Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Tebow will have workout with Skins

Rypien1191

I see no harm in us taking a look at him, I mean we definitely should do our homework on all QB prospects. But yeah...I have to fall into the "do not draft him" category of fans here. The guy was an incredible College Football Player. It's hard to tell sometimes but College football is just a completely different game than NFL.

The dude has rarely been under center and that's a big red flag already. And while he's got decent speed for his size, he's hardly a physical freak with incredible athletic upside. I appreciate his heart, and his passion, but he isn't the right guy to bank our entire franchise on. He'd be a good late round project for an already successful team.

I just don't buy that this is a smoke screen, diversionary tactic. I see this as due diligence by the scouting department, GM, and coaching staff. Why wouldn't they take time to evaluate some of the top players and make up their own minds about their skills vs reading ESPN and forming opinions like Vinny and Danny did?

winning football games is half the battle...the other is for the owners to make money...this kid seems to be marketable...likeable...media friendly...which is something he is demonstrating now which all owners love ...if scouts buy into what they see (the new tebow) he will more than likely get drafted in the first round.

Dont you mean the Senior Bowl? He didnt throw at the Combine. I think the 2nd round is too high, but I would use a 3rd on him. Too bad we dont have one. I kinda dont care though. We have the Dragon. It will be Unleashed in a Preseason game near you.:laugh:

and all of us fans can marvel at what it looks like to have a completion of more than 10 yards!

Please tell me you are joking about Manning having mechanics issues coming into the draft?

"Manning is probably the most prepared QB to enter the NFL draft in several years.. He has had a storybook college career, and has been in a top level program with excellent coaching, and he has maturity and great intangibles to go along with his natural skills.. He should be able to pick up the mental aspects of the game early on the NFL level, and should play very quickly. He has great overall field vision. He is a fierce competitor, and all of his mechanics are very solid. He has good arm strength, but not necessarily a “gun” that you might expect from a QB at the top of the draft.. He has adequate mobility and good overall AA, although he is not a scrambler by nature. He has done an excellent job of getting the most out of his abilities, but he is not quite as natural a player as Leaf. One question that some NFL scouts have is the question “will he get any better?”. At times he gives the appearance of being a self-made player, and sometimes those types of players don’t always go on to great NFL careers. In Manning’s case, he may be a solid and productive NFL QB, but he may not have Hall of Fame type skills, but it certainly won’t be for lack of effort.. He has probably been the most scouted player in the draft in recent years, and because that NFL teams tend to look too much at potential flaws, instead of accepting him for what he is, a great college QB that is on his way to an outstanding NFL career."

Not joking at all. His delivery is highly modified from college. Look it up.

due diligence

we also looked at Jamarcus Russell once upon a time

Agreed. Our FO is simply getting as prepared as they can for the draft and they'd be silly to not at least look into Tebow considering all the hype (good and bad) that surrounds him.

Tebow might not be the prototypical qb, but he is a proven winner and leader. Something the redskins are lacking. I would use a 2nd round pick on him. This young man will get it and be successfull, either as a qb or in another position. But his attitude and locker presence cannot be measured.

Besides, I am a gator fan who enjoyed watching him for the past 4 years, rather him be a skin that an eagle or steeler.

That Phillip Rivers guy had a lot of questions regarding his mechanics and unorthodox throwing motion. What's he up to now?

Nothing compared to Tim Tebow. Rivers was FAR more highly regarded as an NFL QB prospect than Tebow is. He did go top 5 in the draft after all. It's not even close. Tebow has way more to work on than just his mechanics.

Tebow might not be the prototypical qb, but he is a proven winner and leader. Something the redskins are lacking. I would use a 2nd round pick on him. This young man will get it and be successfull, either as a qb or in another position. But his attitude and locker presence cannot be measured.

Besides, I am a gator fan who enjoyed watching him for the past 4 years, rather him be a skin that an eagle or steeler.

Other than Percy Harvin, Florida Gator players seem to not translate well at all at the NFL level. Considering how successful that program is and how many players get drafted out of there, one would assume there would be a large contingent of great Gator NFL'ers. But Gators have proven time and time again that they are built to be successful in college rather than developing pro players. No one embodies that more than Tim Tebow.

