Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I remember them telling me he was the European Blake Griffin. I was so excited. Damn all of you.  

I kept looking at the highlights and breakdowns wondering when i would see him do something other than running or jumping

They locked in on him extra early too

Vesely was an all-star warm up player. He had all the moves in the world in that setting

Man, some good stuff in here today. That video almost got me... I LOVE the relationships that our players has with some media folk. (Mainly Phil and "Brad" and Wall and Chris Miller.)

Also, I'll take Kara Lawson in a heartbeat as a color commentator. Her voice is nice, knowledge is impressive, and she's cute. Why not?

Edited by CrypticVillain
  • Like 3

8... fun fact about Kara Lawson... which I guess is probably local legend... she played youth football.  As a 3rd or 4th grader, I played in her divison and she was on the Franconia team.  I was on the West Soringfied team.

They were undefeated and we beat them 7-0.in the regular season.  I was a DE and I distinctly remember pulling her down by her pigtails (it was a play where she was behind the line of scrimmage).  20+ years later and I still remember how proud I was of that for some reason.

We met them again later in the regular season and she sliced through us like a female Barry Sanders and we lost 24-7.

I think I ended up getting a concussion near the.end of our season and.I never played football again... at that level I cant even.remember, but seemed like play was just chaoticly mindless.

... needless to say I would think her a worthy replacement for Phil..  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/15/2017 at 9:46 PM, ixcuincle said:

How about Phil Chenier just take his job back because there's no replacement yet. 

Great to see his # retired. 

I've still yet to see a good reason why he was booted in the first place.  It's not too late to right this wrong.

I bet fan outcry coulda kept him on, had there been enough of one.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

I actually prefer the blue jerseys to red jerseys.  When we updated our look in the late 80s and went to an all red look, I didn't like it.  The blue just looks better for us and matches what we wore previously in the past.

Also, I wish they would switch to white numbers on the jerseys.  On the blue jersey, make the numbers white with red trim and on the home jersey, make the numbers blue with red trim.  Somehow on TV, even with HD, it's hard to differentiate a 3 from a 2. or a 6 from an 8.

One more point I'd like to make.  This is a "Washington" centric website.  The majority of fans in here are Redskins and Nationals fans more then any other fans in those sports.  In the Capitals thread, I see, of course, more Capitals fans.  But for some reason, there seems to be just as many fans (or more) of other teams as Wizards fans.  And they seem to want to come in here and take potshots at us.  I'm not sure what that's all about.  I mean, like I said, this is a "WASHINGTON" based website, so yes, we are going to be a tad "homer-ish" just like the Redskins, Nationals and Capitals fans. I'd like to see fans of other teams keep those comments to the NBA thread. As an Orioles fan, I have my own unwritten rule that I don't venture into the Nats thread.  Not my place to tell them how to root for their team or if they are a bit over the top.