Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If Josh McRoberts can get away relatively unscathed for what he did to Lebron, then I think the NBA should throw the Wizards a bone and not suspend Nene.  Pretty much, there is ZERO consistency with how they rule on these things.  Put it this way...I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a game...and I also wouldn't be surprised if he's starting game 4. 

FWIW...if the Bulls best bet is for Mike Dunleavy to get ridiculously hot, then I STILL like our chances going foward.  I wasn't expecting a sweep, and I'm sticking w/ my prediction of the Wizards winning in 6.  We're the better team.  Last night, we fould a way to beat ourselves via selfish plays, missed FTs, etc. 

I'd be very surprised if Nene got suspended. Nobody even threw any punches. The only thing that made this more than a typical scuffle was Nene grabbing Butler by the back of his neck but it wasn't a blow or anything. Just some **** talking. He got double T'd for it, that was appropriate. Maybe he gets a fine and then that should be the end of it.

I am absolutely expecting a suspension for last night and I don't think it would be unfair. In fact, I think we'll catch quite a break if Nene is not suspended 1 game.

He threw the first elbow, he threw the first head butt, he used his hands to control what's-his-face's neck/head (textbook Muay Thai Ju-Jitsu btw), and as the refs/players stepped in to separate them Nene was reaching back for a punch.

I'm praying he plays tomorrow but he won't and he shouldn't. He lost his composure and blew it.

The most seasoned veteran in our starting lineup. The "Big Brother" forgot the rules. 

Edited by Chachie

I am absolutely expecting a suspension for last night and I don't think it would be unfair. In fact, I think we'll catch quite a break if Nene is not suspended 1 game.

He threw the first elbow, he threw the first head butt, he used his hands to control what's-his-face's neck/head (textbook Muay Thai Ju-Jitsu btw), and as the refs/players stepped in to separate them Nene was reaching back for a punch.

I'm praying he plays tomorrow but he won't and he shouldn't. He lost his composure and blew it.

The most seasoned veteran in our starting lineup. The "Big Brother" forgot the rules.

Oh please, give me a break. Butler started the **** and was basically rewarded for it.

Sadly agree.  It was one of the most bone-headed plays in Wizards history and that's really saying something.

Chachie those weren't elbows or headbutts. There weren't any blows in the entire exchange. The only thing that made that situation different from any other typical NBA jostle was Nene grabbing Butler by the back of his neck you broke my heart Fredo-style. He didn't hit Butler, Butler didn't hit him, nobody else hit anyone. Nene got thrown out for it, and it was appropriate. But that **** was tame and doesn't merit a suspension.

• Like 1

Chachie those weren't elbows or headbutts. There weren't any blows in the entire exchange. The only thing that made that situation different from any other typical NBA jostle was Nene grabbing Butler by the back of his neck you broke my heart Fredo-style. He didn't hit Butler, Butler didn't hit him, nobody else hit anyone. Nene got thrown out for it, and it was appropriate. But that **** was tame and doesn't merit a suspension.

Among athletes and regular Joes, you have a fine point. Among commissioners, sponsors, and family-value television, he's out for at least a game. 

I'll be ecstatic if you're right, McQueen. I just don't expect to be ecstatic. 

Among athletes and regular Joes, you have a fine point. Among commissioners, sponsors, and family-value television, he's out for at least a game. 

I'll be ecstatic if you're right, McQueen. I just don't expect to be ecstatic.

There are scuffles and little fights all the time in the NBA Chachie. Very few involve suspensions. Blake Griffin gets into something with somebody every other game. I think you're overblowing this.

It wasn't like Nene was getting his buckets in game 4, but GD that looks a million times more dumb now that he's suspended for game 4. I still feel we're the better team and can pull out this series, even if we lose game 4. But again, GD, dude, seriously? Was it worth it?