Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Had insomnia tonight, and was earlier today thinking about the 2007 draft when we passed on Peterson. There's absolutely no point to this, but here are the first rounders that have been on the roster since the 2000 draft. Probably missed one or two.

2-Lavar Arrington, 3-Chris Samuels, 19-Shaun Alexander (SEA), 31-Trung Candidate (STL)
7-Andre Carter (SF), 15-Rod Gardner, 16-Santana Moss (NYJ), 20-Adam Archuleta (STL)
15-Albert Haynesworth (TEN), 17-Phillip Buchanon (OAK), 18-TJ Duckett (ATL), 32-Patrick Ramsey
22-Rex Grossman (CHI), 27-Larry Johnson (KC)
5-Sean Taylor, 8-DeAngelo Hall (ATL)
1-Alex Smith (SF), 9-Carlos Rogers, 25-Jason Campbell
6-Vernon Davis (SF)
6-LaRon Landry, 7-Adrian Peterson (MIN), 13-Adam Carriker (STL), 24-Brandon Meriweather (NE)
zip

13-Brian Orakpo, 32-Ziggy Hood (PIT)
4-Trent Williams
16-Ryan Kerrigan, 21-Phil Taylor (CLE)
2-Robert Griffin III
zero
zilch
5-Brandon Scherff
22-Josh Doctson
17-Jonathan Allen 
13-Daron Payne 

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 2

Sports betting.

I am not a big gambler at all but I do think I will put some money on some NFL games this season. I imagine I will be running up to Delaware a few Sundays putting down a few hundred. Make it more exciting, change of venue, get away from wife and kid etc.

Will ES have a sports betting thread? Does it already have a sports betting thread?

Id like to follow along some more veteran bettors among us.

14 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I am positive we are going to beat the Cardinals week 1.

I was always positive (certain) about week 1 under Shanahan. That guy schemed for that game the minute the schedule was released. It seems almost at the expense of the rest of the season ?

But Gruden doesn’t share that same urgency for week 1.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

A lot of changes have occurred over the history for ES, but those Gameday threads still a train wreck of emotion and hostile negativity towards the team and/or Players, Coaches.  

Well, yeah ? what do you expect when the team is almost always bad :P 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Wait, we picked Landry overy Adrian Peterson?  I coulda gone through life having either not known it clearly forgotten that ☹️

In fairness we still had prime Clinton Portis then, even though he was coming off an injury in 2006, had put up 1500 yards in 2005 and went on to have a couple more great years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Norman is declining. He was never that athletic anyway, but now he's on the downside and doesn't quite have the talent around him he had in his prime in Carolina. He's not bad but in reality he was our 3rd best CB last year and the two that were better are now gone.

6 hours ago, SWFLSkins said:

A lot of changes have occurred over the history for ES, but those Gameday threads still a train wreck of emotion and hostile negativity towards the team and/or Players, Coaches.  

I'd say gameday threads are clearest example of best and worst of us in regards to us as fans, still favorite part of ES.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

In fairness we still had prime Clinton Portis then, even though he was coming off an injury in 2006, had put up 1500 yards in 2005 and went on to have a couple more great years.

I remember watching that draft and thinking that Peterson was awfully tempting but we had Portis.  I was stoked that it was going to be Landry/Taylor and area 51 for the next 10 years or so and we'd have an amazing defense...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I remember watching that draft and thinking that Peterson was awfully tempting but we had Portis.  I was stoked that it was going to be Landry/Taylor and area 51 for the next 10 years or so and we'd have an amazing defense...

That I do remember.  People talk about our franchise can't get right, that was a reasonably damn good idea that just didn't work out for us.  I don't think the Landry thing would've played out the way it did it Sean hadn't died, not at all.

16 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, yeah ? what do you expect when the team is almost always bad :P 

That really isn't true.

Even when the Redskins were doing well or were having a great game that week, the threads are still overtly hostile and negative.

Regular season game day threads, to me, are just the gutters where the foulest sewer trash material on this board flows through.

They can be quite unenjoyable. Even if the Redskins are winning big.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

That really isn't true.

Even when the Redskins were doing well or were having a great game that week, the threads are still overtly hostile and negative.

Regular season game day threads, to me, are just the gutters where the foulest sewer trash material on this board flows through.

There is some of that, but there are a few posters I really enjoy following in the game day threads.

though you might be referring to me sewer trash material, as I am a regular poster in the game day threads.  If so, you might be on to something...  :P

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That I do remember.  People talk about our franchise can't get right, that was a reasonably damn good idea that just didn't work out for us.  I don't think the Landry thing would've played out the way it did it Sean hadn't died, not at all.

Yeah, I just don't think Landry really had it.  Too bad, but you are right it was a good idea.

3 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

That really isn't true.

I said ALMOST always bad, which is true :) we don’t win that often, but most of the time when we are winning, I’ve seen (in my experience) plenty of positivity in the gameday threads. For example, the long winning streak in 2012, i dont think I saw negative posts at all. And we were winnning big in almost all of those. 

However, lately In games that we do win, our defense gives up a big play to either let the other team back into it, or to let the other team get a go ahead TD(making our offense have to catch up and win the game). So, yes, in those situations, what do you expect from a place called EXTREMEskins? :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, I just don't think Landry really had it.  Too bad, but you are right it was a good idea.

Maybe, but asking him to replace Sean instead of stay at SS lead to his welcome being worn out here because he couldn't do it. The few times we put him at his natural potion after, the difference was obvious, my first realization that you don't put your best safety at FS, you get a FS. A lot of players looked up to Sean, even today, believe he would've helped Landry mature way he did given they were playing together, or at least held off us getting rid of him a little longer.  When I think of Landry, I think of someone who lost his way.