Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SFGate.com: "He [Jason Campbell] looks frazzled under pressure..."

Boss_Hogg

There's no way past Campbell supporters can watch a game like today and think that Campbell would have us in this game. That he could do what McNabb is doing. It's just unreal. I feel like I'm coming out of a coma watching a real QB.

No doubt, our resident 'homer of a Wilbon sort' will come to inform us of how wrong we are. And you know what I mean. I pieced together from a number of posts by our dead-ender Fedayeen Campbell a big part of his irrational support for the guy.

It is a black and white issue at this point.

Jason Campbell homers over the last 2 years do not know football. They don't know what they're looking at. Just put them on ignore. Your IQ will be safer.

Do we have an option to make ignore list members invisible? I can't help but click the button to see their posts on this subject.

Its always funny when us fans are ahead of the people that are paid to know a sport. Some us have been ****ing about Campbell going on three years now.

well, in all fairness to most of these so called know it all analysts on t.v, they probably dont watch all the game like we do. we watch every redskins game, every min, every play ... so yeah, we clearly knew how bad candle was..

those on t.v probably basetheir opinion on candle by watching a few candle highlights and stats.

Candle only lasted a game and a half before being benched for Bruce freakin Gradkowski. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The same team that gave Jamarcus "sizurup" Russell two and a half years, only put up with Candle for one and a half games! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

And Candle got outplayed again!

Keep bumping this thread. The Raiders couldn't keep their QBs from getting hurt last season. They won't this season. Grad will get drilled and hurt. Candle will come back in, the Jason Candle Rapid Defense Team here will spring into action once again to claim this is some vindication for Candle. That Candle will prove all the "haters" wrong. And Candle will stink again and the same routine will happen over and over again. Just like it did here with Collins!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Those of us who know what it is we're looking at have been saying it for 4 years.

One thing I don't think Candle was accused of here was giving away the snap counts, giving the D a jump on the ball.

It's been pointed out, by the Titans and others, that Candle is doing it now.

Last season, when Candle couldn't get more than a three step drop, then Collins came in in TWO games and threw long bombs right away, the Candle Rapid Defense Team was arguing that for some reason Collins was getting time that Candle wasn't....

Now we know why?

you ain't lying. This has been a fabulous few months for me. Campbell is finally once and for all exposed. And lebron proves to the world that he is the douche i've been screaming about for the last five years. The lebron one was the bigger for me. It's gone longer. And it's more universally important. But with that, at least us wiz fans have been almost entirely united. Nothing frustrated me more than having fellow skins fans rocking deep, deep burgundy and gold tinted glasses (or something) and defending him no matter what happened.

hell yes!

Tomorrow, when I have time, I am going to bump the thread where I said Gradkowski was a better QB than Campbell. And I am going to point out how ****ing dumb so many people are. So, looking forward to that. :)

Amen Zoon! Amen! **** those *******s. You learn that they indeed have no ****ing clue what they are talking about. I hate being this way, but having Campbell shoved down our throats by the clueless and then calling us "haters" because we called it and were right (again) makes me have animosity towards them and towards Campbell because he has no business being an NFL QB.

But, in the end it feels sooooo good to be right ..................again.

Its always funny when us fans are ahead of the people that are paid to know a sport. Some us have been ****ing about Campbell going on three years now.

I've put down just two of the threads, but I know that there are some that are from 2007 when he got his first start.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?273109-Is-it-too-late-for-Campbell-to-be-saved/page6 (2008)

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?286777-ESPN-Sanchez-Talk-SHOCKS-Campbell/page11 (post#156) 2009

Weaknesses: Long accuracy continues to stand out as a problem. The deeper the throw the less consistent he is. Field vision is improved but still not good. Doesn't see entire field, misses too many open WR's. Is a better than average athlete and good scrambler but not a big threat to run. Lacks explosive top-end speed and elusiveness.

Throughout his first three seasons as a starter, Campbell consistently held onto the ball too long, threw too many passes up for grabs when he ran out of time, missed open receivers downfield and overthrew too many of the receivers that he did find open.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/...player?id=8754

Tell me if that scouting report isn't dead on...lol

Those of us who know what it is we're looking at have been saying it for 4 years.

Since 2007/2008, I've had Jason Campbell's "NFL Scouting report weaknesses" in my sig, and every week the same things that led to part of our downfall were some of the same weaknesses on that list. Indecision, held ball too long, inaccurate. The scouting on him was dead on. I didn't remove it until he was traded. Hell, I even remember a time when BLC was actually on JC's side...lol

I wonder how much of the Skins issues were really o-line issues and not really JC issues? I will admit that the Skins o-line had issues, but I also think that JC stunk so bad that the o-line just took the blame for everything.

Some have been saying this for the last three years. Campbell never passed the eye test. You saw the guy play and he oozed zero confidence and zero play making ability. Calling him average isn't even accurate. He's a BAD NFL QB. A bad one that didn't even last 1 1/2 game on a team that considered him the answer to their problems.

Bruuuuuuuuuuuuce!

Just checking in :D

One of my brothers is a raiders fan and he was happy as hell once the Candle was benched,too.

