Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SFGate.com: "He [Jason Campbell] looks frazzled under pressure..."

Boss_Hogg

Well it is what it is. I watched the entire game and knew from the start the raiders have no chance with jason. During one play when Jason got sacked, I was like damn he didn't fumble. Well i spoke too soon, as soon as I said that the ball came out..LOL..Yep! That's Jason Campbell.

I watched it too.. He's the same ol' JC.. With that same ol' "which way did he go" look on his face.. You can just see it on his face and demeanor that he cant lead a team.. That lack of confidence that he protrudes is one of his biggest problems imo.. Oh, and the checkdowns.. lol..

I agree mostly with all the constructive criticism Campbell has received as a Redskins QB, but honestly, the Raiders O-line yesterday, performed the most gawd awful pass blocking I have ever seen. I mean it must make Campbell long for the days of Stephon Heyer and Chad Rheinhart.

Robert Gallery is a joke of an O-lineman. Dude has been moved around into just about every position to find a good fit......

That entire O-line was just....a wreck.

Not that I think Campbell is great regardless, but he can be better than he was yesterday, and he still is a major upgrade over JaMarcuss.

donovan mcnabb: 15 completions for 171 yds 46.9% avg. 5.3 1 rush for 17 yards. offense scored 6 points.

jason campbell: 22 completions for 180 yds 59.5% avg. 4.9 1 td 1 int 6 rushes for 34 yards. offense scored 13 points.

i'm not going to say anymore, other than watch that glass house because mcnabb didn't look like a world beater either.

This is the prime example why so many are suckered when it comes to analyzing JC. They don't watch the games. They simply look at the stats and think "JC did alright".

donovan mcnabb: 15 completions for 171 yds 46.9% avg. 5.3 1 rush for 17 yards. offense scored 6 points.

jason campbell: 22 completions for 180 yds 59.5% avg. 4.9 1 td 1 int 6 rushes for 34 yards. offense scored 13 points.

i'm not going to say anymore, other than watch that glass house because mcnabb didn't look like a world beater either.

Once again,

If you cannot tell the difference in pocket awareness and command in the huddle between the two, then there's really nothing we can do for you.

I'll bet you neither of the Shanny's were in McNabb's ear telling him how to talk to his team in the huddle. :)

since there seems to be some reading comprehension problems here, i'll leave you guys to get wood every time campbell drops back. i said in my post mcnabb has already done things here that campbell could never do, but you're so anti-campbell you don't read anything. i said that i love mcnabb and never said anything about campbell being better than mcnabb.

what i said was is that i can't understand why you guys are so obsessed with a guy across the country in a different conference when our qb here didn't play lights out himself.

you're so quick to bash campbell, maybe you should look in your own back yard first.

oh and they're giving mcnabb the same excuses you flamed anyone who said anything about campbell for using.

Feel bad for the guy. After the last few years and then seeing the kind of protection the Raiders offer, you can understand why he has happy feet and plays like he has shell shock. Some of it was him. Some of it was the stuff going on around him. I think he's damaged goods and won't make it back at this point.

See, this is bull****. I mean, I agree he's damaged goods but I actually believe it's because he simply didn't get the 3-4 years of ON THE BENCH/Spot-Duty seasoning he needed to open his damn mind up to what was happening on the field. He lacks the ability to visualize and make the decisions quickly and trust in his arm (and to be accurate downfield) that a QB in this league needs. The guys who cannot consistently go downfield, usually master the shorter/intermediate stuff. I don't know if there is a single pass other than the intermediate, laser stick pass that he has mastered. And half the time, he could have thrown a slower but leading pass and gotten YAC for his receiver. (or kept him from getting killed.)

He wasn't shell-shocked in 2006, 2007 and most of 2008 (including late vs. Cincy, which always stands out) That leaves 2009. So---he was shell-shocked from one year, which occurred in his FIFTH SEASON IN THE LEAGUE?! Are you ****ing kidding me?! Do you know how many sacks Brady took in 2001?

The FACT is, Jason is not shell-shocked. This is not Patrick Ramsey under Spurrier---BTW, Randall took a hell of a lot of sacks (CUnningham) if I'm not mistaken, so did Jaworski and other decent QBs who somehow still delivered when this happened. Do you know that TOdd Collins was sacked more per attempt than Jason in 2007? Wow, somehow he got it done.

