Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RI: Tebow will have workout with Skins

Rypien1191

From what I've read around the internet, both message board and analyst opinions favor Tebow going to the Patriots with one of their 3 second round picks.
I think that's the most ideal set up for Tebow.

Belichick and Meyer are very good friends. Meyer has spent time at Patriots camps and practices, and Belichick has visited UF football events as well. They share a lot of ideas and information between the college and pro game. So Belichick would already have the inside information on Tebow straight from his head coach.

Tebow has to go somewhere where he can sit for a couple of years and get active work on the 53 man roster. If he's a 3rd string QB somewhere, which he would be on just about every NFL team to start off, he wouldn't get the attention he needs from coaches. He'd be running the scout team off to the side.

If he goes somewhere like New England, they have a QB in Tom Brady who isn't going anywhere for awhile still, they have a pro style backup in Hoyer who they seem to like a lot, and Tebow could still figure in on some snaps on some creative trick plays. So he'd still be getting work as opposed to being stuck on the inactive part of the roster.

On top of that, New England has three 2nd round picks, so they can afford to reach on Tebow while addressing a couple of their other needs.

I really think Tebow's best shot is going to New England. If he goes somewhere like the Browns I think he's cooked.

I am intrigued by Tim Tebow. I have no idea why, maybe its the hype, but if he's available when the 'Skins' 4th pick rolls around, I'd like to see us pick him--assuming they have picked 2 OL already. Logically, they should probably get an RB in the 4th round, but...

I doubt they draft rb with Portis, LJ, and Alridge on the roster. I like Tebows leadership and toughness but his career in the nfl is highly dubious. I'd rather pick someone that has the skills from jumpstreet to be an nfl quarterback. Tebow is definitely a project.

So if hes there in the 4th round, its worth a dice roll. But definitely not before since we dont have a 3rd rounder.

I think that Tebow provides leverage to the Redskins. The Skins have the threat of having worked out Tebow and Shanny having seen him in person at Florida last year. That tells teams we have options at #4 so you might jump ahead of us to grab a QB we might not want. I think it also provides leverage in any negotiations to move up to #1, which is what I think we'll do. Let's get Bradford.:fingersx:

Dude.

Why don't people reserve judgement....HTTR!

Snap judgments, irrational bias and going off half-****ed are what the Interwebz are all about. no?

EDIT: For example, I refer you to post #33 just after yours on page 3, fella by the name of PCS - now that's getting carried away with style... <q>

I think that Tebow provides leverage to the Redskins. The Skins have the threat of having worked out Tebow and Shanny having seen him in person at Florida last year. That tells teams we have options at #4 so you might jump ahead of us to grab a QB we might not want. I think it also provides leverage in any negotiations to move up to #1, which is what I think we'll do. Let's get Bradford.:fingersx:

Trading up to the #1 spot would likely require our #4 overall this year, and at least our first round pick next year, if not more. That or our #4 overall this year and at least a few starters from our team with another late round pick thrown in. With all of the holes we have here I think that would be incredibly unlikely and unwise.

I say draft Tebow. Screw it. I like the guy's motivation and passion for the game. He looks like hell when he chunks it, runs fearless, would probably be a better running back than any of the old bastids we got as RB on the team anyways, so who cares. Fail as a QB?..RB, BABY! .no prob, the rest will suck too so who cares, really.......who's on our team as QB anyways.....Grossman!? Come the F*** on with this horse****!, Shanny. JC bores me....sorry, just boring as hell. He doesnt do anything that gets me all pumped up to root for him. Clausen looks like a fag. My opinion. Bradford I know nothing about or care about really,, who else?....hmm on second thought, screw it all. Lets draft nobody, how's that. Nobody. We thought of drafting somebody, but we went with nobody.

I think his upside is greater than any of the other Rd 2 QBs. McCoy, Lefevour, Pike all have physical limitations that limit their upside. Tebow's problem is not arm strength or size, but mechanics. Let him sit and learn for at least one full season and upside could easily be greater than any of the other prospects outside of the top 2.....

Just watch how the "pro coaching" goes horribly wrong for this kid because people can't leave s*** alone, and waste another persons talent because THEY think HE should do whatever THEIR way. Id let him sling that s**t around however he wants to.

Archived