Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, Diehard Otis said:

....is it Training Camp yet?  This waiting around for the 26th is agony!

No doubt!  I'm trying to plan a vacation so I can watch one of the preseason games with my mom in NOVA...with us at the ages we are, and having survived what she has, (****, what we both have)...well, ya never know.:dallas_sucks:

Hail!

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

No doubt!  I'm trying to plan a vacation so I can watch one of the preseason games with my mom in NOVA...with us at the ages we are, and having survived what she has, (****, what we both have)...well, ya never know.:dallas_sucks:

Hail!

Im trying to set a work schedule. 3 places trying to get me on Sundays. I just cant commite until October, when I know we're garbage. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Im trying to set a work schedule. 3 places trying to get me on Sundays. I just cant commite until October, when I know we're garbage. 

Optimism at its' finest, I tell ya! 

I can't remember the last Sunday I worked, been at least 5-6 years.  I always get the Mothers/Fathers day requests, to which I respond:  "You out of your ****in' mind?":ols:

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 2:00 PM, thebluefood said:

Not Redskins related but stumbled upon the "Missing Rings" special on the 1990s Buffalo Bills and I have to imagine the Bills' K-Gun was a lot of fun to watch. Kelly had all those weapons with Reed out on the wing and Thurmond Thomas at halfback. The latter just blasted out of the gates every time he got the ball.

Real shame they went 0-4 in the Super Bowl.

Fun Fact: Jim Kelley was temporarily employed by a USFL team owned by our current president. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Hail!

Funny, I'm going to the Preseason Packers game with a bunch of work buddies myself.  

Heck, enjoy the game!  (as always, right?)

39 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Optimism at its' finest, I tell ya! 

I can't remember the last Sunday I worked, been at least 5-6 years.  I always get the Mothers/Fathers day requests, to which I respond:  "You out of your ****in' mind?":ols:

I just need money. This rescue crap broke me. That is about as optimistic as I can muster.

5 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

Funny, I'm going to the Preseason Packers game with a bunch of work buddies myself.  

Heck, enjoy the game!  (as always, right?)

Going to that too! My dad and I always pick out 1 pre-season game to go to, since I'm at school during the regular season, and the only home game out of the 2 that the team has that I can make it to is vs packers Saturday the 19th. One of my friends from college (Patriots fan) is coming down from Boston to visit me that week so he's going along as well, and same with my friend from high school, since I've never brought him to a game yet. So it'll be me, my two friends, and my dad. 

Boy, my dad doesn't know what he's got himself into ?? he worked with the skins so he's been to more preseason games than he'd like. Each August when it comes time to buy our tickets to the game, he says "really? I'm getting dragged there again?? It's preseason, LITERALLY nobody gives a ****!!!". 

• Like 2

I feel like the Redskins are like a kinda crappy uncle that lives nearby and always comes to holiday dinners, promising to be on his best behavior and avoid the mistakes he made last year and everyone gives him the benefit of a doubt because all the older relatives remember how great he used to be and how much he used to bring the family together and he's "just a few good breaks away from turning things around and getting things back on track" but his nieces and nephews kinda side eye him because they've never known him to do anything but make awful choices with his money and play off of long worn out nostalgia of a time before any of them were born or can remember.

Anyone get that feeling?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

Quick, dumb question here.  Is Matt Jones still on the roster?

(and YES, it still bugs me that Alfred Morris was fired for a guy that didn't last an entire season as his replacement)

For now, at least :P 

it was understandable why Morris was cut and replaced by Jones though. At the time, Morris hadn't had a good season in like two years, and jones was supposed to be a very good RB. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

it was understandable why Morris was cut and replaced by Jones though. At the time, Morris hadn't had a good season in like two years, and jones was supposed to be a very good RB. 

And Mack Brown is better. 

4 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Going purely by memory here...

I believe that Alfred didn't have a "good season" his last year here because he was never allowed to get into a rhythm during ballgames.  I remember several times that during that season, The Skins would give him the ball between the Tackles, and he'd get like a 2 Yard Gain, then get pulled to the sidelines for 10 or 15 plays.  It was crazy!