Tomorrow, when I have time, I am going to bump the thread where I said Gradkowski was a better QB than Campbell. And I am going to point out how ****ing dumb so many people are. So, looking forward to that. :)
:drooley::drooley: DO IT Zoony!! I'm looking forward to some good reading.

Wow. Just a game and a half. Campbell actually being held responsible for his performance. The question is will Cable pull a Zorn by actually sticking with this decision and realizing that he is there to coach EVERYONE in the locker room, not just the QB that was handed the job without ever having to compete for it.

I wonder if anyone will come in here and still try to support him and explain how the stats show that Campbell is better than Gradkowski...:)

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports-headlines/ci_16119879?nclick_check=1

Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell got outplayed by St. Louis Rams rookie Sam Bradford in the first half Sunday, and Oakland coach Tom Cable wasted little time making the change to Bruce Gradkowski.

Call it a hunch, desperation, whatever, but the move worked, as Gradkowski directed the Raiders on back-to-back scoring drives for a lead they held the rest of the game en route to a 16-14 victory at the Oakland Coliseum.

Cable no doubt sensed the urgency when his team trailed 7-3 at halftime. His calculated risk that Gradkowski would provide the kind of instant spark he did in relief of JaMarcus Russell last season paid off in a big way.

"My job is to win games and do whatever it takes to do that," Cable said.

Gradkowski has endeared himself to Cable, teammates and fans with a style of play that mirrors Cable's outlook.

The players seem to feed off his boundless energy, improvisational skills, quick decision-making and caution-to-the-wind approach.

"I said it last year, he's a great quarterback," offensive tackle Mario Henderson said. "A good backup and definitely a great starting quarterback."

In turn, Gradkowski likes what he sees from his teammates.

"It's coming together," Gradkowski said.

"Yeah, I was surprised," Campbell said of being replaced. "We were down 7-3. We had been moving the ball. We just stalled when we got to the red zone. But, at the same time, it was a decision that (the coaches) made. I've got to do what I've got to do, just live with it and just move forward."
Cable said he decided a change was in order after he discussed it with his assistant coaches at halftime.

"That was a good move by their coaches," Rams coach Steve Spagnulo said of the switch to Gradkowski. "He's obviously a mobile guy. He executed their offense pretty good. They came out with an intent to throw the football. He did a nice job."

Cable was noncommittal on who he intends to start against the Arizona Cardinals this Sunday.

However, Gradkowski is steadfast in his belief who is the best option.

"I expect to start," he said.

He added that he approaches each week as if he is going to be the starter.

"I want to be the starter," Gradkowski said. "In my mind, I am the starter. But that's how you have to approach it if you're the backup, if you're the third-stringer, no matter who you are. We don't play this game to be backups. We play this game to be starters in this league and win championships, and that's what we're here to do."

:munchout::munchout:

I wonder if JC feels like a used tissue in Oakland now??

I wonder if JC feels like a used tissue in Oakland now??

When I say I have never seen such a bad NFL QB get so long with ONE team, I literally mean, I have never seen such a poor NFL QB get so long with one team as the continuous starter. Especially not a guy who was regarded as the top talent in the draft like David Carr or with an exp. team totally in building mode.

When I say I have never seen such a bad NFL QB get so long with ONE team, I literally mean, I have never seen such a poor NFL QB get so long with one team as the continuous starter. Especially not a guy who was regarded as the top talent in the draft like David Carr or with an exp. team totally in building mode.

You should add Tom Cable as another "Agenda Boy" in your sig. Obviously he just hates Campbell the person and not Campbell the quarterback lol.

Some have been saying this for the last three years. Campbell never passed the eye test. You saw the guy play and he oozed zero confidence and zero play making ability.

See that's the thing. I played football a ton when I was a kid. But it was backyard street football. From like age 5 to 15. All day, everyday. We used to DESTROY each other. I was always QB and FS. Man, we'd get the new neighborhood kid in and his parents would be calling out parents that night, crying over the bruises on his body. Our field was basically this hill between two rows of houses. With home backyard fences on either side. You'd better not a catch or run anywhere near those fences. Arena league with wood, six-foot tall fences. It was serious. But that's the full extent of my football knowledge. Baseball and basketball were my two organized team sports.

So even with that lack of knowledge, I was still able to just watch Campbell and see that he was no good. The eye test. He never passed it. I gave him a chance like I do with everyone, but it became pretty obvious just watching him that he sucked. He just didn't/doesn't have it. It blows my mind how extreme people were in their defense of him and that he was given so many opportunities. It used to drive me crazy. How are people missing this obvious suck that Campbell exudes while under center?

And Zoony, I eagerly await your bumps tomorrow.

One thing I don't think Candle was accused of here was giving away the snap counts, giving the D a jump on the ball.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. I remember reading at least a couple times that he was taking so long to get the plays that all the opposing D had to do was watch the play clock and they could figure out when the snap would be. Not necessarily giving away the snap count, but you get my point.

Another thing he did while here was never alter the snap count or his cadence. I guess that could kind of be lumped with all that.

Archived