Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@BleedBNG I’m pretty sure nobody is misunderstanding the (highly unlikely it’ll even happen) scenario 😂 hawgboy was just simply stating that if the cowboys win 1 more game, we’re eliminated. Which is true 

Yeah, I was thinking "right?" meant a question. Changed it. Thanks!

Edited by BleedBNG

15 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Utterly nuts. 

But man, right here, right now, is it an exciting finish to what's been, in the main, a horrible season. 

Its how we roll. 

Hail. 

This season has been a great learning experience for me. I won't quit on the players ever again if I see them busting their asses to win, no matter how bad the management is. Kudos to this group and the vets (AP, Kerrigan, Collins) who have done their part to hold this team together. I hate Bruce but he may have been right about the culture amongst these players and coaches. The big mistake Bruce and Dan made was bringing Jay back....we have talent. 

I really appreciate what AP has done for this team...he has been a tremendous pro. I would bring him back next year too....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

This is friggin great.  The worst team in Redskin history might win the division!!  Hope we can win it at 6-10.  That would be totally historical

Yes we are SO CLOSE to winning the Dumpster Division.

20 years of this Dan Snyder BS. we've got ourselves quite the Dumpster Dynasty going on here.

13 hours ago, gooseneck said:

This is friggin great.  The worst team in Redskin history might win the division!!  Hope we can win it at 6-10.  That would be totally historical

i think we'd have to go 7-9...still to go 7 - 9 or even 6-10 after starting 1-9 would be crazy...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nope. Let this thread die until next season. Not that it was ever realistic for the skins anyway 😂 we weren’t going to beat the packers with this years team. 

And yet they left it all on the field and showed heart and balls. They didn't quit and played as if they truly believed they could make a run. Hell, even Manusky came out of this one looking stoic. Let the dominoes fall where they may for the rest of the year, but yesterday's loss wasn't too bitter.

2 hours ago, hawgboy said:

And yet they left it all on the field and showed heart and balls. They didn't quit and played as if they truly believed they could make a run. Hell, even Manusky came out of this one looking stoic. Let the dominoes fall where they may for the rest of the year, but yesterday's loss wasn't too bitter.

I would argue that yesterday's loss wasn't too bitter because it was expected.  And that, in and of itself, is a huge problem.   And while I can agree that they showed heart and balls yesterday, that doesn't change the fact that they still looked like ass.  The only reason the score was close was that the Packers were just dicking around.  

Think the bitter thing is that, if you pick 2-3 games earlier in the season (Giants and Bears come to mind) where if we played at the level we are now, that perhaps we prevail in those games and are still in the race (albeit in a lousy division).

The good thing is, due to said lousy division, barring a surprise run by whoever winds up winning it, it's tough to see a clear favorite going into 2020. I'm far from a Skins homer, but dont see a reason why we cant be in the thick of it next season.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:51 PM, hail2skins said:

Think the bitter thing is that, if you pick 2-3 games earlier in the season (Giants and Bears come to mind) where if we played at the level we are now, that perhaps we prevail in those games 

The 9-0 loss to San Francisco at home 

On 12/9/2019 at 6:51 PM, hail2skins said:

Think the bitter thing is that, if you pick 2-3 games earlier in the season (Giants and Bears come to mind) where if we played at the level we are now, that perhaps we prevail in those games and are still in the race (albeit in a lousy division).

The good thing is, due to said lousy division, barring a surprise run by whoever winds up winning it, it's tough to see a clear favorite going into 2020. I'm far from a Skins homer, but dont see a reason why we cant be in the thick of it next season.

Haskins.  Dan Snyder & Bruce Allen and their next puppet coach.

Also, Dallas and New York could hire quality coaches next year.

Edited by Rdskns2000

• 10 months later...
50 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

As someone who bumped this last season, I'm even pained about seeing this, even on a day when Washington is dominating the Cowboys.

At this time I think the division is the Eagles to lose, likely at 7-8-1. 

Is Philly really better than us ?

Maybe, but I'm not convinced of that, at all

Since I've been down on Turner every game this year, I was actually impressed with the play calling. Kept Allen steady with the plays & got Gibson, McKissic & Barber in plays that were their strengths. 

Steady Allen & grind out scores is how they need to win. Get up a few scores and the DL is a different beast. 

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

As someone who bumped this last season, I'm even pained about seeing this, even on a day when Washington is dominating the Cowboys.

At this time I think the division is the Eagles to lose, likely at 7-8-1. 

Eagles schedule: Cards, Saints, Seahawks, Packers, Browns, WFT, Boys, Boys, Giants.....With 9 games to go you have the Eagles winning 5 of them which, given these remaining games will be a challenge.

WFT schedule: Lions, Bengals, Niners, Steelers, Panthers, Eagles, Giants, Dallas, Seattle...with 9 games remaining do we see 5 wins for the WFT? At most I see 5 wins here with 3 being more likely. 

I'm ruling Dallas and NYG out given their weaknesses, injuries, etc...this is a 2 horse race with the head to head game likely deciding the division all things considered.