Jason Campbell is not a good QB and that's why he's not a good QB. He lacks the ability, confidence and leadership necessary. If you can't make the basic throws on a consistent basis (not the 'ability' to make them, but actually making them) you aren't a good NFL QB. He's, AT BEST, a spot duty placeholder, he's not even average actually, I think he would make most teams look mediocre. Even the Jets, who would love to have a guy who is just 'kinda good' probably would lose with him more often because he lacks the ability to be decisive and make the plays that need to be made.

Watch the difference in the team when Gradkowski finally gets in (assuming he is healthy.) He'll probably get hurt (Grad) but he will look worlds better for the few weeks he's in, assuming he's not playing a string of Baltimore, NYJ, etc.

It's funny how everywhere JC goes, the pass protection suddenly becomes terrible.

;)

Yeah, cuz otherwise the Raiders have been known for their super solid Oline. You know, the one our own Orakpo got like half of his sacks last season off of.

It's amazing how there could still be this much hate out there for Campbell. Yeah, he was average and at times above average. Other times slightly below average. He was rarely awful and even more rarely great. And yes, he's had not only weak Olines but weak WR corps' the majority of his career, including now.

Absolutely no one is saying or even implying Campbell is better than Mcnabb, yet that continues to be brought up as some kind of argument against him!

See, this is bull****. I mean, I agree he's damaged goods but I actually believe it's because he simply didn't get the 3-4 years of ON THE BENCH/Spot-Duty seasoning he needed to open his damn mind up to what was happening on the field.

I believe he got 2 years on the bench that is plenty of time.

I believe he got 2 years on the bench that is plenty of time.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying, he was a looooong-term project and there's no guarantee he would ever be good enough. I want to win and our core was not that young, we should have gone with the guy the OC thought would run his system best. Oh well.

On to a new, REAL QB, even though he has flaws.

I just poked my head in over there for a few minutes and almost immediately the flashbacks starting kicking in like a bad bag of shrooms :D

I can laugh about it now, but then again i'm not a raiders fan :ols:

ITS THE OLINE, not the QB!!!!

I knew when I came to the board today there would be a post on Grad over JC, and how bad JC played yesterday. But seriously do yall not watch football or just like Grad that much? I mean this is the same OLine that ended Gradz season last year, so what could have have done that JC didnt do yesterday honestly. I mean JC had defenders on him when he took 3 step drops. Why arent any of you talkin about HENDERSON'S weak ***** not able to blocc anyone. Or WALKER with all the penalties cause he was gettin beat so bad, he was false starting. Or the fact that we draft Tackles and move them to CENTER cause thats their natural position. We had DOUBLE TACKLE sets and STILL COULDNT BLOCC ish. That let me know before the game got started good that ever our COACHES knew the OLINE SUCCS *****. Seriously our OLINE SUCCS and thats the PROBLEM. Even seen a post about DHB being a blip on the field, hell our entire WR corp was a BLIP cause the OLINE was a BLIP. Grad, Boller, no Manning, Brady, or whoever yall think would have down anything bacc there behind that succ ***** line. You could bring back the greatest scramblers that played Cunningham, Tarketon, Stabler, Staubach, or Elway and still the same result. I dont care who hates my posts real is real........OUR OLINE SUCCS ***** period. All Gradkowski would have done different was make the saccs look better.......LMAO Michael Vicc couldnt have scrambled behind our WEAK ***** line........

Jason Campbell is Rodney Pete all over again some are just too blind to see it. Look up his stats and you tell me if this a real Qb or just some second stringer who got lucky to be in this league the way he plays.

Well damn :ols:

Give it up trauma. Even you cant be happy with what you saw out of Campbell yesterday. All those things Skins fans hated about the guy were right there for 60 minutes.

The classic deer in the headlights.

You do know on most teams the QB is the leader. The one who rally's the team. The one who gets players to focus. The one who knows its on him to make something happen. Campbell has never been any of that and never will be.

Hey, I'd lack confidence to if I was in Washington behind a trash offensive line that I got killed behind, went to a new place in hopes for a fresh start, and realized the line was just as bad.

Give Campbell this next week at least. We'll get less pressure I'd assume which will lead to a better chance for a proper evaluation of him on this team.

Whatever dude I bet JC's rethinking his decision to leave now:pfft:

wanted to pull for this guy campbell, but he does not look down field, either that or he does not trust his wideouts. He's always been a dink and dunk'r and it hasnt changed, he throws 2 yard passes and hopes the reciever can do the rest. dude already doesnt trust his line and has happy feet and wants that ball out asap, he just cant get it done looking as uncomfortable as he did.

..Was it the O-lines fault when he slid like a little girl...twice??....when we needed the first downs.....

...no balls, no passion....that was the knock on him in deadskin land.....and after seeing his estrogen laced performance yesterday.....it still holds true....

