Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you Write in Cursive or in Print?

buenosdiaz

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I write in cursive since the 4th grade.

Generation of Twits and Generation Ipod are apt to take the slacker way out and print which is pathetic when you realize even West Virginians now write their names in cursive instead of using an X or squiggly branding symbols. :)

:finger: Which generation is which? Whichever one, I'm 25, and I use cursive. And at least I don't proclaim my military experience when I was probably no more then a REMF, so :finger:

:finger:

I use both, but say I write in cursive more than print. I write in print when working with my students, but write in cursive when writing notes for all other stuff including a grocery list or taking notes for my graduate classes for example.

chickenscratch printing.

Being a lefty sometimes sucks.

I hear ya'. I'm a lefty too and I hate it when I get pen marks all over the side of my hand when writing or printing. Also, not a fan of the spiral on the left side of a spiral notebook.

When I took the PRAXIS for my teaching license, the test requires that the taker copy a full page of text in cursive, then sign it (it's an honor code kind of thing). It has to be in cursive. I couldn't even remember how to do certain letters. I had to fake it.

I've heard stories from other teachers of having to wait like 20 minutes to start the test because somebody in the group was struggling so much with the cursive writing.

This is funny. The same happened when I took a test for teaching, I hadn't written in cursive in several several years and truly struggled with it.

I mix it up. even in the middle of a word I'll go from cursive to print or visa versa.

When I read my Grandfathers writing, he used cursive and it was beautiful and very easy to read.

When penmanship was a class. And he was educated in Czechoslovakia and had better english than anyone now.

I write in cursive. I write the agenda on my classroom board in cursive, and when I write notes, letters, ANYTHING, it's in cursive. My handwriting is pretty good, but I mostly use cursive because it's faster. And I'm all about speed and efficiency.

when i actually write, it's a mixture of both, though the "cursive" isn't the standard stuff you learn in school. a lot of the "cursive" i use is more like a personal shorthand of symbols that i and a few others can understand. if someone else has to understand my handwriting, it's all printing.

Imo, cursive is just an excuse for people to be lazy and sloppy when they write. Why allow for potential confusion and mistakes (doctors) - just print and get it over with.

I haven't used cursive outside of my signature since 3rd grade. That's what, 15 years ago?

I was told that they dont even teach cursive handwriting past third grade anymore.

I write on a card in cursive, but everything else is print. No reason to use it at all. I know how to do it, and I have always been told that I have good writing, but why bother. And no it isn't really that much faster.

Not only do I write in print, I write in all capital letters when I do so. My capital letters are much clearer to read than my lower case letters, for some reason.

The only time I write in cursive is when I write checks or sign forms. For some reason, if I'm signing a check, I feel the need to fill out the check in cursive as well, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I will say this...when written properly, cursive is very easy to read and looks much nicer than print writing. I just can't do it.

Archived