutes. Dudley needs a week off badly. Surely we could play Gooden with Nene for a few games. Its not like Dudley is going to go out there and do anything other than roll out the red carpet for Milsap and some season highs.

Additionally, im all for Temple playing. But not at the 3. He has been terrible playing SF this year. Otto, Anderson, Oubre, Eddie, then Temple.

Off topic, Melo Tremble is going to be a great pickup for somebody next year. He's got Sessions' inside game combined with great court vision, ft percentage, and has the ability to get hot. I'd love for him to come in and replace Ramon, but thats a pipe dream.