Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Wow that's pretty cool of Shaq..hmmm why?

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Exactly 1 week from today, the redskins will be arriving to Richmond!! These past 4-5 weeks have been miserable without tweets about practices and also press conference videos. Mid-June to late July is the part of the offseason i hate the most, by far. 

Bring on training camp already!!! 

Ok stop...it'll be week 12 before ya know it and we'll be dreaming about the draft already..

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Its reaching that point in the offseason where I'm entering into that optimistic "we can win 10 or 11 games if X Y and Z happen" phase.

I get sucked into this EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR. 

A few months ago I was all: With our top 2 offensive play-makers coming off injury and a bottom-5 WR corps, we are going to struggle to stay on the field and that will put way too much pressure on a slightly improved defense. If things go right, we can match last year or get to 8-8. 

Suddenly I'm: Smith throwing to a revitalized Thompson and Reed with a bunch of VERY talented WRs will keep our passing game around where it was. Combine that with Guice and a healthy OL plus a D that should be top-10 with its upgrades and health....phew 11 wins for the first time in a quarter-century!!!! 

I need help.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I just found out the all Star game was played in the same area the Redskins are..that explains the diesel.. wearing...heeeeyyyyyyy the diesel and diesel show!!!

Tatertots putting it together now,,,,hahhaaaa

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

A few months ago I was all: With our top 2 offensive play-makers coming off injury and a bottom-5 WR corps, we are going to struggle to stay on the field and that will put way too much pressure on a slightly improved defense. If things go right, we can match last year or get to 8-8. 

Suddenly I'm: Smith throwing to a revitalized Thompson and Reed with a bunch of VERY talented WRs will keep our passing game around where it was. Combine that with Guice and a healthy OL plus a D that should be top-10 with its upgrades and health....phew 11 wins for the first time in a quarter-century!!!! 

I need help.  

No ya don't need help..ur right where you need to be..A DIE HARD, LOYAL, CONFIDENT REDSKINS FAN..we will hit 11 wins, I guarantee it!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Any takes on how Adonis figures into the DB rotation if at all. How does this affect Moreau getting on the field? I think Moreau pushes for the #2 slot. I know I don't want to have the pick up from dallass figure in as a mason cog on D. Here's already peaked on the back side of his career.

This is my mind set going into training camp...we suck..we're..well Washington..I expect to only win 3 games(I know this seems confusing with my post above guaranteeing 11 wins) Alex Smith doesn't mesh half the o line banged up bye week 4 the defense plays horrendous and guice is a bust..this way I am prepared..come in low go away even..buuuuuuuut a man can dream...?

Reed stays healthy all year, we see double the production from Thompson, Crowder has the year he was supposed to have last year and doctson explodes, we have a free agent wr that pans out and our defense is in the top 15 overall...I'm telling you the season will go one of three ways: 3 game win, another half n half season or we acctualy suprise some people and do win 11 games :)..I come in low..so when moments liiiiike: Harris diving one handed touchdown against Minnesota orrr Doctsons over the top catch in New Orleans orrrr his game saving diving catch in Seattle, Kerrigans pick 6, Thompson's amazing athleticism..have me riding out high..proud to be a skins fan and excited to DO IT AGAIN..

Here's comes traing camp folkes, now...I want y'all to remember those moments like I mentioned and to remember why you bleed burgundy and bla...gold..dust them hats off and what ever ya wave during training camp because it's that time!!!!WHOOO HOOOOO GOOOOO SKIIIIINS!!!!?...

On 7/19/2018 at 7:36 PM, #BgMase76# said:

Any takes on how Adonis figures into the DB rotation if at all. How does this affect Moreau getting on the field? I think Moreau pushes for the #2 slot. I know I don't want to have the pick up from dallass figure in as a mason cog on D. Here's already peaked on the back side of his career.

Charley Casserly was saying in a JP Finlay piece that He thinks Moreau is going to shock people in his second year jump and be the starter, Scandrick in the slot. 

Lost some lbs., playing at around 200 and looked extremely quick. 

That would be huge to get a big year from montae n....him than Norman (who I know alot of people wanna see traded....see Cooleyfan haha jk broseph)which does a great job punching that ball out .. the most I anticipate from training camp are reports from j tomsula on how the d line is shaping up..in Jimmy t we trust!!

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 3:46 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I need help.  

The way I see it, every year about half the teams that make the playoffs are teams that missed it the previous year. Take a look at last year's field:

Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Rams, Jaguars, Titans, Bills. All made playoffs after missing in 2016.

There's gotta be some new blood. Why not us? #elevenwins

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The way I see it, every year about half the teams that make the playoffs are teams that missed it the previous year. Take a look at last year's field:

Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Rams, Jaguars, Titans, Bills. All made playoffs after missing in 2016.

There's gotta be some new blood. Why not us? #elevenwins

Good point, somebody gotta fill those spots, If healthy no reason WE can't. 

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone else realize that this is the last Sunday without some sort of redskins football for the rest of 2018? 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We’re the redskins, we’ll still make the headlines on both those Sundays no matter what ? so, yes, my point is still valid :P 

Well there's no TC practice on Sundays, so ya think we make headlines on Sundays throughout TC ?

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well there's no TC practice on Sundays, so ya think we make headlines on Sundays throughout TC ?

You sure about that? Practice schedule says 7/29 @ 8:30, 8/5 @ 8:30, and 8/12 @ 12:30. Which are ? surprise surprise, all Sundays :) 

so, unless theres rain on those days, the team will be out there practicing. So, yes, i am pretty positive they’ll make headlines those days. 

The only days off are Monday the 30th, Friday the 3rd, Wednesday the 8th/Thursday the 9th (travel day/first preseason game), And Friday the 10th. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Watching NFL Network and they are doing a year in review special from the 2017 season. Can't believe what i just heard . Ryan Kerrigan's 70+  career Sacks put him in a elite class with only 2 other players in our team history to ever record 70+ sacks in a Redskins uniform. The other 2, Charles Mann & Dexter Manley. WOW....!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You sure about that? Practice schedule says 7/29 @ 8:30, 8/5 @ 8:30, and 8/12 @ 12:30. Which are ? surprise surprise, all Sundays :) 

so, unless theres rain on those days, the team will be out there practicing. So, yes, i am pretty positive they’ll make headlines those days. 

The only days off are Monday the 30th, Friday the 3rd, Wednesday the 8th/Thursday the 9th (travel day/first preseason game), And Friday the 10th. 

Okay maybe I was thinking of the remainder of August.

Or maybe I was wrong altogether.