Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Tebow will have workout with Skins

Rypien1191

If he's there late 2nd on we have to take him...my gut is he doesnt make it past the 1st round. He is too charismatic, positive, and hard working. Someone is going to fall in love with him and take him 1st.

He may be all of those things, but so are a lot of people on this board. Doesn't mean that they are first-round talents.

If they take Okung with the 4th overall, I don't know that I would mind Tebow with the 2nd round pick.

I'm with you. I think going QB with the 2nd round pick is the way to go. I don't see the seperation in talent between Bradford and the other guys who are QB prospects. McCoy and Tebow have both won at the college level and seem like high quality individuals. I'd be ok with Tebow at #37.

I think his upside is greater than any of the other Rd 2 QBs. McCoy, Lefevour, Pike all have physical limitations that limit their upside. Tebow's problem is not arm strength or size, but mechanics. Let him sit and learn for at least one full season and upside could easily be greater than any of the other prospects outside of the top 2.....

What physical limitation does LeFevour have????

Has there EVER been a more polarizing draft pick than Tebow? I've heard football guys like Gruden speak with unbridled awe of his football and athletic talents. Here's Vikings coach Brad Childress: "I just think he's been, probably taking everything else aside, as good a competitor as I've seen." ...And who was Childress' quarterback last season?

Yet most experts doubt he'll succeed as an NFL QB.

My view with the draft has been Bradford or wait til next year for a QB. But Tebow at 2? I could live with that. I really think Tebow will prove all the doubters wrong about his NFL prospects.

Tebow in the second or third (should we acquire a 3rd rounder)? Sure. It all depends. Everything that he's done to improve his throwing motion and foot work proves his work ethic. He'll be extremely easy to coach and you know he'll put the time in. I'd be okay with him as someone to take a flier on. I don't necessarily think he'll be a world beater. But he has good talent and his preparation/work ethic definitely makes him a decent possibility.

I'm not drinking the kool-aid that he's going to be the best, though. Good? I think he absolutely could be.

What scares me about Tebow is his low Wonderlic score.

If he can't read an NFL defense or make adjustments as a Bill Belichick or Gregg Williams is screwing with him as his presnap read, what good will he be?

I really hope whatever team takes him (especially if it does end up being us in the 2nd), puts him through a serious football iq test before drafting him. Talent can only take you so far (see Michael Vick), you need a brain to join the true elite.

He's got everything you want in a QB other than accuracy beyond 10 yards, arm strength, a quick release and the ability to read the field.

Sounds devastating if it were true. Even his critics accede that his arm strength is VERY good, accuracy decent too according to the draft geeks. Quick release is a legitimate attack.

If he can't read an NFL defense or make adjustments as a Bill Belichick or Gregg Williams is screwing with him as his presnap read, what good will he be?

I really hope whatever team takes him (especially if it does end up being us in the 2nd), puts him through a serious football iq test before drafting him. Talent can only take you so far (see Michael Vick), you need a brain to join the true elite.

If so, we should worry equally about Clausen, who scored only 1 point higher. If the Wonderlick was the be all and end all, Alex Smith would be superstar with his stellar 40 score. Peyton Manning, Brees would be about average QB's -- they didn't score much higher than Tebow, and McNab's score was much lower.

If they take Okung with the 4th overall, I don't know that I would mind Tebow with the 2nd round pick.

I feel the same. And think about this. Didn't Shannahan make a big deal about coaching Peyton Manning in the Pro Bowl. And seeing him studying the game plan? Out of all the QB's in the draft who is most likely to be in his room studying and not partying? That's Tebow. Don't think anyone would out work him. And he's a very good athlete so I think he could be coached up in a couple years.

I'm betting Shannahan would take Claussen at number four if he's there. So this is probably a back up plan. If his QB ain't there at 4 take the LT. Then get his QB lower in the draft. Tebow is a winner and he played in the toughest conference in football; the SEC. Pains me to say it cause I'm an ACC guy. But everyone else is their *****!

The wonderlic has nothing to do with reading NFL Defenses.

Found a site that ranks the projected NFL Starting QBs wonderlic scores (Let's not argue about who is going to start and not start, this is just to show that Wonderlic doesn't necessarily mean much. I don't think Tebow is going to start, either, but whatever)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/wonderlic-scores-of-2010-nfl-starting-quarterbacks-and-339905.html

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick 48

2. Alex Smith 40

3. Eli Manning 39

4. Matt Stafford 38

5. Tony Romo sits to pee 37

6. Aaron Rodgers 35

6. Matt Leinart 35

8. Tom Brady 33

9. Matt Ryan 32

10. Matt Schaub 31

11. Philip Rivers 30

12. Matt Hasselbeck 29

12. Marc Bulger 29

12. Brady Quinn 29

15. Mark Sanchez 28

15. Peyton Manning 28

15. Drew Brees 28

18. Josh Freeman 27

18. Joe Flacco 27

20. Carson Palmer 26

20. Jay Cutler 26

20. Kyle Orton 26

23. Ben Roethlisberger 25

24. Jason Campbell 23

25. Brett Favre 22

25. Tim Tebow 22

25. Chad Henne 22

28. Bruce Gradkowski 19

29. Vince Young 15

30. Donovan McNabb 14

30. David Garrard 14

Lol, are you serious? He scored a 22. Sure, it isn't an epic score like a 46, but there are QBs out there that have scored 15's (Vince Young for example) and have won games. Just look at the turn-around the Titans had with him at QB.

Also, have they proven that the wonderlic is a strong indicator of whether you're going to succeed or not? I really don't think they have.....to base his ability to read defenses off of a score on a test that has nothing to do with football just floors me.

He's definitely a smart guy who loves football and understands quite a bit, so let's just throw out the Wonderlic score as the sole measure you're using to base your comment off of.

I feel the same. And think about this. Didn't Shannahan make a big deal about coaching Peyton Manning in the Pro Bowl. And seeing him studying the game plan? Out of all the QB's in the draft who is most likely to be in his room studying and not partying? That's Tebow.

I follow the point and agree with it generally but if you buy into what Mel Kiper thinks, his answer wouldn't be Tebow but LeFevour. He says in his draft book LeFevour is easily the most studious QB in this draft and possibly in the NFL too. He describes him as a fanatical studier of tape.

He may be all of those things, but so are a lot of people on this board. Doesn't mean that they are first-round talents.

Well, some scouts said we over-reached on Ramsey and JC in the first round. I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow did go in the lower 1st round or upper 2nd. Tebow's stock is rising pretty fast. Mike Mayock, who is very respected with the draft, is really starting to tout Tebow. If we did take Okung, I would be very happy with Tebow in the 2nd. There is no way Tebow drops past the 2nd round.

He's got everything you want in a QB other than accuracy beyond 10 yards, arm strength, a quick release and the ability to read the field.

So he's basically a weaker-armed Jason Campbell, but with better mobility.

This guy would be a project anywhere, if drafted. I don't think the FO is seriously interested in him, but it's definitely due diligence to see if he has progressed in his "revamped" delivery.

Archived