Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you Write in Cursive or in Print?

buenosdiaz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I write in both.

When printing, I tend to write in all caps, with the first letter the correct size and the rest smaller. I mostly write in cursive though, and regularly get compliments on how nice my writing is.

mostly print- got used to that from the police reports and it was easier to read my writing if I wrote in block letters. I'll write in a mixture of both sometimes, but usually I stick with print style writing. and I also write my A's like : a.

A little of both actually. If I am leaving a note for someone else, I will print it, If I am making notes in a hurry, like in a meeting or reviewing a spec, then it's cursive.

A few years ago my brother was working as a manager of a Pita shop near a local university. I went to go see him one day, he wasnt in so I left him a note, that I wrote in cursive in front of the girl at the counter. She looked shocked, like I had just ripped the arm off an infant and was writing my message in the blood dripping from the end of the arm. I asked her what the problem was and she said "you are writing in cursive, that is so OLD!" For the record, I was 29 at the time, she was 18.

Imo, cursive is just an excuse for people to be lazy and sloppy when they write. Why allow for potential confusion and mistakes (doctors) - just print and get it over with.

What??? My cursive is better than my print....and if people can't read it, they're idiots.

Its weird to see an adult write it, especially in the work place where is it is typically frowned upon.

Huh????? Frowned upon??? And it's weird?? All notes and letters I get from my Grandma and my mom are in cursive. When I write hall passes for my students, I don't even think twice before I write them in cursive. It's faster, and for me, neater.

You all are just making excuses.

What??? My cursive is better than my print....and if people can't read it, they're idiots.

Huh????? Frowned upon??? And it's weird?? All notes and letters I get from my Grandma and my mom are in cursive. When I write hall passes for my students, I don't even think twice before I write them in cursive. It's faster, and for me, neater.

You all are just making excuses.

I actually think it is somewhat of a gender thing. Many girls I know have fancy, cursive script, while most guys tend to have straight-forward print. Now, of course that is not true all of the time, but this is a generality that I tend to see. Also, what may seem like nice, legible handwriting could be a painful mess to someone else; we're all used to our own handwriting.

Not an excuse -- it's just how it is. :-)

The results of this poll really surprised me. A lot.

I write in cursive and always have, except for the first few years of primary school. I thought most everyone did, but I was just projecting.

Interesting poll. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Archived