Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SFGate.com: "He [Jason Campbell] looks frazzled under pressure..."

Boss_Hogg

Before everyone laughs at how horrible Campbell is, keep in mind, in week one, he still ending up with a better passer rating than McNabb did, with a worse line, and worse receivers.

Wow. I cant understand how some Skins fans still don't believe that JC is the master of the check down.

Before I even checked the stats from the raiders game I said to myself that the leading reciever would be the RB and TE, so Low and Behold McFadden and the TE were the leading recievers (surprise surprise).

McNabb even when faced by pressure went downfield to the wideouts and on more than one occasion made something out of nothing. JC just doesn't have the poise under pressure to cut it. With McNabb I never thought the team didn't stand a chance to win.

Before everyone laughs at how horrible Campbell is, keep in mind, in week one, he still ending up with a better passer rating than McNabb did, with a worse line, and worse receivers.

Please look below!

1) McNabb won

2) Our "terrible" O-Line only allowed 1 sack by a top 5 front seven defense

3) McNabb helped his O-Line by scrambling, moving around in the pocket and throwing the ball away

4) McNabb did not fumble when he was sacked

5) Suck it Jason!

"Campbell is content even when he has time to dump the ball to Darren Mcfadden. McFadden is going to have some nice stats, but they're all coming between the 30-yard lines.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=72125

:ols:

Some of the raider fans have already come up with nicknames:

JaMarcus Campbell

Captain Checkdown

Checkdown Charlie

jamarcus light

diet russell

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/168793-j-campbell-nickname.html

:ols:

Last year the Raiders had the worst QB in the league, and we had the 2nd worse. Now they fire the worst and take the 2nd worse, who is now the worst again :ols:

They just can't win for losing.

I think I've spotted the flaw here in your argument.

Donovan McNabb found a way to lead his team to a WIN! He didn't throw a TD it's true (no thanks to Armstrong and his no hands), but he played savy ball whilst not being at his best; didn't turn the ball over once; felt the pressure in the pocket and kept his feet moving and his arm moving fast.

Jason Campbell, in that very same Reskins team Sunday, would of taken 5 or 6 sacks; fumbling away two or three possesions in the process; probably thrown a pick; and these boards would of been in meltdown after a 2 or 3 score Dallas victory.

But then again, Campbell did have a better passer rating so I could be wrong.

Hail.

*On a side note, I wonder if I wait long enough if everyone's favorite sig bet wel ..... uhmmm, ES fine upstanding individual who shall remain nameless; will come along with a list of (meaningless) stats to prove everyone wrong.

Throwing checkdowns really improves your passer rating, doesn't it?

Of course, Candle got outplayed even by stats on the same team by Todd Collins. So I wonder if this season so far the Raiders ran a lot of short drops or rollouts or something to protect their woefully inept QB.

Meanwhile OUR QB extended plays, and dropped the ball into a WRs hands in the endzone twice. McNabb wasn't perfect, but he wasn't the reason we didn't score an offensive TD either.

Jason Campbell is not a good QB and that's why he's not a good QB. He lacks the ability, confidence and leadership necessary. If you can't make the basic throws on a consistent basis (not the 'ability' to make them, but actually making them) you aren't a good NFL QB. He's, AT BEST, a spot duty placeholder, he's not even average actually, I think he would make most teams look mediocre. Even the Jets, who would love to have a guy who is just 'kinda good' probably would lose with him more often because he lacks the ability to be decisive and make the plays that need to be made.

this completely sums it up in curt, pithy fashion. JC is not a starter, and he's not even a backup in this league. He's a third stringer at best. His mechanics are flawed; he can't read defenses; he has one of the slowest releases in the NFL, and he has no game awareness and is not a leader....putting that aside, he's a great QB. Those of you who defended him either 1) didn't watch the games; 2) saw what you wanted to see or 3) don't really understand the game of football.

I think I've spotted the flaw here in your argument.--Donovan McNabb found a way to lead his team to a WIN!
LoL, this thread is awesome.

McNabb lead his team to a WIN huh?

It had nothing to do with D-Hall huh?

Campbell was under more pressure then McNabb last year and played better then McNabb did this year.

The difference a couple missed FGs, a D-Hall's TD, and a holding penalty.

I like McNabb probably more then anybody in this thread.

But, you're hatred of Campbell has reached mythic status.

HTTR!

Campbell was under more pressure then McNabb last year .....

Like clockwork .....

