Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Tebow will have workout with Skins

Rypien1191

I'm not going to lie.... I was adamant about the guy since last year...but....he's grown on me! Don't ask me how and don't as me why, but he has. My biggest gripe about the kid was that everybody and anybody was all over his !@$%.

But once I took the time and really evaluate the kid without all the built up bias-ness...(is that even a word?)...he grew on me. The kid wins and has been winning for a long time. Bad mechanics or not he's won a lot of games at Florida. To me if his mechanics are that bad and obvious then not only is that a critique on him but the opposing Coaches, Defenses and players on those Defenses that he played against for not preying on that to their advantage. You hear a lot about "''Pro-Style" offenses but not a whole lot about "Pro-Style" defenses. That's because Defense is defense no matter where you go. Only thing different is the talent pool. I watched his combine and watch everyone turn on him as soon as his Florida days were over.

The most telling thing about his character was when asked about his critics he said something that really stood out for me. "I love my critics, I love to prove them wrong and I use them as a source of motivation to work harder and be better". Now he's not the first to say it nor will he be the last, but I sensed he was one who really believed it. With that said he had me in his corner. So whether he turns out to be a Redskin or not I'm all in with this kid.

As long as we draft a quality O lineman with the first pick or at least trade that pick for more picks then somehow we'd draft Tebow (later rather than sooner)...I wouldn't be mad. As long as our highest pick goes toward a blaring issue created by our previous idiotic Front Office.

He has a fire in him. Unlike that absolutely empty shell of a QB we have now

So, we go from what we have now to a guy that is fired up to play, but can't read NFL defenses.

I guess he will look good getting sacked, holding onto the ball too long and getting picked off.

Yeah, like that improvement.

And this same Alabama team with the same Nick Saben as coach was the coach for the same game in 08 as well. What happened? I sugguest you go look before making again more claims.
It's pretty easy to explain.

Saban got the talent level of Alabama to equal the talent level of UF.

Once it was an equal playing field, Saban's gameplan completely dismantled Tebow and the UF offense.

Seriously, what kind of argument is that?

"Well, in the most recent example in history, Tebow looked like crap against a really good defense when it counted the most. But go back a year or two, when UF had the most talent, and you'll see that Tebow was better!"

So, we go from what we have now to a guy that is fired up to play, but can't read NFL defenses.

I guess he will look good getting sacked, holding onto the ball too long and getting picked off.

Yeah, like that improvement.

And where exactly is this information you claim coming from?? What NFL defense has he been unable to read? Matter of fact what college defense has he failed against? I will wait for your answer while i hear crickets churping

He's really going to fire everybody up while he's sitting on the bench, still developing as a QB for his first couple of years.

NFL starters love hearing motivational speeches from the 2nd and 3rd string players.

Once it was an equal playing field, Saban's gameplan completely dismantled Tebow and the UF offense.

"Well, in the most recent example in history, Tebow looked like crap against a really good defense when it counted the most. But go back a year or two, when UF had the most talent, and you'll see that Tebow was better!"

Lol dude your just a joke, without a clue nor a backbone of facts or evidence as usual. Just a Tebow hater for reasons explained before. Just do a quick history on your post for the last few months and its only Tebow hate.

Tell me this, what player/players were on the 09 team that were not on the 08 team that made this BIG difference you claim? DO you have any clue what ranking Alabamas D was in 08 and 09? I suppose you dont else you would not sound so clueless again. I guess Saban didnt gameplan in 08 right? You have on poorly plaid game by FlA not Tebow in 3 years of play and thats your basis for reason?

Lol dude your just a joke, without a clue nor a backbone of facts or evidence as usual. Just a Tebow hater for reasons explained before. Just do a quick history on your post for the last few months and its only Tebow hate.
I don't think you've actually looked through any of my posts.

Another UF fan on this board, Chopper Dave, discussed Tebow at length in a thread about Tebow a couple of months ago and we came to the resolution that while we both like Tebow and wouldn't mind him succeeding, we just disagreed at where and how that will happen for him in the NFL. I even offered a pretty good idea of Tebow ending up in New England as a developmental project that Belichick could play around with on certain packages.

I don't have any blind hate towards Tebow.

