Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I say time and time again when the Wizards bad nobody in this city give a damn. Redskins bad, you still see 60,000 people at FedEx even though they know they bad. There was this period after Arenas left before Wall came which was known as purgatory. Ain't nobody watch or care about Wizards. Now that they have something going everyone is a fan again including me. 

I believe Arenas was traded away Wall's rookie year. 

• Like 1

Yes. I got the email about open practice on Friday Sept 29. I can't make it though unless you want me to speed down I-95 from the Nats Game at like 200 MPH. :rofl89:

Seriously though I can't make it but I might be able to make Sunday. I'll be all around Virginia that weekend so I might see them practice. Always wanted to go to Wizards training camp

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just wanna let the ES crew know that I will almost certainly be at the Wiz open practice down here on the 29th.  If any of y'all wanna meet-up/break bread/have some beers beforehand, I'd be all about that and buy a couple rounds.

Dang, if I were still in the area, I'd come just for the free beer!

• Like 1

Rule # 1 of being a DC fan: every failure and disappointment you've ever witnessed has prepared you for what's coming next. The Wizards are no exception

Rule # 2 of being a wizards fan: bullets gear only in the phone booth. 

Rule # 3: what's dead may never die. Ernie is going nowhere. GM for life and death. You are still openly encouraged to tear him down though. He feeds on your pain. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Game 2 of the Mystics series in conference finals is tomorrow.  They got creamed in game 1, but I'm still going to check them out.

the Lynx are a great team while the Mystics barely made the postseason.

Making it this far is an accomplishment. Its not a curse or anything for the Mystics to lose to the much better team.

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

the Lynx are a great team while the Mystics barely made the postseason.

Making it this far is an accomplishment. Its not a curse or anything for the Mystics to lose to the much better team.

I agree.  I know there was talk of this being a super team, but it doesn't look like they've gotten on the same page with their offense yet, was reading an article about how they do a lot well but still feeling each other out.  Like you said, its impressive they've gotten this far.