Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SFGate.com: "He [Jason Campbell] looks frazzled under pressure..."

Boss_Hogg

Jason is simply unwilling to throw downfield. It's pathological.

I don't think it's necessary pathological - I think it's just an issue of confidence. Dude can't process the game quickly enough and he knows it. He also knows that he is woefully inaccurate on deep passes. So, in the heat of battle, he opts for the safe play.

It boggles my mind that the Raiders actually traded a pick for him - I know, it's senile Al that did it, but it is still stunning. It's almost stealing. Any cursory review of tape (even by a layman) would show that he is incapable of triggering a productive NFL passing attack. I understand that Zorn initially was saddled with him as a condition of being head coach, and then stuck with him out of stubbornness, pride, or whatever. But another NFL team giving him a starting gig with no competition? Unreal. Somehow, Jason Campbell has figured out how to consistently beat the NFL system of meritocracy.

A relative (Titans fan) sent me a link to a story about Sunday's game. Check out the quotes from the Titans:

(Campbell) was holding on to the ball some, and when he did, we had guys getting to him.
It appeared that something Campbell was doing just before the snap on passing plays — perhaps leaning back a bit — allowed the defensive linemen to get a swift start.

"Yeah, (he was leaning) a little bit," said defensive tackle Jason Jones

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100913/SPORTS01/9130328/2162/Pass+rush+makes+big+difference

Its amazing how ignorant some fans remain.

I've never seen so many false statements in one place.

I wish there was a no BS football forum where people actually wanted to discuss football.

Not make patently false statements that others blindly accept.

ladies and gentleman, i give you the funniest poster on ES. keep towing that jason campbell line. may i recommend using some larger fonts, highlighted portions, and maybe some pictures? im sure he'll get better in oakland, i mean look at the stats you posted: top 10 QB under pressure at 2:31 PM on the east coast in games aired on FOX. the guy is just a winner, plain and simple.

i mean look at the stats you posted: top 10 QB under pressure at 2:31 PM on the east coast in games aired on FOX.

Some of the names on that "top 10 under pressure" list are pretty funny. Campbell was joined in the top 10 by Seneca Wallace, Matt Leinart, and his current backup. I can see Oakland making a play for Leinart next offseason. Between Campbell, Grad, and Leinart, no blitz would be able to stop them.

Campbell looks even more confused in the OAK offense.

I find it funny that it's always someone else's fault and not Campbell's. He needs to MAN UP and accept blame for all the FAIL.

Well, he is learning his 3,564 Offense is his sixth season, so give it a few years. He'll get mid-pack numbers by 2012... ;)

I watched this game on sunday, just to see what campbell could do. I was interested. It literally was like watching the redskins of the past 4 years. I really like campbell. Hes a nice, smart, prideful guy. But for whatever reason, his lineman get him killed. Sometimes it is him holding the ball too long. Sometimes its his line breaking down. But damn, that guy was sacked twice on the first drive. Had a sack fumble for a td ( that was nulified luckily because the lineman's shoelace accidently touched him.) And had a pick returned for a td. I like the guy. But im glad hes no longer on the skins. His brain is fried, just too many coordinators and head coaches.

To his credit though, he could have either picked buffalo or oakland. I choose oakland because it is warmer.

ladies and gentleman, i give you the funniest poster on ES. keep towing that jason campbell line. may i recommend using some larger fonts, highlighted portions, and maybe some pictures? im sure he'll get better in oakland, i mean look at the stats you posted: top 10 QB under pressure at 2:31 PM on the east coast in games aired on FOX. the guy is just a winner, plain and simple.

Now play nice BLC.

To be fair to everyone's favorite sig. bet welcher ..... uhmmmm, I mean the "honorable" dg; everyone knows it takes at least 5 years or more to get the basics of a new system down. Poor dudes only been out West 8 months or so.

Just what the heck do you guys expect?

Hail.

Not only does he hold the ball too long, but he also can't read a defense. How many times over the years was he destroyed by a blitzer that everyone on earth knew was coming free except for Campbell? Same thing happened in the Oakland game. Staring down where he wants to go with the ball as soon as its snapped and BOOM he's on the ground and the ball is out.

Well, he's learning a new playbook, and, um... it's another year under a new coordinator, and, well, the offensive line isn't helping him much and... what else?

I think McNabb was delaying his extension until we realized how much of an improvement we now have. Leverage! Ca-ching!

He looked really nervous in the first drive. I think he has stage fright or something... maybe he just needs to imagine the opposing DL in their underwear or something.

The offense totally takes on the character of its quarterback. Kinda like a dog looking like its owner.

Archived