Yup, uncanny how that **** happen's huh? Put a competent, pro QB back there who makes savvy decisions in ball protection, knowing when to throw it away and always releasesing the darn thing quickly; and moves those feet thingies around the pocket in feeling and avoiding trouble; as opposed to holding on to it an eternity while his dim witted football brain tries to process the speed of the pro game in front of him, FIVE years in, resulting in then either throwing it up for grabs in a panic, or stepping right inot the face of an on-coming pass rush, being sacked and worse turning it over fumbling; and hey presto, sacks go down, a still VERY average, all be it improved on last year O-line looks half decent, and said QB is under less pressure.

As far the rest of your delusions ..... we won't debate those. It's WAY too funny to have you keep embarrassing the heck out of your self portraying them. Although your continued defense of the indefensible is quaintly admirable. You believe what you believe and hot darn it your gona' cling to that belief tooth and nail.

Quaintly admirable, if utterly delusional.

Hail.

Usually when a player loses and plays poorly and average at best everywhere he goes for 5 years, people figure out that he's not very good. I was as optimistic about Campbell as anybody. I gave him 2006 and 2007 as learning years. I could even understand 2008 as maybe he had difficulty because of X or Y. By the time 2009 had rolled around however I realized that regardless of what was happening around him, he was making the same damn mistakes and had the same exact problems that he had in his early starts in 2006 and 2007. I mean seriously, what does it take for a guy to prove that whatever "it" is that makes great QB's in the NFL, he doesn't have it.

I think Campbell has MORE weapons in Oakland than he did here...

McFadden is a baller, Heyward-Bey is fast as **** and has tons of potential, Zach Miller is a good TE, and while the Raiders O-line isnt great, I'd have to think it is better than ours last year

Its amazing how when Campbell is in the game, teams blitz like crazy. I noticed it in the Cowboys game, McNabb wasnt blitzed as much because he can burn them and make quick decisions....Campbell doesnt have that ability, and never will. He's at best a 2nd stringer...at BEST.

Yup, uncanny how that **** happen's huh? Put a competent, pro QB back there who makes savvy decisions in ball protection, knowing when to throw it away and always releasesing the darn thing quickly; and moves those feet thingies around the pocket in feeling and avoiding trouble; as opposed to holding on to it an eternity while his dim witted football brain tries to process the speed of the pro game in front of him, FIVE years in, resulting in then either throwing it up for grabs in a panic, or stepping right inot the face of an on-coming pass rush, being sacked and worse turning it over fumbling; and hey presto, sacks go down, a still VERY average, all be it improved on last year O-line looks half decent, and said QB is under less pressure.

LoL, the lack of football acumen in this thread is only matched by the immaturity.

Yeah how uncanny that actually upgrading the OL with 3 quality players made the pass protection better?

1st round draft pick at LT instead of the worst LT(3rd worst OT) in the league Levi Jones

Jamal Brown iat RT nstead of an injured Stephon Heyer (the 4th worst OT in the league)

Artis Hicks at RG instead of a rotating door of Mike Williams, Rhinehart, Montgomery,Edwin Williams.

I think Campbell has MORE weapons in Oakland than he did here...

McFadden is a baller, Heyward-Bey is fast as **** and has tons of potential, Zach Miller is a good TE, and while the Raiders O-line isnt great, I'd have to think it is better than ours last year

Its amazing how when Campbell is in the game, teams blitz like crazy. I noticed it in the Cowboys game, McNabb wasnt blitzed as much because he can burn them and make quick decisions....Campbell doesnt have that ability, and never will. He's at best a 2nd stringer...at BEST.

I know you hate Campbell and but c'mon you really think Oakland has more talent then the 2009 Redskins?

The Cowboys did blitz a lot yesterday.

They especially blitzed up the A-gap and from the edges.

McNabb had to throw a few balls away because the pressure and there were plays left open on the field because of their pressure.

And as much a i love McNabb, that games is not indicative of how good McNabb can actually play.

You guys are in such a hurry to bash Campbell that you're praising a how-hum outing by McNabb.

Teams blitz because that's how you disrupt a passing game you attack the OL.

I'm mean this stuff is basic football 101.

McNabb was savvy enough to avoid a lot of pressure and get rid of the ball before the pressure got their. Give me a break, Campbell would have found a way to fumble the ball and give the Cowboys a golden oppurtunity to seal the game. The guy choked so many games with late game turnovers for us. While McNabb didn't do a whole lot, he at least took care of the ball. Theirs a reason Shanahan showed Campbell the door. If he had moderate faith in this scrub, he wouldn't have spent a high round pick on an aging McNabb.

LoL, the lack of football acumen in this thread is only matched by the immaturity.

Yeah how uncanny that actually upgrading the OL with 3 quality players made the pass protection better?

