Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone watch All Or Nothing yet? Binge watched all of it today (was out of town this weekend so I didn't get a chance to watch until I got home. GREAT show.

Watched the first couple, gonna watch some more tomorrow night. Really good show, better than Hard Knocks imo. Too bad they followed the same team Hard Knocks had just done, but still good stuff 

34 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Watched the first couple, gonna watch some more tomorrow night. Really good show, better than Hard Knocks imo. Too bad they followed the same team Hard Knocks had just done, but still good stuff 

Yeah the Rams had cameras around them from August until the end of the season pretty much!! I'm sure that had to get annoying. I'm hoping the show comes back for a 3rd season, id love to see a team like the browns on just to see the dysfunction over there ??

Not Redskins related but stumbled upon the "Missing Rings" special on the 1990s Buffalo Bills and I have to imagine the Bills' K-Gun was a lot of fun to watch. Kelly had all those weapons with Reed out on the wing and Thurmond Thomas at halfback. The latter just blasted out of the gates every time he got the ball.

Real shame they went 0-4 in the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Not Redskins related but stumbled upon the "Missing Rings" special on the 1990s Buffalo Bills and I have to imagine the Bills' K-Gun was a lot of fun to watch. Kelly had all those weapons with Reed out on the wing and Thurmond Thomas at halfback. The latter just blasted out of the gates every time he got the ball.

Real shame they went 0-4 in the Super Bowl.

They were an incredible team to watch. The defense was great too.

On 7/8/2017 at 4:20 PM, Koolblue13 said:

They were an incredible team to watch. The defense was great too.

Everyone gives them crap for not winning Super Bowls but four consecutive conference titles is still amazing. I don't think that'll happen again. Maybe the AFC was the "weaker conference" at the time but four straight conference titles is still four straight conference titles.

Edited by thebluefood

7 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Everyone gives them crap for not winning Super Bowls but four consecutive conference titles is still amazing. I don't think that'll happen again. Maybe the AFC was the "weaker conference" at the time butt four straight conference titles is still four straight conference titles.

Yeah, exactly and there were some great teams in the AFC. The NFC was mostly the East and the 9ers for the most part, but you really had to be a solid team in the AFC to make the playoffs. The Oilers were probably my favorite at the time, until they had that monumental collapse against the Bills.

• Like 1

So I'm downtown in the town I live in today and I'm buy a second hand store and there's a Giants Jersey shirt type thing hanging in the window.... should I buy it and burn it out in the street?.... I have nothing against second hand stores and thrift stores I shop at them..just saying

9 minutes ago, Taylorcooley1 said:

So I'm downtown in the town I live in today and I'm buy a second hand store and there's a Giants Jersey shirt type thing hanging in the window.... should I buy it and burn it out in the street?.... I have nothing against second hand stores and thrift stores I shop at them..just saying

maybe buy it and save it for a good tailgate party.  If you burn it in the street you may get a ticket from the cops.  If you burn it at the right tail gate, you may get a ticket for the 50 yardline.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

maybe buy it and save it for a good tailgate party.  If you burn it in the street you may get a ticket from the cops.  If you burn it at the right tail gate, you may get a ticket for the 50 yardline.

I kind of like your idea which reminds me of the blanket(cowboys blanket)that I found in a transportation van that I used for work.. I stuffed it away in the van 30 days went by I didn't hear a thing it was a few years ago when our season started off at home against Dall ass.. the plan was to burn it in my dad's pit prior to kickoff which he did but without me I was a couple minutes behind and he did it without me I guess because of the kind of fabric it went up fast.

Edited by Taylorcooley1

I found my copy of "Redskins: A History of Washington's Team" (that anthology book the Washington Post released back in 1997) while unpacking! I haven't read this since I was a kid!

Boy, hearing Tom Boswell describe his experience as a young Redskins fan in the 1950s is eerily similar to my experience in the 2000s - from the mediocre seasons to the pledges from the front office that the team is "improving" to watching games with your parents, knowing they saw better times than you did (Boz is a D.C. guy all the way - his father was a 'Skins fan during the Sammy Baugh era, as was my grandfrather). This book is a huge reason why I've been a big Redskins fan my whole life and why I've always loved reading about the team's history.

This is positively unnerving with the similarities. Unfortunately, we may be in for a longer wait for glory now than folks were back then.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wish someone smarter than me would do some technical threads.

I don't think anyone can focus on the X's and O's stuff right now until the Kirk situation is sorted one way or another. It looms too large and it's hard to get excited about anything else until we know where we stand. The whole fanbase is in limbo 

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don't think anyone can focus on the X's and O's stuff right now until the Kirk situation is sorted one way or another. It looms too large and it's hard to get excited about anything else until we know where we stand. The whole fanbase is in limbo 

You may be right, but most of the people in that thread aren't the ones I'd expect a thread like that from. A lot of them are the same posters who pick one detail and turn it into a themed complaint and hammer on it every chance they get. Thats why that thread is so long. Its perfect. 

Honestly, I don't care. Ive stated my opinion on our buffoonable FO. They lucked into Kirk and now think they're brilliant enough to replace him I think. Hes got plenty of flaws, but hes a top tiered QB. Probably. Gruden is a QBs coach. 

I'm more interested in if the defense will improve and why. How was the style Manusky ran before and was his personnel similar, etc. What was Cavanaugh like when he ran the Ravens. What does he like to run. Things that are going to matter anyway.

The Kirk stuffs going to be what it is. Theres no info and nothing to give us to form an "educated " opinion. Just media and fan BS.

If it wasn't so annoying, it'd be even more boring. STudfeld for PotUS!

• Like 2

If Gruden really likes his new players on 1 year deals, I would like to see Allen focus on getting a deal done sooner than later. Including Terrell Pryor.  I know early camp/season extensions are rare, but with the high volume of 1 year deals this time around, I feel like GMs should act quickly to work on retaining anyone coaches can see are a slam dunk to want to resign.

It should not take along at all for Gruden to know Pryor is a bonafide #1 in his system.  There is risk, but also reward in getting that next deal a little cheaper. As a rule, don't let players you want to retain hit free agency.

Edited by RandyHolt

@RandyHolt with the uncertainty of the Kirk cousins situation, I doubt many of our guys would want to re-sign without knowing who our QB would be for the 2018 season. That might be a problem. 

Along with it being 14 days until training camp, it's also 21 days until football is back on TV!!! And 28 days until the redskins are back on tv ???

• Like 2

I agree they may be loathe to sign without knowing Kirk will be here, but guaranteed money for future years that are currently showing them with no income, may help sway them. 

I just feel like in the year of the unprecedented 1 year deal, GMs may need to pounce on anyone we want to retain faster than in previous years.

Anyone know why no old videos from redskins.com will load anymore? I had been watching old press conferences the last two weeks from the 2008 season and recently got to the 2009 season and the videos now have a spinning circle thing....I even tried it with later seasons to see if they would work, but not even any 2015 season videos work either. Is something up with redskins.com that I'm not aware of...? It's kinda annoying 

I am digging the new grub tub concept implemented at RFedexK. The worst was walking around with both hands tied up carrying food trays and beers, and the usher then asking for your ticket stub. Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/07/13/from-grub-tubs-to-metal-detectors-a-look-at-whats-new-at-fedex-field-for-2017/?tid=hybrid_collaborative_1_na&utm_term=.8945091fe56c

Edited by RandyHolt