The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I love him too.

1 - John Wall

2 - Sean Taylor

3 - Joe Gibbs

4 - Ryan Zimmerman

That's my personal DC Sports Rushmore

I love Beal too.  That's why I never lost faith in him and never liked talking about trading him.  And I'm almost there with Porter too.  These guys are so easy to root for and it's special when you completely believe in a young player and they reward you for it.  The Leonsis era has been the most rewarding to Wizards fans since the 70's--by far--and it's because of these three.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I love him too.

1 - John Wall

2 - Sean Taylor

3 - Joe Gibbs

4 - Ryan Zimmerman

That's my personal DC Sports Rushmore

I love Beal too.  That's why I never lost faith in him and never liked talking about trading him.  And I'm almost there with Porter too.  These guys are so easy to root for and it's special when you completely believe in a young player and they reward you for it.  The Leonsis era has been the most rewarding to Wizards fans since the 70's--by far--and it's because of these three.

Assuming Gibbs would be #1 if you had vivid memories of the 80s? 

Woo I'm 31 too same age boys

Anyway, Wall will bring us our first title since '91. In 2019 Lebron will go West and we'll have the room to go after Cousins and he'll come here to play with his boy. By then the Dubs will be a wee bit older and we'll have the athletes at PG, SG and SF to run with them while having a dominating big up front to punish them.

Hell Durant might opt out by then and decide to come home. I hope Wall tells him to go F himself.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is sad. Im 31 as well and have no memories of sports in this town before like 2000 smh. 

I think my earliest sports memory is the 97 Bullets getting swept by the Bulls in the 1st round and then Jordan proclaiming us the team of the future.

If only...

22 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Skins won Super Bowl XVII when I was 12 years old.

The best of times...

I was at SB VII at 12. Dad took the family to LA on a charter, that was hype!

Got my redemption 19 years later by being in Minneapolis. (Wish it had been So. Cal or Florida!)

Remember the Big E, Bobby D Championship like it was yesterday too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

This is sad. Im 31 as well and have no memories of sports in this town before like 2000 smh. 

I don't have a single positive memory about the Redskins or Bullets/Wizards from the 90's.  I actually stopped following every sport except Tennis from the moment VT lost the Sugar Bowl in '99 until my senior year of HS in 2003.  I'll always enjoy Tennis because I love the sport and don't need a team or player to root for.

'03 to about '06 was kind of a fun sports renaissance for me.  Cooley, Gibbs, Taylor, Zimmerman, and Arenas recaptured my interest and I also started following college sports again during college.

Could be me but Durant grew up here......

Instead of going to a public high school he went to a private school

Did not even think of going to college park 

Did not even give his hometown a meeting

Other than the monstrose thing which he probably did to get exposure I may be wrong but this guy sure likes to go the easy route. I'm not debating he has love for this area but dude literally likes to go to teams that are really good. I use to be a fan but can't really stand him, is it me being bitter....sure.

1 minute ago, shuler74 said:

Could be me but Durant grew up here......

Instead of going to a public high school he went to a private school

Did not even think of going to college park 

Did not even give his hometown a meeting

Other than the monstrose thing which he probably did to get exposure I may be wrong but this guy sure likes to go the easy route. I'm not debating he has love for this area but dude literally likes to go to teams that are really good. I use to be a fan but can't really stand him, is it me being bitter....sure.

Ehh, its not like Texas is a basketball powerhouse, and all the top HS talent go to private schools.

At the end of the day, Durant can live his life the way he wants. I don't fault him for choosing the Warriors over us. Not everyone wants to play in their hometown.

• Like 1

Based on prior literature from the Post Durant loves the DC area but feels like he has done all he could in DC and wants to explore outside the area. He feels like he has nothing to accomplish here and that his time here is done. Can't blame him. I mean I've spent most of my life here and I'm considering leaving the area. 

Their bench still scares me to death.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:34 PM, Warhead36 said:

We'll win 50+ because the East is so atrocious.

They'll have to do it before I'll believe it.  The East wasnt any good last year and they still came up short.  They have a way of doing that.

I don't like that we're still a Mahinmi injury away from being very thin on the frontcourt 

he can be the defensive force that we need, but that whole not playing thing is a problem.  Our defense needs to be better at all levels, particularly the bench. the bargain basement parts we picked up this offseason are not exactly known for their defense

Edited by StillUnknown

35 minutes ago, Destino said:

Any word on Otto?  I've been hearing a lot about Wall, which is great, but I want to know if Otto has improved his handles and added some weight.  

maybe strap bundles of his max dollars under his jersey? make it useful

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1