Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It'd be bull**** if Nene gets suspended. That **** was harmless.

Seemingly everyone sees it as a headbutt and they all think he pulled his arm back to throw a punch just before the two were separated. Wouldn't surprise me if he got suspended, I said it right after the game that I thought he might be. Only thing to do now is wait... And laugh, bitterly, at the irony that we traded the knuckleheads for this guy and at the most important time, he goes full idiot and screws everything up.

Life as a DC sports fan...

Edited by Destino

If Dunleavy doesn't have a great game we win but he did so we lost. ****

I think the wizards were on their way to taking control when Nene lost his damn mind. Dunleavy or not this game was looking like the first two. In both we trailed in the second half. In game two Augustin had a ridiculous game and they lead in the 4th. We still won.

Nene's stupidity can not be over stated. He woke up Butler (who hit big shots that beat us) and he took himself off the floor just as he was finally hitting on offense. I hope Gortat threw a trash can at him when the rest of the team got back to the locker room.

• Like 1

So I guess then the question is was that a headbutt? Nene put his head on Butler's head but it wasn't a blow.

My guess based on being a DC sports fan though is that he'll be suspended, Chicago will win game 4, and this will be the embarrassing & almost unbelievable circumstance that catalyzes the crushing of all current good feelings, hopes, and dreams. We will be humiliated in game 7 to end the season. The team will win 28 games in 2015.

I dont agree with next years prediction but other then that your post seems sadly feasible. 

To go from yesterdays high to the low you describe would be so DC. 

Brutal...

Edited by CurseReversed

Where the refs really that one sided? From watching it without a dog in the fight I thought early on Washington was getting the better end of the calls (didn't noah, boozer, and heinrich?sp?) all have 2 fouls in the first quarter? It seemed like in the fourth they let both teams play.

Seemingly everyone sees it as a headbutt and they all think he pulled his arm back to throw a punch just before the two were separated. Wouldn't surprise me if he got suspended, I said it right after the game that I thought he might be. Only thing to do now is wait... And laugh, bitterly, at the irony that we traded the knuckleheads for this guy and at the most important time, he goes full idiot and screws everything up.

Life as a DC sports fan...

If that was a headbutt, then Butler head butted him back because his head didn't move.

If Nene gets suspended then that's the league blatantly legislating the series in Chicago's favor. It'd be some bull****.

Sorry, can't figure out how to post that right from my phone.

looks like nene bumps Butler on his way back down the court and Butler pushes nene back in the torso. Nene then headbutts Butler who's head doesn't really move back so they are forehead to forehead. Words are said and both prob would get matching technical fouls. Nene then grabs the back of butlers head and wrenches it down. IMO that's where the ejection occured.

Not sure but i think the headbutt plus the neck grab will result in a 1 game suspension.

edit.....The ****ing of nenes arm as they were getting pulled away certainly didn't help.

Edited by daveakl

I still feel like we have yet to give Chicago our best shot. And they've been giving us theirs every single game. Can we just get a start to finish great game from our key players? Or lowering our standards, can we get a game where our defense plays well and we make our FTs?

I agree with this. From what I've seen, the Bulls are playing very, very well (at least offensively for them). I think people got slightly too excited after the two games in Chicago since both really could have gone either way. All three games have been close down to the final couple minutes (even though the Bullets pulled away in game one). 

Tomorrow is pivotal for sure, but the Bullets still have some margin for error. I think they win game five no matter what happens in game four. Tomorrow is must-win for Chicago. 

Where the refs really that one sided? From watching it without a dog in the fight I thought early on Washington was getting the better end of the calls (didn't noah, boozer, and heinrich?sp?) all have 2 fouls in the first quarter? It seemed like in the fourth they let both teams play.

I agree with that. I don't think either team had a clear advantage from the refs (this is coming from a casual fan who wants the Bullets to win). When it comes down to ejecting Nene and not Butler (who hit the biggest shot of the game), it's tough. Something probably could have been done to both guys, but Nene absolutely instigated and did more than Butler...so how do you make it fair. I guess they could have kicked them both out of last night's game and given Nene an extra game (tomorrow). I'd like to see both teams at full strength moving forward so they almost had to do it the way that they did. 

So I was looking at NBA suspensions.

One one hand you have the JR Smith suspension last year for "throwing an elbow" at Celtics player (The Jet... guy who was on Dallas for a long time).  There's also Matt Barnes regluar season suspension for pushing the neck of Sitesma (sp?) in 2013.

On the other hand McRoberts who blatently put an elbow in Lebron's neck did not get suspended. 

I think he might get suspended but if so, why wasn't McRoberts?