Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Has there been a bigger fall from grace in the history of pro sports than Eldrick?

Not sports, but Tiger Woods' fall from grace is mirroring Michael Jackson's IMO.

A man who was the best ever. Then a scandal. Now potential drug problems. 

24 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Not sports, but Tiger Woods' fall from grace is mirroring Michael Jackson's IMO.

I mean, I'd much rather have Tiger's scandal than Michael Jackson's, 100%.  

I don't get the suicide or dead in 10 years vibe from him.  Am I missing something?  

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I mean, I'd much rather have Tiger's scandal than Michael Jackson's, 100%.  

I don't get the suicide or dead in 10 years vibe from him.  Am I missing something?  

Think about it. Just like Michael Jackson, Tiger was a child prodigy. Gold has been apart of his life since he was a child. Now it's practically gone and now he appears to be having drug problems. Just like Michael Jackson. 

Not saying he's going to commit suicide, but Tiger is in a very bad way right now. He seriously needs help.

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Think about it. Just like Michael Jackson, Tiger was a child prodigy. Gold has been apart of his life since he was a child. Now it's practically gone and now he appears to be having drug problems. Just like Michael Jackson. 

Not saying he's going to commit suicide, but Tiger is in a very bad way right now. He seriously needs help.

Yeah, I don't disagree...I'm just saying I'd rather cheat on my wife with some hot bimbos instead of being labeled as a child molester.  If I'm looking at fall from grace scenarios and comping him to Michael Jackson, I'm taking Tiger Woods problems all day long.

I will say the main difference between the two is that Jackson was a certified weirdo, Tiger seems to be a pretty normal guy.  Jackson getting his face done up, bleaching his skin, all the other weird things that came out of the years....Tiger just wanted to get laid.  

You didn't say suicide but a couple others have in this thread.  Surely Tiger has some issues with pills it looks like but from what I remember this is only the first time he's had an issue right?

36 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I don't disagree...I'm just saying I'd rather cheat on my wife with some hot bimbos instead of being labeled as a child molester.  If I'm looking at fall from grace scenarios and comping him to Michael Jackson, I'm taking Tiger Woods problems all day long.

I will say the main difference between the two is that Jackson was a certified weirdo, Tiger seems to be a pretty normal guy.  Jackson getting his face done up, bleaching his skin, all the other weird things that came out of the years....Tiger just wanted to get laid.  

You didn't say suicide but a couple others have in this thread.  Surely Tiger has some issues with pills it looks like but from what I remember this is only the first time he's had an issue right?

1) Those bimbos were not hot. Go back and look at them. You could pull better looking women than Tiger was knocking down. And you could look like Gollum, lol.

2) Tiger Woods is absolutely a weirdo. He destroyed his knees chasing some Navy Seal dream. He ran after mediocre women. 

3) Most of all, for a guy who was as private as Tiger Woods to have his affairs so public was a lot. He was crafted this image and had a guidebook on how to follow and he blew it.

And he lost his family.

I am really concerned for him. I think he could end up dead from ODing either intentionally or unintentionally.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Dude seems to have an addiction issue, and has experienced  a tremendous fall from being on top of the world.

Whether you/we care, or think he deserved it, or have sympathy or anything else aside - to him I think it's been devestating.

Seems too often that results in death due to overdose/suicide.

Add-in that he seems to have secluded himself from the world and has few close friends (if you believe the 'insiders' over the years), his father is not around, and it's questionable if he has any support structure to help him through it.

3 am arrest for DUI is a huge cry for help. I don't care what statement he releases about back surgeries and pills.

(in my opinion...)

Police report says he was found sleeping in his car.

That could change things.

He's a habitual liar, so it'll be impossible to know the truth about how long he was there and what happened. Maybe he realized something was wrong, pulled over and tried to sleep it off, and was ultimately very little risk or did very little wrong other than not knowing that's still illegal (sleeping in your car intoxicated.) Maybe he was driving all night zooted up and dozed off waiting for a hooker (lol who knows.)