But I am definitely not bitter about it.

-----------------------------------------

I almost forgot-

Thank you @Cooleyfan1993 for answering my question.

Edited by Diehard Otis
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 7:23 PM, thebluefood said:

I feel like the Redskins are like a kinda crappy uncle that lives nearby and always comes to holiday dinners, promising to be on his best behavior and avoid the mistakes he made last year and everyone gives him the benefit of a doubt because all the older relatives remember how great he used to be and how much he used to bring the family together and he's "just a few good breaks away from turning things around and getting things back on track" but his nieces and nephews kinda side eye him because they've never known him to do anything but make awful choices with his money and play off of long worn out nostalgia of a time before any of them were born or can remember.

Anyone get that feeling?

I guess thats why we always hang out.

Damn it.

• Like 1

I'm trying to remain somewhat objective and limit the number of Redskins players on my fantasy team this year.  Who do you think is the better value pick to get?  Pryor (usually going in the 3rd) or Crowder (usually going in the 5th)?  I think both will have good years but don't feel comfortable building a team with both on the roster.

Edited by Reaper Skins

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:23 PM, thebluefood said:

Anyone get that feeling?

This is one of the best analogies about the Redskins I've come across probably ever.  Kudos!

• Like 2

After the way last season ended and our typical offseason shenanigans i wasn't really expecting a whole lot from the redskins but im a little surprised by how much less is expected of them by the media.

The pft preseason rankings put them at 25th.

I just saw an article predicting 5 and 11.

I've seen a bunch more with about the same predictions.

Maybe these are all true but with cousins still coming back and no real reaosn to think we won't still have a very good offense that has for the most part been together for several years.

Combine that with all of the seaming improvements on defense im a little surprised that we arent at least expected to still hover around 500 style mediocrity. 

16 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I guess thats why we always hang out.

Damn it.

18 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is one of the best analogies about the Redskins I've come across probably ever.  Kudos!

And sometimes it feels like:
"Oh, hey Uncle Redskins. Yeah? You wanna tell us that story from 1982 again? Cool beans. I literally wasn't even thought of yet and I've heard this story a million times already but light me up, fam."

Edited by thebluefood
  • Like 2

So, this guy on FB when referring to our former QB: "say what you want, but he was the last QB to get us to the playoffs". 

......uh....maybe if you were in a coma? But if you aren't like, living under a rock, you'd remember 2015. 

Are people actually this stupid? 

A shout out to the skins fan that got arrested and said he was Lucky Whitehead.  Good job choosing a player that was one strike away from getting cut. 

Autoplay Video boss may hear it alert link - his agent says it is mistaken identity and that he was not in Virginia

Next time, wear a halter top and say your name is Ezekiel.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, redskinss said:

After the way last season ended and our typical offseason shenanigans i wasn't really expecting a whole lot from the redskins but im a little surprised by how much less is expected of them by the media.

The pft preseason rankings put them at 25th.

I just saw an article predicting 5 and 11.

I've seen a bunch more with about the same predictions.

Maybe these are all true but with cousins still coming back and no real reaosn to think we won't still have a very good offense that has for the most part been together for several years.

Combine that with all of the seaming improvements on defense im a little surprised that we arent at least expected to still hover around 500 style mediocrity. 

I'm coining a new term for this - Redskins Bias. :angry:

There's no other way to explain it.  Taking a step back would be a reasonable call from a national press outfit due to this or that factor.  

But 5-11???

That's pure nonsense!  I expect us to be competitive again this year - but of course we get poormouthed by the Football Press.

...in other news, scientists predict that this summer will continue to be hot & we can expect chilly temperatures this coming winter.

• Like 1

People forget that despite our sheer inability to develop QBs in the past, we may have gotten it right with Kirk...wait, that's his name, right? ;)

He wants some security before giving his. And I want him to have enough to help KB'S rescue...bigly. 

Hail! 

• Like 1

Hilarious that Dallas rushed to release Lucky to look good, and got burned. 

They are not rescinding his release despite the police admitting it was not him.

I feel like they should be on the hook for any guaranteed monies for him being released under false pretenses. Gomara.