I like Tebow's leadership skills and work ethic. However, he is working on getting his mechanics to a level where guys like Clausen and Bradford are already at. If he does correct his mechanics (thats a big "if"), then I think he would still need a season of holding on to the clipboard and practicing under center to be ready.

Just seems like quite an investment to draft a guy in the second round (if he goes that high) to eventually be your starting QB, but you have to totally change everything about him. lol His pregame speech skills are about the only thing that's working for him. I'd only draft him if I were I were a good team and I wouldn't need that level of draft pick to play. If I have needs all up and down the roster, I can't have a pick just sit there for 2-3 seasons and not see the field.

I don't care what his mechanics are, because either way, it's highly dubious he can read an NFL defense and make plays in the passing game.
Well we know the current SKin QB can't. Obviously Tebow is not going 4th, so perhaps the Skins are looking to deal. Tebow is worth a risk in the late first. He truly reminds of Steve Young, when he came out everyone said the same things.

Just seems like quite an investment to draft a guy in the second round (if he goes that high) to eventually be your starting QB, but you have to totally change everything about him. lol His pregame speech skills are about the only thing that's working for him. I'd only draft him if I were I were a good team and I wouldn't need that level of draft pick to play. If I have needs all up and down the roster, I can't have a pick just sit there for 2-3 seasons and not see the field.

Could not have said it any better. There are many things to like about Tebow, but we do not have a team good enough to surround him with and I don't think we will for atleast two seasons.

AWESOME!!!!

I keep lobbying for him and am consistently getting shot down lol (this is probably the wrong place for Tebowism)

I've said it a million times, but this guy has enough determination to do whatever any coach might ask him to do. Hopefully Shanahan sees what he likes.

In a perfect world, Okung in round 1 and Tebow in 2.

And Blount in 4 of course :)

That Phillip Rivers guy had a lot of questions regarding his mechanics and unorthodox throwing motion. What's he up to now?
That's so annoying when people say "well Phillip Rivers had problems with his motion."

"Vince Young had mechanical issues coming out."

No they didn't. Both guys had 3/4 motions and very quick releases to help compensate. That's like comparing Colt Brennan's struggles to Tim Tebow's. It's complete apples to oranges and shows just a lack of understanding on what QBs look like.

That's so annoying when people say "well Phillip Rivers had problems with his motion."

"Vince Young had mechanical issues coming out."

No they didn't. Both guys had 3/4 motions and very quick releases to help compensate. That's like comparing Colt Brennan's struggles to Tim Tebow's. It's complete apples to oranges and shows just a lack of understanding on what QBs look like.

How about Byron Leftwich?

He has always had a bit of a wind up.

I know were all guessing at this point of how good Tebow can be in the NFL. But do you guys believe these so called NFL journalist, just remember what they said about JaMarkus Russell, John Booty, Matt Leinart I could go on and on. They always say how spread QBs fail at this level, well I can show how QBs that play under center fail more then Spread QBs. Flacco is doing good and he came from the spread. Just remember these journalist just have a opinion that's all they are wrong just as much as the right. So just remember these guys have a agenda just like us on here.

Almost every NFL team watched Tebow yesterday, Why do you think that is. Now he is coming here for a private workout, This Kid as something and Shan wants to see it for himself, So lets not write him off so fast. From what I've seen I looks better then Sanchez Booty Russell Leinart Dixon Flacco. Hell he already looks better then JC. Now that's just my opinion lets see what happens from here, Should be entertaining for all of us here.

How about Byron Leftwich?

He has always had a bit of a wind up.

Leftwich is a bit more applicable to Tebow's issues, but especially more so than Rivers or Young.

Tebow's motion is really unlike any QB prospect in recent years. His old motion is so elongated, like this loopy thing that drops all the way below his waist, before coming back up and around to push the ball down field. He had a deep throw in the SEC title game this past year where his actual throwing motion, not the windup itself, started down by his thigh. When he's doing quick throws it's obviously not as bad, but on deep passes it really stands out.

And his new motion is just slightly more compact but he's got this weird hitch at the end of it where there's a noticeable pause and it still looks like he's just pushing the ball out, and I think that's where his accuracy issues come from. And reports said that as he got tired during his workout, he just dropped back into his old motion anyway.

Archived