Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SFGate.com: "He [Jason Campbell] looks frazzled under pressure..."

Boss_Hogg

One thing I don't think Candle was accused of here was giving away the snap counts, giving the D a jump on the ball.

It's been pointed out, by the Titans and others, that Candle is doing it now.

Last season, when Candle couldn't get more than a three step drop, then Collins came in in TWO games and threw long bombs right away, the Candle Rapid Defense Team was arguing that for some reason Collins was getting time that Candle wasn't....

Now we know why?

Watch the vid...every time Candle snaps the ball he leans back giving the LB's clues of a pass.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao-Bhm35ARQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao-Bhm35ARQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LOL, so tom cable figured out in 6 quarters what our previous coaching staff couldnt figure out in 4 seasons. what a worthless loser, getting benched in the 2nd half against probably the worst team in football. i knew he'd get benched this season, i didnt thik it'd be week two.

bravo Al Davis, smartest thing you've done in a long time.

LOL, so tom cable figured out in 6 quarters what our previous coaching staff couldnt figure out in 4 seasons. what a worthless loser, getting benched in the 2nd half against probably the worst team in football. i knew he'd get benched this season, i didnt thik it'd be week two.

Gradkowski will start the rest of the year, book it.

Campbell is done, this may be his last year in the NFL.

Let's not go that far. I've asserted this whole time that I believe Zorn was forced to play Campbell at QB to see if he could make it work out. When a coach comes in, and names a starting QB (after he failed the previous season and the back up rallies the team to the playoffs) without looking at any game film or seeing them in practice, it tells you something in itself. All you needed was to listen to Zorn's press conferences after the losses to see what the problem was with the offense. "Well, we had several plays designed to go deep, but the wrong read was made" It was always comments directed towards the QB play (and OL as well) specifically.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. I remember reading at least a couple times that he was taking so long to get the plays that all the opposing D had to do was watch the play clock and they could figure out when the snap would be. Not necessarily giving away the snap count, but you get my point.

Another thing he did while here was never alter the snap count or his cadence. I guess that could kind of be lumped with all that.

Good points. I remember about the unvarying snap count, believe you about the rest.

edit: Thanks for the link BossHogg, I'll watch it at home where it's not blocked like here at work.

Gradkowski will start the rest of the year, book it.

Campbell is done, this may be his last year in the NFL.

I wish that was true, but the Raiders' Oline is horrendous.

Grad will be unlikely to survive as starter for the full season. Bruce has great mobility but it might not be good enough. Campbell and Boller will probably both see the field, along with 1 or 2 more QBs.

DG, Passizle, RCS? Anyone have any last words?

None to speak of. The matter has been pretty much done for me since he was traded. I had hope that a fresh start might help him out... but that first game showed me all I needed. He dont have it. Probably never will. Just search my post history in this very thread. I warned that Grad might take the job very soon and JC needed to watch his back.

None to speak of. The matter has been pretty much done for me since he was traded. I had hope that a fresh start might help him out... but that first game showed me all I needed. He dont have it. Probably never will. Just search my post history in this very thread. I warned that Grad might take the job very soon and JC needed to watch his back.
Has your position on the QB/O-Line dynamic changed?

Has your position on the QB/O-Line dynamic changed?

Not really. I still think a QB is more dependant on his protection than the other way around. You cant "create" protection with cadence differences and a quick release. You can beat a blitz that way. You can help your line sometimes that way. But those "big play" deep passes take time to develop. Protection is the only way big plays happen. There are certain phenoms that buck that trend like Manning and Brady, but for the other 95% the rule sticks. Look at guys like Favre, Cutler, Cassel, Penington, Hasselbeck, Bulger, etc... All those guys are good QB's that have had protection issues at some point in their careers. When the protection went away, so did their game.

Heck... a glaring example would be yesterdays Bears/Boys game. Cutler was getting crushed and the Bears looked like ****. They adjusted, protected the QB and he carved them up. He did not just "get better" all the sudden.

Heck... a glaring example would be yesterdays Bears/Boys game. Cutler was getting crushed and the Bears looked like ****. They adjusted, protected the QB and he carved them up. He did not just "get better" all the sudden.
But the protection didn't get better all of a sudden either.

Martz adjusted to a quicker passing game. It opened up Dallas' defense.

as a previous poster have sad, it still doesnt change the fact that you dont know much about football and that you an da few others should be ignored so the IQ would be safer.....

just sayin... i have not ignored you.

right and again, when qbs are given time, it is what they do with it. good qbs make big plays. average qbs make plays here and there, bad qbs rarely make any plays, then you have jason candle.

the fact taht this guy couldnt do anything against the RAMs... lol i cant stop laughing.

shaun hill from the lions, a backup qb came in and helped lions put up 32 points against the iggles while this loser candle could only muster 3 points in one half of play against the freaking RAMS?

Sure it did. The quicker rythm helped keep Cutler on his feet. Thats the defenition of better protection. Cutler dinked and dunk a good portion of that game and had great YAC from the RB's and WR's in that game. Heck... even the announcers noticed the difference in the protection packages.

Another PRIME example? Tony ****ing Romo sits to pee. The guy has been a fantastic QB for 4 years straight. What happened to that line this offseason? You think its coincidence that Romo sits to pee is not playing well right now? Perhaps he forgot how to read defenses and beat the blitz during the offseason? Please explain if you care to.

as a previous poster have sad, it still doesnt change the fact that you dont know much about football and that you an da few others should be ignored so the IQ would be safer.....

just sayin... i have not ignored you.

Please do. Every one of your posts wreak of troll. You are posting to get a rise out of me. You wont... As I stated in the other thread. Have a nice day sir.

Sure it did. The quicker rythm helped keep Cutler on his feet. Thats the defenition of better protection. Heck... even the announcers noticed the difference in the protection packages. Another PRIME example? Tony ****ing Romo sits to pee. The guy has been a fantastic QB for 4 years straight. WHat happened to that line this offseason? You think its coincidence that Romo sits to pee is not playing well anymore? Perhaps he forgot how to read defenses and beat the blitz during the offseason? Please explain if you care to.
I think we're on 2 different thought patterns. Protection and Offensive Line are 2 different things. I was talking about the O-Line.

And Romo sits to pee's stats are on par with his career. He's just played us, and his career average against the Skins are lower then his other averages.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, was just asking. Of course the Cowboys offense isn't the same. Look at their rushing numbers against Chicago.

I tried warning a friend who is a Raiders fan a few weeks ago about what was coming. I told him that he would be screaming at his TV by week 6: "THROW THE BALL!". I told him that JC won't throw it deep and the idea that he's good at it (spread by media types who haven't watched him play much) was a total myth. I told him JC would make Zach Miller look good and that he had to be better than JaMarcus, but that's about it.

His reply was "No way man! JC is a great leader and that's what we needed. He's the next Jim Plunkett"

Ummmmmmm, ok....

I tried warning a friend who is a Raiders fan a few weeks ago about what was coming. I told him that he would be screaming at his TV by week 6: "THROW THE BALL!". I told him that JC won't throw it deep and the idea that he's good at it (spread by media types who haven't watched him play much) was a total myth. I told him JC would make Zach Miller look good and that he had to be better than JaMarcus, but that's about it.

His reply was "No way man! JC is a great leader and that's what we needed. He's the next Jim Plunkett"

Ummmmmmm, ok....

It's your friends name Al Davis? :ols:

Also 2 weeks in, what's his impression if JC?

Archived