Explaining the continued deficiencies that CC (Captain Checkdown) continues to bring to the table that put extra pressure on his lineman to hold their blocks longer, aside from his uncanny ability to step straight up into the face of the on-coming pass rush; is obviously too simple a form of football 1-0-1 for someone of your esteemed status to lower himself to appreciate; so we'll leave going over it again.

I would ask if the above reply is akin to someone who's arrogance matches his in-ability to read and comprehend as you responded to a post acknowledging the line was upgraded from last year, but as amusing as this all is, I think everyone would rather be spared the answer.

Hail.

Campbell was under more pressure then McNabb last year and played better then McNabb did this year.

HTTR!

Lol dude, and this is the contradiction I was speaking of

McNabb did indeed contribute to a win. This is Football dude....one can argue that the Cowboys wouldn't even be in range if not for

A. A bad punt

B. A fumbled snap on our field goal attempt

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...to say Campbell played better than McNabb this year and was under more pressure last year is hilarious

If you go on Eagles blogs, you will notice everyone complaining about the O-line with Kevin Kolb. Why? Because McNabb has pocket awareness, any O-line will look better with McNabb under center. He'll still get sacked...and has been sacked plenty in his career, but he's also avoided just as many and shown great pocket awareness in general

If you place a JC or most Qbs behind our O-line....I doubt anyone would think our O-line improved

And to say Campbell played better than McNabb shows a lack of football knowledge in all honesty. McNabb doesn't care about stat padding and never has...he cares about winning. That's how he plays...I watched that Raiders game as well and had them on my "Teams to watch" list....but right now I may scratch them off. And Campbell threw an interception...and had what? 2 fumbles? One of them lost?

I don't care much for completion percentage dude....turnovers are a killer. It shifts momentum and gives the opposing team better field position. If McNabb was playing on the Raiders you honestly see the exact same thing happening? You see JC as playing better?

You honestly think Campbell could have won last Sunday night? Seriously?

Lol dude, and this is the contradiction I was speaking of

McNabb did indeed contribute to a win. This is Football dude....one can argue that the Cowboys wouldn't even be in range if not for

A. A bad punt

B. A fumbled snap on our field goal attempt

Again you interject but your not being accurate with my statements.

The poster said that McNabb LEAD his team to a WIN.

Donovan McNabb found a way to lead his team to a WIN!

^^That statement is not true and that's what i pointed out.

McNabb contributed to a win no doubt, but that's not what the poster said and that's what i was respnding to.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way...to say Campbell played better than McNabb this year and was under more pressure last year is hilarious

If you read the post i was speaking specifically about last years Dallas game vs this years Dallas game.

And to say Campbell played better than McNabb shows a lack of football knowledge in all honesty. McNabb doesn't care about stat padding and never has...he cares about winning. That's how he plays...I watched that Raiders game as well and had them on my "Teams to watch" list....but right now I may scratch them off. And Campbell threw an interception...and had what? 2 fumbles? One of them lost?

Campbell had all the time in the world right? WRs running wide open right? Fumbled without getting touched right?

Also you're creating a strawman arguement again.

I'm talking specifically about last years Dallas game vs this years.

Not talking about McNabb compared to Campbell.

We agree that McNabb is better QB then Campbell and that McNabb has better pocket presence then Campbell.

See this thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?324516-Excited-for-2010-looking-at-McNabb-2009

But, that doesn't mean that i'm gonna agree to a bunch of straight lies about last year Cowboys game.

Jason Campbell in last years Cowboys game played befind a worse OL was under more pressure and had better passing day then McNabb had on Sunday.

Its a simple point i'm making.

I'm not saying that McNabb is better then Campbell.

If all that crap that Campbell would have been sacked 5 times blah, blah, blah was true then why wasn't he when he played the same team last year behind a worse OL?

By Monday morning in Washington, all will be remembered about Campbell. A day in which he might have staved off even his harshest critics -- one in which he played behind an increasingly battered line, stood in and completed throws that didn't look to be there and had the Redskins in position to win -- ended instead with a tipped pass, an interception and a loss by that 7-6 margin.

"This is a job that we chose to do," Campbell said afterward. His tone reflected his reality, that he knows he will hear much about what he did not do rather than what he did. The record shows that he completed 24 of 37 passes for 256 yards, finding seven receivers. The record also shows that he did not get the Redskins into the end zone when a single touchdown would have won the game, and that his final meaningful pass attempt of the day didn't find Santana Moss, his intended receiver, but instead was tipped in the air by a Dallas lineman named Stephen Bowen and picked off.

"Jason had a couple of really big hot throws, a couple of scrambles that got us out," Redskins Coach Jim Zorn said. "It was very unfortunate on that very last throw that was batted and tipped."