It has the possibility of being quite different than being stopped by the police at 2 am for driving all messed up...

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Back surgeries are no joke.  The guy has had four of them.  No doubt he is in constant pain.  Feel bad for the guy.  Multi millions of dollars can't fix your health.

Four surgeries on the same part of his back at that.  I had a minor back injury with no surgery and was in some discomfort for 6 months. I can't imagine if I actually got cut on 4 times.

ok holy ****

police report says

"stopped in the roadway"

he wasn't sleeping it off in a parking spot. he was passed out in the middle of the road.

so i take that back. if it changes anything, it makes it worse...

(that's what i get for reading the article, and not the actual police report. article didn't mention he was in the roadway, with foot on the brake, and right turn signal on, passed out. just that he was passed out.)

Sorry, but at 51 and having looked up to a 20-something at one point, I feel the need to make one.

It was almost 3 am.  I'd throw down on that one, since I can't remember being anywhere in a vehicle that late in at least 15 years.  <The "you've got kids, dude!  what are you doing?" argument>

But...I have a friend who had an Ambien scrip once, and as a diabetic...for some reason went out in the middle of the night for a ****load of chocolate candy late one night...the evidence was surrendered to me when he came in for lunch the following day with the explanation of : I don't remember doing it!  And I've known this dude for decades, I believed him then and still do.

Loneliness can make people do some nutty things, like not eat with their meds like they should, etc.  Can't keep their schedule together, especially with fame & fortune. 

I hate that it happened, but if it keeps anything from getting worse (or maybe helps), I'll be ok with the history of the mugshot of "DUI of the Tiger".  I had downfalls at his age, and came back from it.  Like someone else posted, just "normal person" healthy.

Oh God, from golf channel... from the police report...

.000 bac

No odors on woods

Failed all but one roadside test

Damage to vehicle. Both driver side tires were flat. Damage to front and rear bumpers, driver side.

There is dash cam footage, will be released on Wednesday .

It's easy to judge when not in these people's shoes.  Tiger lived a sheltered life that was manufactured by his father.  While he may appear "normal" he's definitely not.  I can't begin to imagine the level of depression a once elite perfectionist at his craft feels to be damn near crippled before the age of 40.

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's easy to judge when not in these people's shoes.  Tiger lived a sheltered life that was manufactured by his father.  While he may appear "normal" he's definitely not.  I can't begin to imagine the level of depression a once elite perfectionist at his craft feels to be damn near crippled before the age of 40.

True but he could've killed someone.

How did Tiger Woods injure his back in the first place? I did some Googling but couldn't find anything concrete. I'm guessing gradual, "wear and tear?"

*edit* After reading over his injury history with his knees, one can only imagine how he overcompansated by leaning and putting his weight on one side. That can do damage to your spine. The human body is a frail and complicated thing. Seems like he has always been injury plagued.

19 hours ago, DM72 said:

Sad part about that DM72, is that people that have surgery and are prescribed narcotic pain meds....are prone to become addicted. Happens so much now and Tiger is just a high profile figure.

6 hours ago, abdcskins said:

How did Tiger Woods injure his back in the first place? I did some Googling but couldn't find anything concrete. I'm guessing gradual, "wear and tear?"

*edit* After reading over his injury history with his knees, one can only imagine how he overcompansated by leaning and putting his weight on one side. That can do damage to your spine. The human body is a frail and complicated thing. Seems like he has always been injury plagued.

One problem probably led him to change his style, which created the next problem.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/numbers-look-back-woods-injuries/

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

PED use, being hung up on being a physical freak (in relation to golf, tiger beefed up hard core), training with navy seals, constantly changing his swing (and the work associated with it)

There's no confirmation on the PED use, but there's tons of things that point to it. And no matter how hard you train, your body falling apart at 40 is almost always an indication of PED use.

Which is why I have trouble having sympathy for him... balancing the mental issues with addiction and such with the fact that he largely created this mess himself (especially the physical health aspect) is hard for me.

Archived