Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I second MattFancy here. Each team chose the jersey design elements, including the collar. The burgundy jerseys have a solid collar all around and the white jersey collars are slightly different. If we kept the same uniform designs, as a handful of teams chose to, then some of you would have something to say about that. At the end of the day, it's a decision made by the team I love and I'll choose not to complain about it. I've been through worse (Haynesworth, McNabb). Hail!

I second MattFancy here. Each team chose the jersey design elements, including the collar. The burgundy jerseys have a solid collar all around and the white jersey collars are slightly different. If we kept the same uniform designs, as a handful of teams chose to, then some of you would have something to say about that. At the end of the day, it's a decision made by the team I love and I'll choose not to complain about it. I've been through worse (Haynesworth, McNabb). Hail!

Was it just me or did the white jersey we as the other week at the Civic Center look better then the ones they wore in game? Looked like the shoulder pads really made that collar look a lot different.

Was it just me or did the white jersey we as the other week at the Civic Center look better then the ones they wore in game? Looked like the shoulder pads really made that collar look a lot different.

I agree with you TK. It's almost like the collar becomes the shoulder pad neck line (if that makes any sense). Otherwise it looks normal. In the interviews of those still in shoulder pads, it looks like a mannequin body with a head in it. I'm assuming that's the flywire technology which really conforms to the pads. Good observation TK!

Did we for sure get rid of the burgundy pants? We have them on the Madden Demo it looks like. If we really did get rid of them I'm really going to miss them. Hopefully, they'll be back next year.

Yeah, I don't mind the gold pants every once in a while, but the burgundy should always be our primary color.

Yeah, I don't mind the gold pants every once in a while, but the burgundy should always be our primary color.

Indeed, I like the gold pants with the burgundy jerseys but not so much with the white jerseys. They look like giant banana splits with a cherry on top with that look. There's just a serious shortage of red in that uniform combo. Burgundy is our primary color and we are called the REDskins after all.

I'm loving the White on Gold. Call me crazy, but I think it's not only a better look, but it's refreshing after pretty much only seeing white on burgundy for 30 years (20 of which the team sucked). I think the gold is a very welcome change.

Now, the devil is in the details, and the 3 striped helmet, 3 striped pants, 2 striped jersey, and multi-striped socks is a mess. Something needs to be done here for consistency. Nothing drastic, but maybe go to a three stripe jersey sleeve look, and solid burgundy socks; that would pretty much fix it (oh, also, make the white and burgundy pants 3 stripes).

I'll be honest; I do NOT like the stripe coming around the neck of the jerseys that make it look like they have a shirt with a collar on. Kind of cheesey looking to me.

Agreed. Traditional teams like the Skins shouldn't have it, IMO. I'm glad the Jets don't.

Also, what seems to be the common theme with the gold pants? I like them for the road, but for home games I think you all should be in burgandy tops with white pants or white on white.

Agreed. Traditional teams like the Skins shouldn't have it, IMO. I'm glad the Jets don't.

Also, what seems to be the common theme with the gold pants? I like them for the road, but for home games I think you all should be in burgandy tops with white pants or white on white.

The horseshoe collar thing is terrible. It should be either solid white or solid burgundy. As it is now, it just looks distracting.

If I had any say so whatsoever, I'd vote for gold the majority of the time. I've never really been a fan of Burgundy on White, and I think the Burgundy on Gold is far superior. I'd be fine for ditching the white pants all together, so home games would = Burgundy on Gold, and then rotate away games between White on Burgundy and White on Gold.

The horseshoe collar thing is terrible. It should be either solid white or solid burgundy. As it is now, it just looks distracting.

If I had any say so whatsoever, I'd vote for gold the majority of the time. I've never really been a fan of Burgundy on White, and I think the Burgundy on Gold is far superior. I'd be fine for ditching the white pants all together, so home games would = Burgundy on Gold, and then rotate away games between White on Burgundy and White on Gold.

I agree, if they were going to dump any pants they should've dumped the white ones, not the ones that are of our primary color and the ones they one 3 Super Bowls with.

Doubtful. Dallas usually wears these colored jerseys on Thanksgiving:

I don't know if they will want to use them on a road game, but it's possible that go with the throwbacks for that game.. in 2002, both teams went with dark throwback jerseys on Thanksgiving..and it is a nationally televised game..

thanksgiving.jpg

I don't have any inside info on this or anything, but I suspect that they'll wear the throwbacks for the homecoming game and for the Monday Nighter against the Giants. First off, it's a Monday Night national telecast. However given that it's the 80th anniversary of the team...the Giants were kind of the original "rival" back then due to proximity. Granted it's a much more respectful rivalry than the Redskins have with Dallas or Philly, but I bet they wear the throwbacks that game "for old times' sake."

I was really disappointed in the white at home yesterday. I have to believe that they did that because it was an afternoon game for the heat. I've always maintained that if that's the reason you wear white your team's out of shape. But I hope they aren't going back to white every home game. I've always said I want burgundy jerseys and white pants at home, and white jerseys and burgundy pants on the road.