Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ted makes good points. There are so many bandwagon NBA fans here because for over a generation this team had nothing. The transient argument is a bad one because in today's society just about every big city is transient. You look around DC now there are tons of Nats and Caps memoribilia and Wizards is getting up there too with Wall and Beal. The Redskin are a dinosaur in this town, young people don't care about them much if at all.

• Like 1

I say time and time again when the Wizards bad nobody in this city give a damn. Redskins bad, you still see 60,000 people at FedEx even though they know they bad. There was this period after Arenas left before Wall came which was known as purgatory. Ain't nobody watch or care about Wizards. Now that they have something going everyone is a fan again including me. 

Anyway because the Wizards are good Bandwagon Ixcuincle is thinking of going to training camp and getting a basketball signed with John Wall and Bradley Beal autographs to put in the man cave. Any suggestions on training camp or what to do around there is appreciated. 

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I say time and time again when the Wizards bad nobody in this city give a damn. Redskins bad, you still see 60,000 people at FedEx even though they know they bad. There was this period after Arenas left before Wall came which was known as purgatory. Ain't nobody watch or care about Wizards. Now that they have something going everyone is a fan again including me. 

Anyway because the Wizards are good Bandwagon Ixcuincle is thinking of going to training camp and getting a basketball signed with John Wall and Bradley Beal autographs to put in the man cave. Any suggestions on training camp or what to do around there is appreciated. 

60,000 show up to FedEx...half of them wear the other team's colors.

The Redskins are dead and irrelevant in this town.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Welcome aboard.  We need every bandwagon fan we can get.  Can we come up with an information packet to ease the transition into fanhood?

Here are my contributions:

1 - John Wall is your new Lord and Savior.  We're the only ones allowed to talk bad about him.  And there is also a strict ban on all talk of trading him effective immediately.

2 - Ernie Grunfeld is NOT a good GM.  There are many who are worse, but if you want to say he's the worst GM, then that is acceptable.

3 - Beal and Porter have earned your grudging respect.  Criticisms of them should be specific and talk of trading them should be kept to a minimum.

4 - You can take or leave Ted.  Our official position is that we're ambivalent about him.  However, please do not argue that Snyder is preferable to him.

5 - Feel free to enjoy and celebrate Gortat, but also know that it is proper to trash him when he plays dumb or soft.

6 - We're still optimistic about Oubre.

7 - Don't crap on the fans in the phone booth if you're not there.  They've been through 35 years of ****.  It's a miracle that anyone still cared enough about this team before now to spend a good deal of their time and money on them.

8 - Ian Mahinmi's contract is a disaster and he's the proper scapegoat for most of our issues.  But don't get too wistful for the days of Nene and JaVale and never bring up Andray Blatche in a positive light.

9 - Complaining about the back up PG situation is mandatory

10 - Jason Smith is now your favorite player and all of his triumphs must be celebrated with total enthusiasm.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1