But I apparently have a better understanding of football than you, when you're so emotionally attached to this guy that you can't defend him with anything other than calling people "haters" or "jokes" or whatever other immature names you're coming up with.

Bradford not Tebow:

Redskins have scheduled a private workout with Sam Bradford next month in Norman, according to Ben Dogra, one of Bradford's agents

‎RickMaese ‎ - twitter.com -

2 minutes ago

I don't think you've actually looked through any of my posts.

Another UF fan on this board, Chopper Dave, discussed Tebow at length in a thread about Tebow a couple of months ago and we came to the resolution that while we both like Tebow and wouldn't mind him succeeding, we just disagreed at where and how that will happen for him in the NFL. I even offered a pretty good idea of Tebow ending up in New England as a developmental project that Belichick could play around with on certain packages.

I don't have any blind hate towards Tebow.

But I apparently have a better understanding of football than you, when you're so emotionally attached to this guy that you can't defend him with anything other than calling people "haters" or "jokes" or whatever other immature names you're coming up with.

U bring opinions only, which is all fine and dandy because its a message board but to make claim after claim without any facts or video or anything to remotely back up these claims is silly. I have looked at your post I would bet there are more negative post about TEbow than anything else (last few months). All I said is show some basis for your claims OTHER than your opinion and you tuck your little tail and run every time. As far as knowledge... I guarantee you I have played and been around more football than you have watched on tv. Does it make me more knowledgeable, maybe, maybe not. But when I talk about something I at least provide some type of evidence to back up a claim I so strongly support where you just run your flapper with nothing but refutable evedince against your claims available to what your claiming.

Just find me a QB that will be able to quickly read NFL defenses, quickly make decisive decisions and get the ball there with some level of accuracy.

Is that too much to ask for. I don't want some guy who talks a great game, is a nice guy, looks good and fires up his football team.

I want a leader that can do what I stated above. I just wish JC could read NFL defenses quickly. If he could, all the haters would say what a great leader by example he is and praise his worth ethic and ability to handle adversity.

Unfortunately, he can't and get's hated upon. At least I will be able to return the favor when Tebow shows he can't read NFL defenses quickly as well.

Tell me this, what player/players were on the 09 team that were not on the 08 team that made this BIG difference you claim? DO you have any clue what ranking Alabamas D was in 08 and 09? I suppose you dont else you would not sound so clueless again. I guess Saban didnt gameplan in 08 right? Ok buddy
Well, on offense alone Greg McElroy took over for the very average John Parker Wilson, Trent Richardson and the Heisman winner Mark Ingram emerged at RB, and Julio Jones and Marquis Maze both grew a lot as receivers between their freshmen and sophomore years. So pretty much all of Alabama's skill positions were upgraded.

On defense it was mostly the same players, but it was another year for Terrence Cody after just transferring to Bama from community college the year before, which was important for his conditioning, and the same goes for the rest of the defense.

2008 was only Nick Saban's 2nd year in the program. You really don't think there would be a jump between year 2 and year 3 in a football program?

How else would you explain the SEC title game? Let's hear your reasoning behind why Alabama and Saban rolled over UF and effectively shut Tebow down.

But when I talk about something I at least provide some type of evidence to back up a claim I so strongly support where you just run your flapper with nothing but refutable evedince against your claims available to what your claiming.
The only facts you've used in any of these discussions is when you presented Tebow's stats from the last three games he's played against FSU.

If Tebow could just find a way to somehow keep running Urban Meyer's offense against Mickey Andrews' FSU defense from 2007 to 2009, in the NFL, then he'd be an All Pro and on his way to Canton.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to happen once he's drafted.

Its funny how easily people are swept up in the hype machine. Look at Colt McCoy. He's just as good a leader as Tebow. He's just as motivated to get better. He won more games than Tebow. Had a higher completion percentage. Threw for more TD's, Has a really quick release no problems with his motion and comes with none of the controversy of a Tim Tebow. Yet he's almost flying under the radar because the media has made Tebow their latest golden boy because he cried on tv and people ate it up.

Just find me a QB that will be able to quickly read NFL defenses, quickly make decisive decisions and get the ball there with some level of accuracy.

Is that too much to ask for. I don't want some guy who talks a great game, is a nice guy, looks good and fires up his football team.

