Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

On 7/9/2017 at 6:23 AM, Koolblue13 said:

Yeah, exactly and there were some great teams in the AFC. The NFC was mostly the East and the 9ers for the most part, but you really had to be a solid team in the AFC to make the playoffs. The Oilers were probably my favorite at the time, until they had that monumental collapse against the Bills.

I remember that collapse vs the Bills.  Hard to forget

• Like 1

So who here in this forum is going to tell me that this team is in really good hands and we have a finite short mid and long term plans moving forward?

I don't know about you but my experience has been that only assholes produce crap

SOSDD

Edited by RedBeast

@RedBeast Well...let me be the 1st to set it off.  

As always, I'm feeling good about The Skins this year.  I confess that I haven't kept up on too much this Offseason (some of the cringeworthy stuff had me burying my head in other sporting leagues).  But from what I've come to understand, the sky hasn't fallen.  

So as is the norm, I'm optimistic.

When do Veterans report to Bon Secours again?

Edited by Diehard Otis

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Soon man, very soon! Close, but yet so very far away ?

For us, vets and rookies report on the same day, the 26th. So a week from this upcoming Wednesday. Hey, that's in 10 days isn't it....

I don't know if I can handle it! :drooley:

Over the years, I have managed my Football withdrawal pretty well (baseball helps - a lot!)

But I'm starting to get that feelin' again...

I was curious when Doolittle will be ready to pitch for the Nationals so I performed a Google search and came up with this gem:

“My dad grew up in Annapolis, Md., and he was a die-hard Redskins fan and that’s how we were brought up. We were introduced to it at an early age and I’m just old enough to remember the last time the Redskins won the Super Bowl. After the 1991 season, I can remember the party that we had, so that was the beginning of my formative years. I guess that kind of cemented that I was definitely going to be a Redskins fan. I was raised correctly.”

- Sean Doolittle 

• Like 1

Do you think fans of other teams are ****ing exhausted and already tired of their team by the time training camp rolls around?  Like if you're a Packers fan, are you already rolling your eyes in July and August and sick of your teams shenanigans or are you just stoked about football season starting?   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah, that was special.  

The aftermath of the 2 TO's by Gibbs was pretty good, if I remember correctly.  The hiring of Zorn was a bit of a meltdown.  

The Fassil/Zorn era was probably the height of it. People mailing in imaginary fan cards, was hysterically stupid. I can't imagine things getting that bad again.

This off-season definitely gives it a run, probably because we almost started acting like a professional team, instead of pulling coodinaters out of ****ing bingo halls.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Do you think fans of other teams are ****ing exhausted and already tired of their team by the time training camp rolls around?  Like if you're a Packers fan, are you already rolling your eyes in July and August and sick of your teams shenanigans or are you just stoked about football season starting?   

That's a good question.

Honesty I'm more relieved at the off season almost ending than excited at the season almost starting. But right now I'm in Nats Mode anyway.

God help this team if they start 1-4...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's a good question.

Honesty I'm more relieved at the off season almost ending than excited at the season almost starting. But right now I'm in Nats Mode anyway.

God help this team if they start 1-4...

That's pretty much where I am. Keeping track of off-season trades and news is either exhausting, dull, infuriating, or depressing and as a Redskins fan, I have no reason to trust any "good news" that comes out of Ashburn. 

Even when the Nationals were putrid, they were way more fun to follow than the Redskins were during their off-season. 

17 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, I live in San Diego and I can say for sure that out here, they have 100% kicked their team of 50 years to the curb.  Not just management, a coach or QB, but the entire team.  I saw a license plate just 2 days ago that read:  XSDCFAN      

So, the chargers are worse, the browns, well they are the browns.  The jets are already being rumored as tanking, so at the worst, we are not in the bottom 3.

Plus, once the season rolls around and Kirk is distributing the ball out to 10 different pass catchers, the RBs are scoring from inside the 5 and our defense is holding teams to under 20 points, we will all be cheering and talking about how there is no way Kirk leaves if the team goes 12-4 and has a deep playoff run.  (PS - we won't be 12-4.....)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

But...but I want it. :( 

I want 12-4 too.  I do think the Kirk distributing the ball, the RBs being better in the redzone and the D being improved will happen.  I wonder if Kirk feels this way too.  If he does, I just don't understand why he won't want to be a long-term part of it.  I know - we are dysfunctional, Allen can't pronounce Kirk, Synder likes Robert more....  Break ups are hard and even harder if we have a winning season and make the playoffs. 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2017 at 7:57 PM, Koolblue13 said:

The Fassil/Zorn era was probably the height of it. People mailing in imaginary fan cards, was hysterically stupid. I can't imagine things getting that bad again.

This off-season definitely gives it a run, probably because we almost started acting like a professional team, instead of pulling coodinaters out of ****ing bingo halls.

a slow, horrible death will come to ANYONE who refers to our team as "the maroon and black" again.  :nono:

• Like 1