Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Tebow will have workout with Skins

Rypien1191

I like the due diligence. I don't know if this is all about smokescreens but I like the fact that they haven't made up their mind and are looking at all options. I like Clausen, but this is probably good news for the Clausen haterz out there as it shows that the decision between OT and QB at #4 has not been made,

Dude.

Why don't people reserve judgement.

You can't write the kid off before he's even worked out for the team.

There is no sense in being negative about a kid we may or may not draft.

If he's drafted he's a Redskin and you support him.

HTTR!

I'm with you on this Darrel. People just repeat what the media says, bunch of parrots. Give the Kid a chance, I'm glad Shan is running this team.

I really liked the first Gator QB carousel that came through town, really. Unless it's Bradford or Clausen then OL, OL, OL please. In case some haven't noticed we can't afford to take a flier with a second round pick, or a third, hell even a fourth is now considered solid starter range. If Tebow is there in the seventh then.... Hell I'd still prefer OL.

Hard not to love Tebow's fire, competitiveness, and leadership. Something we've been lackin at the qb spot. If we did go qb after the 1st round I would prefer it to be him over colt mccoy or dan lefevour. I think theres a lot to be said of tebows intangibles. If shanny likes him and wants him, great. If he doesn't, great.

It doesn't surprise me. I think Tebow is a cross between Elway (Size wise and fire wise) and Steve Young (lefty). Two people Shanahan has worked with.

I still think we are going LT and Quarterback. The question is what first.

It doesn't surprise me. I think Tebow is a cross between Elway (Size wise and fire wise) and Steve Young (lefty). Two people Shanahan has worked with.

Your comparison makes me very excited.

OKUNG AND TEBOW! LETS START THE CAMPAIGN!

I think his upside is greater than any of the other Rd 2 QBs. McCoy, Lefevour, Pike all have physical limitations that limit their upside. Tebow's problem is not arm strength or size, but mechanics. Let him sit and learn for at least one full season and upside could easily be greater than any of the other prospects outside of the top 2.....

I would take LeFevour over him in a heartbeat. The guy looked about 10x better than Tebow in the Senior Bowl. For a guy who played mostly out of the gun, he seemed to have no problems with the snaps from under center during the game or, from what I read, during practices. I've also read about him not having much of an arm, but he hit a couple of very nice deep passes in the Senior Bowl. One of them was a picture perfect strike into the end zone for a TD.

Any of those guys (McCoy, LeFevour, Pike, Tebow) are all going to have an adjustment period since they all played mostly out of the spread shotgun (as did Bradford, but that is another discussion). But out of all of them, I would definitely take LeFevour.

I'd be happy with Tebow in the 4th, possibly the 3rd (if we had one). But too much of a flier for 1st or 2nd.

I agree. But Shanahan is the guy who took a flyer on Clarett with a 3rd (which was/is way early for a troubled, immature guy who hadn't played football in more than a year) so I don't doubt that he wouldn't have a problem with taking Tebow with a 2nd.

I don't know. I want Clausen. Or Bradford. But In Shanahan I Trust so I won't really be too upset with whatever he does. Now if we pass on Clausen and/or Bradford and take Tebow in the 2nd, and Clausen/Bradford turns into a HOF QB and Tebow turns into an H-Back, I will curse Shanahan until the day I die.

I remember coaches like Gruden and Dungy saying how they rank him higher than any other QB. There's just something to be said about Tebow. He has "it," whatever "it" is. If we went Okung then Tebow, I'd be happy.

Lets be real here. Dungy lucked into one of the greatest QB's all time when he went to Indy and Gruden has been drafting three QB's a year since the times of Moses and never hit on a single one. So I'm not sure how much their scouting/opinions of college QB's is really worth.

I would take LeFevour over him in a heartbeat. The guy looked about 10x better than Tebow in the Senior Bowl. For a guy who played mostly out of the gun, he seemed to have no problems with the snaps from under center during the game or, from what I read, during practices. I've also read about him not having much of an arm, but he hit a couple of very nice deep passes in the Senior Bowl. One of them was a picture perfect strike into the end zone for a TD.

Any of those guys (McCoy, LeFevour, Pike, Tebow) are all going to have an adjustment period since they all played mostly out of the spread shotgun (as did Bradford, but that is another discussion). But out of all of them, I would definitely take LeFevour.

I would too. Rumor has it the Browns like LeFevour as well.

The difference is both Elway and Young were excellent passers something Tebow is not. Thats kind of important for an NFL QB unless we intend to install the single wing.

As a 4th round pick based on athletic ability and as a project who you could work with for a couple of years - fine. It would be a waste of a high second round pick IMO though. I'm hoping there will be a tackle there with a 1st round grade even if we do take Okung at #4.

If we go QB in the 2nd Colt McCoy would be my pick as a guy who would need to sit for a year or two to work on his mechanics and get experience under centre before being ready to start.

I just want Draft Day to get here all ready so we can get to work bebuilding this team. Have they broken down the dates for the season shedule yet? I want to see who the Redskins will play in the first 5 to 6 games this year. I also hope that this time, we open the season at Fed-EX, and close at Fed-Ex. Our fans deserve some respect!!!!!

Lol, queue the whining/moaning/fill-in-the-blank. I'm definitely thinking Shanny is considering him with the 2nd round pick...rumor was a while back that Shanny wanted to get a project to work on at QB.

For all those complaining about his new throwing motion being mechanical/slow....he did just change it, so he's still thinking it through in most cases I'm sure. It isn't second nature to him yet. Let the man get comfortable with his new throwing motion before you try and bash it. I mean he only began to change it a month or two ago....

you're right. once/if this is done...we'll have a better idea howlong it will take to fix JC's passing motion.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody's going to be cut now.

:D

I know, right? This isn't a big deal. Where did the trust in Shanahan and Allen go?

This is a bunch of crying over the possibility of spilled milk due to a throwing motion that may or may not increase the likelihood of a dairy disaster.

We would be idiots to pick him up at 37. That would be a two round reach and millions more he's worth at this point. You don't draft a project like that in the 2nd. You'd expect your second round pick to be ready to go, at least ability-wise. That dude is a meathead and just because he wants to be a QB in the NFL really really bad doesn't mean he's got the ability. I'm 99 percent sure based on Kyle's comments on Tebow that this is merely due diligence.

Archived