Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Love the gold pants! I agree about the burgundy over white comments. The collar is terrible, but only noticeable with the white away jersey. I like the collar design with the burgundy...They should have just made a burgundy v on the white or just left the collar all white...who knows what they were thinking, but it's the last thing I really care about when you consider how amazing RGIII looked in the B&G (&white) 2night!

The collars are disgusting. They don't fit the rest of the uniform at all.

Agreed. All I can think while watching it is "you got your collar popped, bro"? Stupid Nike, I'm not really a fan of the stretched out fruit rollups on the neck either. Whatever though, not the end of the world.

Cousins does look pretty badass in his 'Gus Frerotte sleeves'. Has the right number too :)

Edited by blitzpackage

Overall, I like the Skinz unis, especially the gold pants, but I think now more than ever they need to be tweaked.

The uniforms they wore today/tonight didn't have two articles of clothing with matching stripes. The helmets have three evenly separated stripes, the sleeves have two skinny touching stripes, the pants have three touching stripes and the socks have too many stripes to count (well, I could count them, but you know what I mean).. throw in those big thick single stripe-color collar things and you've got kind of a mess.. not to mention the white pants stripes won't match the gold pants.

If they're going to keep sleeve stripes, I wish they'd move the TV numbers to the top of the shoulder pads and raise the sleeve stripes and thicken them. If not, just remove them altogether, and remove the collar color, then go with two thick stripes on the gold pants to match the white and wear solid burgundy socks.

I think I saw a photoshop job with this look that cleaned everything up nicely.

Overall, I like the Skinz unis, especially the gold pants, but I think now more than ever they need to be tweaked.

The uniforms they wore today/tonight didn't have two articles of clothing with matching stripes. The helmets have three evenly separated stripes, the sleeves have two skinny touching stripes, the pants have three touching stripes and the socks have too many stripes to count (well, I could count them, but you know what I mean).. throw in those big thick single stripe-color collar things and you've got kind of a mess.. not to mention the white pants stripes won't match the gold pants.

If they're going to keep sleeve stripes, I wish they'd move the TV numbers to the top of the shoulder pads and raise the sleeve stripes and thicken them. If not, just remove them altogether, and remove the collar color, then go with two thick stripes on the gold pants to match the white and wear solid burgundy socks.

Yeah, I think you are on to something here...The stripes are a mess! 3 on the helmet, 3 on the gold pants, 2 on the jerseys, 2 on the white and burgundy pants. They wear 2 stripes with socks when they wear the burgundy pants, they wear solid burgundy socks with the white pants, and they wear crazy socks with the gold pants.

I think it should be simplified for sure.

Helmet = 1 gold stripe

Socks = solid burgundy

Pants = I'm not sure...I don't think I like the two stripe thing on the White or Burgundy ones. I think either go single stripe or triple stripe for all pants.

I lean towards the single stripe, I think it looks sharp. Here is a pic from the 60's when the team did that:

Sonny-Jurgensen.jpg

Edited by Diesel Hog

I guess I'm alone in digging the collars. I think it looks sick.

If by sick you mean, :puke: Then yes, they are sick....

To people complaining about the White pants. You do know for this year if we kept the Burgundy pants, we would probably had to wear Burgundy on Burgundy a couple of times this year. I know you all don't want that look again.

I've always like the numbers on the top of the shoulders and not on the sleeves. The 70th anny jerseys have the numbers on the shoulders. I let's you be more creative with the sleeve as far as stripes and emblems go.

Edited by pjfootballer

They need to fix that pants stripe. There should only be two stripes, not three. Doesn't match the sleeves or the white pants.
I agree.... They could be cleaned up a bit. I would like to see all burgundy socks as well.

Yes and yes please!

I guess I'm alone in digging the collars. I think it looks sick.

You are. They make me throw up in my mouth a little.

You know what, it is not even the collars. The collars were always burgundy. It is that stupid flywire technology that Nike is doing. Idiots just should have made it the color of the rest of the collar.

Nike probably told teams that if they wanted the flywire then they had to have the stupid collar. That may be why some teams elected not to use the flywire at all.

Nike probably told teams that if they wanted the flywire then they had to have the stupid collar. That may be why some teams elected not to use the flywire at all.

I wish the Redskins would have declined like the Packers. The collars are atrocious. I hope Nike jersey replicas don't end up selling that well so they are forced to revert to the old design. I really wish I caught a Reebok authentic before they were gone.

The collars are stupid, but overall the uniforms aren't bad. They just seem a little fussy. I'd still like to see a modern redesign done. Even if it's just an alternate, I just want to see this team updated. We're already on the path with a young team and a rookie QB, let's go all in.