Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**** the Cowboys

Big Weirdo

Fans just can't help getting ahead of themselves. 

I liked watching Dak at MissSt (mainly because I like anyone that has a chance to knock off Bama) and I think he can be successful in Dallas if Tony R ever gets hurt.

Right now tho, he is staring holes into his WRs, usually the first one because it's preseason and the first one is open. Against game planned defenses, things won't be so easy. 

I view preseason as it pertains to young players similar to the NBA summer league. Playing good/great doesn't mean you have it, but playing awful is usually a better sign that you don't/won't have it. 

So we will see. 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Fans just can't help getting ahead of themselves. 

I liked watching Dak at MissSt (mainly because I like anyone that has a chance to knock off Bama) and I think he can be successful in Dallas if Tony R ever gets hurt.

Right now tho, he is staring holes into his WRs, usually the first one because it's preseason and the first one is open. Against game planned defenses, things won't be so easy. 

I view preseason as it pertains to young players similar to the NBA summer league. Playing good/great doesn't mean you have it, but playing awful is usually a better sign that you don't/won't have it. 

So we will see. 

I think the change we saw in Dak his last year at Miss St. was very impressive.  He changed his game and made plays from the pocket.  

He's a natural leader by all accounts, and the type of guy you would want as a face of a franchise.

Obviously I'm hoping it all falls apart like a house of cards, but I would bet on Dak before I would bet on Elliot having a great career in the NFL.

On 8/27/2016 at 7:24 AM, Aireskoi said:

Dak Prescott seems legit.  

My brother is a lifelong Cowbum, he compared him to Warren Moon and I just stood there with my mouth open.   ****!

I maybe wrong but didn't they said similar things about Weeden last year about this time after a couple of preseason games? :)

I just heard Romo out 6-10 weeks with broken back. 

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/27/tony-romo-cowboys-injury-update-broken-bone-back?xid=aol_home

Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo has a broken bone in his back, head coach Jason Garrett told reporters on Saturday.

Pro Football Talk reports Romo is expected to miss 6–10 weeks. NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports that the best-case scenario is a mid-season return, noting that Romo played with a different broken bone in his back in 2014. There is currently no timetable for his return, according to the team, but it is not a season-ending injury.

6 minutes ago, TheGreek1973 said:

I maybe wrong but didn't they said similar things about Weeden last year about this time after a couple of preseason games? :)

But Weeden throws a beautiful ball though?  Yes, but I think everyone with a brain knew better.

I've seen so much growth and maturity with Dak through the years.  He was an option QB running the gimmick stuff and he stayed in school his last year to learn the pro-style offense.  I think he has displayed the leadership qualities of a Warren Moon.

This is a **** the cowboys thread, so I'll leave it at that.  I hope I'm as wrong as possible, but I was very unhappy when they drafted him.

Hmmm rematches the Cowboys game to see what the hype was about....  

Elliot looked good and I think he would will be a good RB in the league... But I was afraid I was going to see a RB like AP but he wasn't that so I was relieved.

Dak.... Ok he didn't look lost like a many rookie QB but am I the only one that thinks Dak was pretty inaccurate for a person with all this hype???    Romo when healthy is much much better QB than this guy