Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

HUGE KUDOS AND LOVE @HapHaszard @thesubmittedone and @SWFLSkins (welcome back bro) for all of the work they do on this site, on their personal time, to keep our great (mostly) fanbase informed. I went to pay my dues to the site and couldn't find the link? PayPal Gift? :)

Thanks guys for all that you do, it is a thankless job but you deserve that at a minimum!!!

• Like 3

Really wanted to get looks at Doctson.  The man hasn't played competitive football in 2 years.  Away from competition, away from contact, away from reps.  Really need to get some reps tape of live games before we can really understand how close he is to tapping in to his potential.  

29 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

Really wanted to get looks at Doctson.  The man hasn't played competitive football in 2 years.  Away from competition, away from contact, away from reps.  Really need to get some reps tape of live games before we can really understand how close he is to tapping in to his potential.  

He played at least a few plays on offense against Dallas in week 2, didn't he? 

33 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He played at least a few plays on offense against Dallas in week 2, didn't he? 

He played in two games last year i think, most notably a 50+ yard catch.  I guess i should amend my original statement to say consistent competitive football.  But even then that sounds like he played way more than he actually did.  

He basically missed all of last year as far as I'm concerned when it comes to actual progress as a WR in the NFL.   

Hate waiting all offseason for football, and then immediately having a sour taste in my mouth. And even by our standards its been such an unsatisfying offseason:

First the McCloughan drama.

Then a good draft, yay. High point for me here.

Then the Doug Williams promotion, yuck.

Then the Cousins contract drama, with the outcome I was rooting against.

Then the fragile hope of training camp reports...the excitement really got me here.

Then tonight. 

Why do I do this to myself. 

• Like 2

I won the day! I won the day! Most liked posts yesterday, the first day of (meaningless) football!  

This is one of the greatest achievements of my life.  I know that I'll never be up there with the likes of @Califan007 (87) (Holy Crap!) or @TK (31) but with a little luck, I might catch  @ConnSKINS26(17) by the end of the season!  

The game is on! (And this game might actually be more interesting than anything in the preseason, so, why not!)

:P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Hate waiting all offseason for football, and then immediately having a sour taste in my mouth. And even by our standards its been such an unsatisfying offseason:

First the McCloughan drama.

Then a good draft, yay. High point for me here.

Then the Doug Williams promotion, yuck.

Then the Cousins contract drama, with the outcome I was rooting against.

Then the fragile hope of training camp reports...the excitement really got me here.

Then tonight. 

Why do I do this to myself. 

It's a burden that we all have to bear.  

That said, I really don't think that the performance was all that meaningful.  

That said, I have had questions about whether Captain Yuk Yuk really has the intestinal fortitude to be a good NFL Head Coach, and really get his team prepared to play.  

That said, he just got a contract extension, so we're stuck with him, for better or worse.  

My hope is that this group gets it together for 9-7.  My fear is that they go 4-12, are stuck with a lackluster HC, an awful President, no GM, and most likely no viable QB.  THAT might just do it for me.  

PS: McCoy can't play in the NFL.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I won the day! I won the day! Most liked posts yesterday, the first day of (meaningless) football!  

This is one of the greatest achievements of my life.  I know that I'll never be up there with the likes of @Califan007 (87) (Holy Crap!) or @TK (31) but with a little luck, I might catch  @ConnSKINS26(17) by the end of the season!  

The game is on! (And this game might actually be more interesting than anything in the preseason, so, why not!)

Here's your prize. 

3 minutes ago, TK said:

Here's your prize. 

I thought the prize was a free year of membership to ES?

8 minutes ago, RFK Lives said:

Gave you a like for "Captain Yuk Yuk"

I like likes. 

7 minutes ago, CTskin said:

EZ suspended 6 gamess... so we'll get him nice and fresh, excellent

But they'll probably be 3-3 or 2-4 when we play them. I'm going to go out on a limb here, even with last night's rather poor performance, when the 'Skins play Dallas, they will have a better record.  It might be 3-3 vs. 2-4, but it will be better.

On 8/10/2017 at 7:58 AM, RedBeast said:

HUGE KUDOS AND LOVE @HapHaszard @thesubmittedone and @SWFLSkins (welcome back bro) for all of the work they do on this site, on their personal time, to keep our great (mostly) fanbase informed. I went to pay my dues to the site and couldn't find the link? PayPal Gift? :)

Thanks guys for all that you do, it is a thankless job but you deserve that at a minimum!!!

I started a thread just for this exact comment but of course It got buried.

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Wait, what?....What do I have 87 of? lol...