Such is Campbell's fate. Playing without two members of his original starting offensive line -- Chris Samuels and Randy Thomas, both done for the year -- as well as Pro Bowl tight end Chris Cooley and Pro Bowl running back Clinton Portis, Campbell said he felt like he had to take more of the burden against the Cowboys. That was particularly true after Portis's backup, Ladell Betts, was lost for the game with a knee injury in the first quarter.

Campbell said he also knew that he would occasionally need to release the ball calmly even as he was about to get crushed immediately after his release. The result: Just one sack taken on the day, even behind a line that doesn't resemble the one that opened the season, and a perfect 13-for-13 passing on third downs.

OR Just watch the game highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112201/2009/REG11/redskins@cowboys#tab:watch/recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story

If the defense scored a TD we would have won.

If Suisham doesn't miss 2 FGs we win.

Revisionist history must be bliss.

That's why this thread is joke.

The majority of people in this thread are not only showing how little they remember from last year but also their lack of ability to objectively assess football and QB play in particular.

I don't care much for completion percentage dude....turnovers are a killer. It shifts momentum and gives the opposing team better field position. If McNabb was playing on the Raiders you honestly see the exact same thing happening? You see JC as playing better?

If any other QB was playing for the Raiders the OL would be getting beat just the same, because McNabb is a better QB he would be able to avoid more sacks and make more plays but unless the OL gels and/or a WR emerges they're a sub .500 team no matter who plays QB.

The Raiders would probably be better off with a QB that can flat out run which allow them to get away from that horrid OL and enhance the running game by forcing defenses to account for the QBs threat to run. So while they aren't the best passer's Mike Vick or Vince Young would probably be a better fit for thr Raiders then any other QBs.

Again you interject but your not being accurate with my statements.

The poster said that McNabb LEAD his team to a WIN.

^^That statement is not true and that's what i pointed out.

McNabb contributed to a win no doubt, but that's not what the poster said and that's what i was respnding to.

If you read the post i was speaking specifically about last years Dallas game vs this years Dallas game.

Campbell had all the time in the world right? WRs running wide open right? Fumbled without getting touched right?

Also you're creating a strawman arguement again.

I'm talking specifically about last years Dallas game vs this years.

Not talking about McNabb compared to Campbell.

We agree that McNabb is better QB then Campbell and that McNabb has better pocket presence then Campbell.

See this thread: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?324516-Excited-for-2010-looking-at-McNabb-2009

But, that doesn't mean that i'm gonna agree to a bunch of straight lies about last year Cowboys game.

Jason Campbell in last years Cowboys game played befind a worse OL was under more pressure and had better passing day then McNabb had on Sunday.

Its a simple point i'm making.

I'm not saying that McNabb is better then Campbell.

If all that crap that Campbell would have been sacked 5 times blah, blah, blah was true then why wasn't he when he played the same team last year behind a worse OL?

OR Just watch the game highlights:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112201/2009/REG11/redskins@cowboys#tab:watch/recap-channels:cat-post-recap-full-story

If the defense scored a TD we would have won.

If Suisham doesn't miss 2 FGs we win.

Revisionist history must be bliss.

That's why this thread is joke.

The majority of people in this thread are not only showing how little they remember from last year but also their lack of ability to objectively assess football and QB play in particular.

If any other QB was playing for the Raiders the OL would be getting beat just the same, because McNabb is a better QB he would be able to avoid more sacks and make more plays but unless the OL gels and/or a WR emerges they're a sub .500 team no matter who plays QB.

The Raiders would probably be better off with a QB that can flat out run which allow them to get away from that horrid OL and enhance the running game by forcing defenses to account for the QBs threat to run. So while they aren't the best passer's Mike Vick or Vince Young would probably be a better fit for thr Raiders then any other QBs.

You just wasted your time typing a whole lot of nothing. JC sucks. You really can't argue that. He looks like a deer in headlights on every play. He lacks pretty much every intangibles a successful QB would possess. Look, JC is a nice guy but he is not going to win you many games. We saw that here in D.C. for way to long. He is verryyyyyyyy predictable on where he is going to throw the ball. He can't even get a snap off properly without tipping the d-line that he is about to receive the ball from under center hence why the Raiders D where basically jumping the snap. He should be playing in Europe or the arena league. How many excuses are people going to have for this guy?? Bad O-line, new offense to learn, different systems every year, bad WR, etc, etc, etc... He is who he is. A nice guy that can't be a leader. He is not a franchise QB. That's OK. It happens. Again, he is who he is. How many opportunities does he have to have? It's ridiculous!

Archived