That is MAJOR point that people seldom seem to realize either. Shanahan wanted NO PART of "Checkdown Charlie" running his complex offense. He thought SO MUCH of Campbell that he traded him for a 4th round pick................TWO YEARS FROM NOW! If that doesn't say "I just want him the f*ck GONE" I don't know what does. Once again Mike Shanahan sticks it in our asses without lube. We have ONLY ourselves to blame for this mess that we're in. We already had a MORE than competent QB on staff (that is familiar with the team) in Grads who knows how to command an NFL offense and yet again, Al Davis can't stop chasing that big "cannon arm" peanut brain QB. You would THINK we would have learned our lesson with Aaron Brooks and JaMarcus Russell, now I guess it's gonna take Checkdown Charlie running this franchise EVEN FURTHER into the ground (if that's even possible) for Al Davis to FINALLY realize that it takes a SMART QB with intangibles (and NOT a cannon arm) to win in this league...................then again, maybe not.............we ARE talking about Al Davis

your right. But he certainly isnt a guy whos going to LEAD a team to victory.

Just like the Skins fans said. You wait, and you wait for him to MAKE A PLAY and he never does. Now you may win some games here and there when the defense is playing great and the running game is clicking and he can throw his check downs from time to time and you can come out with a win, but when the going gets tough and you need him to step up and make a play........ he never does

^^ My favorite post:ols:

If I actually had a heart I would feel sorry for these fans,but I don''t so:pfft:

Jason is like a coach's wind-up toy. They can program him, but they can't give him the intangibles that a QB needs. He's always going to see guys as "covered" and opt to check down, because that's what they told him to do. He is incapable of elevating the players around him.

I watched a few highlights from the Raiders game out of curiosity. Campbell got hit standing like a statue and coughed up the ball as usual. Apparently he opted not to take any shots and turned to his check down players too quickly. Also I didn't get to see it but I hear that they had a late game drive with time running down and instead of taking any shots to get the team anywhere near even field goal range much less in the red zone Campbell took the wide open check downs he was given and the drive took too long. Sounds like so many comeback "attempts" of his.

I thought for a while when he was here that perhaps the O-Line really was messing him up, maybe the playcalling sucked, or the offensive system was new for the 50th time. There was always another side to those arguments: The O-Line looked worse than it was because Campbell couldn't avoid pressure or get rid of the ball quickly. The plays looked like bad calls because Campbell checked down too quickly. The offensive systems were indicative of how Jason Campbell is a coach killer and never manages to perform well in any system. Now that he's on the Raiders some people will still see that none of it is Jason's fault, but I've seen enough of him to KNOW it has everything to do with the guy. He's a nice guy, he has a wonderful arm, he works hard, but he's just not very good. In order to be an above average team with him one would need the 2000 Ravens superbowl defense, and an offense consisting of the hogs line circa 1991, Jim Brown at RB, and Jerry Rice and Randy Moss from their primes in there at WR. The guy would suck if he was surrounded by a whole lot of talent. Good QB's can make things happen even with little talent around them. If you put Peyton Manning or Tom Brady on the Raiders, as improbable as it sounds they would probably be a playoff team. Those guys are everything Campbell isn't and never will be.

Still, since I hate the Raiders it is fun to watch them suffer.

Campbell is who we (the non-apologists) thought he was. It is amazing how some of the JC fan club still is in denial about it, using the same excuses for him now that they did when he was here. Of course, it is not surprising. JC was heavily outperformed by a career backup in 2007, using the same exact team/players and the apologists still made excuses. Now, the Raiders offense will mirror the Redskins offense of the past three years and the apologists will still not allow themselves to see the connection. :doh:

I don't know what's more amusing.

Seeing the Raider fans do a complete 360 now that the cold harsh reality of what their going to have to endure for the next few years has set in; or watching the still active ES "Campbell Rapid Defense Team" continue to defend the indefensible.

And how in the heck did we miss "Captain Checkdown?" That's pure comedy gold right there. But then the most truthful comedy is oft the best. ;).

Hail.

Jason is simply unwilling to throw downfield. It's pathological.

He's been the same QB with the same flaws no matter the scheme, coach, or personnel.

His stats are fine because he pads them... but we would have gotten crushed with him under center against the cowboys. Donny Mac did not play well, but he kept the d off the field at least and looked composed. JC would have gone three and out throughout and fumbled at least once.

Last but not least, the fact that Shanahan traded him to of all teams the Raiders is hilarious. Shanahan despises Al Davis. He knew he was sending him a loser.

Archived