I want a leader that can do what I stated above. I just wish JC could read NFL defenses quickly. If he could, all the haters would say what a great leader by example he is and praise his worth ethic and ability to handle adversity.

Unfortunately, he can't and get's hated upon. At least I will be able to return the favor when Tebow shows he can't read NFL defenses quickly as well.

You got a point Bro!

Its funny how easily people are swept up in the hype machine. Look at Colt McCoy. He's just as good a leader as Tebow. He's just as motivated to get better. He won more games than Tebow. Had a higher completion percentage. Threw for more TD's, Has a really quick release no problems with his motion and comes with none of the controversy of a Tim Tebow. Yet he's almost flying under the radar because the media has made Tebow their latest golden boy because he cried on tv and people ate it up.
And while I personally don't care one way or the other about the religious stuff, McCoy is just as much a devout Christian as Tebow, he just doesn't put Bible verses on his eye black.

Take away Tebow's media attention, and evaluate him based solely on his NFL QB prospects, and he's a 3rd or 4th round pick, at best. But factor in the drawing power he has, and confuse his ability to run Urban Meyer's system with running an NFL Pro Offense, and he shoots up to the 2nd round. It really is crazy.

He's not built like a typical NFL QB, he has an extremely awkward throwing motion, poor footwork, and he ran a spread option offense in college. But because the media hypes up how hard he works, people talk about him as if he's unstoppable and a good bet as a successful NFL QB.

When all signs point to him being a 2 year project at the minimum. It's insane.

Found him! He's on the roster! COLT BRENNAN!

Bradford not Tebow:

Redskins have scheduled a private workout with Sam Bradford next month in Norman, according to Ben Dogra, one of Bradford's agents

‎RickMaese ‎ - twitter.com -

2 minutes ago

Roh Roh. Although this is to be expected given we have a #4 pick

Well, on offense alone Greg McElroy took over for the very average John Parker Wilson, Trent Richardson and the Heisman winner Mark Ingram emerged at RB, and Julio Jones and Marquis Maze both grew a lot as receivers between their freshmen and sophomore years. So pretty much all of Alabama's skill positions were upgraded.

On defense it was mostly the same players, but it was another year for Terrence Cody after just transferring to Bama from community college the year before, which was important for his conditioning, and the same goes for the rest of the defense.

2008 was only Nick Saban's 2nd year in the program. You really don't think there would be a jump between year 2 and year 3 in a football program?

How else would you explain the SEC title game? Let's hear your reasoning behind why Alabama and Saban rolled over UF and effectively shut Tebow down.

LOL, you first say that Saban got equal players to play AGAINST Tebow in 09 and you list all Offensive players and all were still a part of the 08 team and starters. But you claim he finally had equal talent?? Now thats funny, did you realize Tim was a QB and played against Defensive players anyhow. You again made this CLAIM then get called out on it to name the players that the difference and you have none/zero/zilch. NO, no such huge jump you claim of and NIck has been a coach for a long long time and they have spring ball in college almost like a season in itself . Alabama was the clear #1 team from week 1 when they clobbered VT all day long. They were the better team and the National Championship Trophy is proof along with the perfect record. They had the #1 defense in the country fyi. And a top 3 in 08, big jump? Not quite huh? My point being once again, claims and claims without a bit of evidence to back it up. But once again plenty of evidence to show just the opposite.

They had the #1 defense in the country fyi. And a top 3 in 08, big jump? Not quite huh? My point being once again, claims and claims without a bit of evidence to back it up. But once again plenty of evidence to show just the opposite.
According to Football Outsiders, Bama's defense went from 12th in 2008 to 1st in 2009.

I'll take their rankings on it over the official NCAA's, since Football Outsiders factors in level of opponent and garbage time plays, and the NCAA's records are just simple base statistics.

I don't even really know what the point of this is. You can keep wildly defending any criticism against Tebow all you want, it doesn't change the fact that he's a 2nd to maybe even 3rd round pick for a reason, not a top 10 selection.

I am intrigued by Tim Tebow. I have no idea why, maybe its the hype, but if he's available when the 'Skins' 4th pick rolls around, I'd like to see us pick him--assuming they have picked 2 OL already. Logically, they should probably get an RB in the 4th round, but...

From what I've read around the internet, both message board and analyst opinions favor Tebow going to the Patriots with one of their 3 second round picks.

Archived