Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Early prediction for Baltimore.

Art

The defense has played so well for two games, I'm going to guess Williams has a St. Louis moment as he did a couple years ago in the third preseason game. It'll be a little harder to pull off against the Ravens offense than the Rams at the time, but, Williams will identify the strengths of the Ravens offense and players and call plays that directly force our guys into their weakest abilities. The Ravens will shred us.

And after the game, Williams will be grinning up a storm, knowing he just kept the chip on the shoulder of a defense that was terrible a year ago and may just be starting to think it isn't so bad now. When Williams came in he took over a defense that was awful. One that had a "desperate" need on the defensive line. One that couldn't do anything right. And he dominated with it.

But, he dominated with it after displaying to it against the Rams that no matter how good they thought they were, they could get shredded but for making the right reads within the scheme. Our defense looks faster than it did at any point last year. It looks like it has the pieces to be difficult to figure out. And, it's probably the perfect time to remind them how no one thinks they are any good so they enter the season steaming.

While it may not be a good idea to judge our defense based on preseason, I feel that Greg Williams has consistently had a good defense in his tenure as a defensive coordinator, not just in Washington, but also in Tennessee and Buffalo. He reminds me of Bill Belichick. He should be our next head coach if our defense performs well this year, period. I hope Snyder doesn't bring someone else(like Cowher) to be our coach *if* Williams proves himself this year. If we can have a good offense, we will be performin very well. Williams is definitely head coach material. He always has a good defense. He's a genius. Make him our next head coach.

Disagree. Too many guys on the defense are familiar with the scheme and I doubt if we even need anything to that effect. I think last year provided enough humiliation to last us the whole season. We have bunch of veterans who know what the system can do. Not a bunch of guys who are learning the system and need to learn to trust in GW.

I think we keep on keepin on.

Sooo....We're gonna suck on purpose?

Cool.

I mean.

What?

Kind of.

If what he did against the Rams happens again it won't be so much sucking on purpose as leaving guys in positions alone with no help and displaying to them they are not invincible. The Rams game when he first came in was an excellent coaching technique to get the team to fully buy in to his preaching.

Last year's team kind of rejected what he was doing. It actually may not work again to do it to them, but, with two strong performances, if you need to show something to them, you show it by making sure you leave guys on islands and reveal to them how much the scheme helps them, assuming Baltimore takes advanatage.

Kind of.

If what he did against the Rams happens again it won't be so much sucking on purpose as leaving guys in positions alone with no help and displaying to them they are not invincible. The Rams game when he first came in was an excellent coaching technique to get the team to fully buy in to his preaching.

Last year's team kind of rejected what he was doing. It actually may not work again to do it to them, but, with two strong performances, if you need to show something to them, you show it by making sure you leave guys on islands and reveal to them how much the scheme helps them, assuming Baltimore takes advanatage.

Last year they "kind of rejected"?? Oh no. I certainly hope he wouldn't try that again! It was a miserable failure last season whatever he did. So don't try it again. Please god, no.

Kind of.

If what he did against the Rams happens again it won't be so much sucking on purpose as leaving guys in positions alone with no help and displaying to them they are not invincible.

Last years issues were more about the injuries than "buying into" his schemes. Atleast that's been the team and fan line.

It's also hard to imagine him leaving his guys on islands so they can be exposed. Anything that shakes a players confidence, especially in the secondary, in his own abilities is a bad plan.

If they get exposed, it's not going to be intentionally for motivational purposes.

TheFan

Disagree. Too many guys on the defense are familiar with the scheme and I doubt if we even need anything to that effect. I think last year provided enough humiliation to last us the whole season. We have bunch of veterans who know what the system can do. Not a bunch of guys who are learning the system and need to learn to trust in GW.

I think we keep on keepin on.

Agreed. Williams is trying to resurrect this unit.... trying to establish it's confidence and identity. It's a veteran unit. There's absolutely no need to undermine the unit to teach them a lesson.

This is a unit that's trying to redevelop itself... build some cohesiveness and confidence going into the regular season. Coming off a horrible season last year.

After 2 preseason games.... I hardly think Williams believes he has to something drastic to keep the unit hungry. 2 preseason games isn't enough to wash the stink off from last year.

Maybe that is what GW does, but then how is that different from what he did last year in pre-season by running a vanilla defense and putting AA is coverage as opposed to in the box? I makes sense in theory but didn't work out well for us at all last year starting with the unbeliveable home loss to Minny...

Did not Joe say that he was going to put more value in trying to win the pre-season games?

Baltimore will field a better starting team next week IMO.

Offense

QB: McNair > Todd Collins

Oline: even with no ogden and samuels there to anchor the line

RB: McGahee > Betts

WR1: Mason < Moss

WR2: Clayton > LLoyd

TE: Heap > Cooley

FB: Seller > 31 starting FBs in the NFL

Defense

DE: Ravens DEs > Skins DEs

DT: Ravens DTs > Skins DTs

WLB: Bart Scott > McIntosh (although Rocky looks great)

MLB: Older ray lewis = Fletcher, so Toss Up.

SLB: Johnson is crap and so is Campbell

CBs: Rolle + McAllister > Springs + Rogers

SS: Dawan Landry < Laron Landry

FS: Ed Reed > Sean Taylor

K: Stover > Every Kicker not named Vinatieri

P: Frost is the preseason MVP

I hope the 1st team of the skins come out and compete well. It'll be a good game to gauge how this team will do this season

Baltimore will field a better starting team next week IMO.

Offense

QB: McNair > Todd Collins

Oline: even with no ogden and samuels there to anchor the line

RB: McGahee > Betts

WR1: Mason < Moss

WR2: Clayton > LLoyd

TE: Heap > Cooley

FB: Seller > 31 starting FBs in the NFL

Defense

DE: Ravens DEs > Skins DEs

DT: Ravens DTs > Skins DTs

WLB: Bart Scott > McIntosh (although Rocky looks great)

MLB: Older ray lewis = Fletcher, so Toss Up.

SLB: Johnson is crap and so is Campbell

CBs: Rolle + McAllister > Springs + Rogers

SS: Dawan Landry < Laron Landry

FS: Ed Reed > Sean Taylor

K: Stover > Every Kicker not named Vinatieri

P: Frost is the preseason MVP

I hope the 1st team of the skins come out and compete well. It'll be a good game to gauge how this team will do this season

I hate when fans drink the Kool-aide, but you need to put down your bottle of hateraid. Seriously, how can you honestly say what I have high-lighted above???

The Ravens will shred us.

You're gonna have to quantify "shred". I mean, it sounds big and nasty. Not simply a loss. So how big and nasty will the shredding be?

An overall loss is easily predictable given that Gibbs will no doubt get extremely conservative with his "stars" playing time having had the willies put up him badly last night.

:helmet:

I hate when fans drink the Kool-aide, but you need to put down your bottle of hateraid. Seriously, how can you honestly say what I have high-lighted above???

what hateraid?

.......Gms Rec Yds Avg Lng YAC YAC 1st D TD

Heap... 16 73 765 47.8 10.5 30 3.7 40 6

Cooley. 16 57 734 45.9 12.9 66 7.4 33 6

By last years stats, i will say that Cooley actually had the better year, even with Heap having 16 more receptions last year.

By stating that Heap > Cooley i was trying to not seem too much of a homer, b/c everyone outside of DC would say heap is one of the top TEs in the league since he's been consistent since 01.

Ed Reed vs Sean Taylor... until Sean Taylor wins Defensive player of the year and stars getting some picks I'm going to say that he isn't better than Ed Reed.

27 career INTs vs 7 career INTs.

Archived