Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you Write in Cursive or in Print?

buenosdiaz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

We were all taught it was super important in elementary school right?

Give us some demographic info so we can try to figure out if writing in cursive is dying off with the new generation (I personally don't think it is, even though I write in print)

If you have kids, are they stressing the importance of cursive in grade school still?

Do you even handwrite anymore? haha

When I took the PRAXIS for my teaching license, the test requires that the taker copy a full page of text in cursive, then sign it (it's an honor code kind of thing). It has to be in cursive. I couldn't even remember how to do certain letters. I had to fake it.

I've heard stories from other teachers of having to wait like 20 minutes to start the test because somebody in the group was struggling so much with the cursive writing.

I start out in one, but letters of the other always sneak their way into the mix. It doesnt matter if Im writing cursive or print, either way ill spice it up a little with some of the other. Not intentional, just lazy. Z's I always hit cursive for some reason, same with S's... however I write A's kinda wierd. I do write all my lower case A's like this: a. I print that. ::whoknows::

Print, I write estimates and contracts every day and my printing is very good. A good way to learn to print well is with a stensil. I took several drafting classes, at Nova in the '80's, and using a stensil to print on drawings trains you to print well, if you care to. :laugh:

I use both(including a mix),but cursive is my default writing style.

Thank God for computers

This. When I HAVE to handwrite, if it's for my own purposes, it's cursive (except some capital letters which I never got). If it's for others, I use print (though it's more like unconnected cursive letters).

I write in cursive since the 4th grade.

Generation of Twits and Generation Ipod are apt to take the slacker way out and print which is pathetic when you realize even West Virginians now write their names in cursive instead of using an X or squiggly branding symbols. :)

Archived