Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

I think the only exception to this concept that I've seen is the Texans. Their white jerseys have a blue collar but the blue actually wraps all the way around to the front section of the collar. Same with their blue jerseys with the red collar.

Edited by windsofcreation

I liked the multi-colored team issue cleats. They look so much better than the solid black look, or the black/gold (w/ yellowish tint) that we used to wear. It should either be that or white with burgundy/gold trim. Never been a fan of the black cleats.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I liked the multi-colored team issue cleats. They look so much better than the solid black look, or the black/gold (w/ yellowish tint) that we used to wear. It should either be that or white with burgundy/gold trim. Never been a fan of the black cleats.

Yeah, they look cool. Much better than solid black or white IMO.

20120910-g3ekgxmsnekc8icgaad33y7hut.jpg

I was pretty suprised they wore their white at home. There is no issue with the heat in a domed stadium. I was thinking they'd were their black with the black leotards.

Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that they only go with the all black look in Prime Time nationally televised games. And they've worn white at home in the past as well, though I'm not sure why.

• 4 weeks later...

My fellow Redskins fans, I cannot seem to figure out exactly what our Skins are doing with their uniform.... thought I had it figured out until they wore the burgundy and white pants last week.

I am really loving what feels like a full-time switch this year to the yellow pants. I know we wore them sporadically in 2010 and last season, but I feel like this has turned into "our" look of the new regime and the RG3 era.

Do you guys think they are here to stay? Like, is this our primary home uniform for the foreseeable future? My brother told me that he heard that this is not just a 2012 type deal--he said the yellow pants/burgundy tops are the new uniforms and that the burgundy top/white pants will be more like an alternate next season and beyond (the old Seminole looking throwbacks are our home Alts)

Anyone heard anything on this? Even if you haven't still want to hear your thoughts on it!

Thanks! Hail! :logo:

Gold. GOLD. They're gold, not yellow. Burgundy and gold.

They appear to be our regular jerseys now. I really don't know why we go with that white and I'm not sure that anyone does.

Gold.

I'm pretty sure we did it in Tampa because of the sweltering heat, trying to wear as much light clothinng as possible.

How does a redskins fan not get the team colors right. :doh:

Because they look as yellow as your little icon slapping his head and not gold. I agree with the white top, gold (they're yellow) pants not meshing well, looks ugly. And I've always liked the burgundy top, white pants for away and white tops, burgundy pants for away - depending on what the other team wears. It's still a sharp look.

Burgundy top, gold (really yellow) pants is awesome for home games though, meshes really well.

This bothers me more than it should. But, for God's sake, please wear burgundy pants and the white jersey! We won three Super Bowls in this color scheme -- end of discussion.

It just kills me when Dallas comes to FedEx and gets to wear their preferred colors. Make them wear the blue jerseys that they apparently hate.

Did not like the white pants this past Sunday. Anything but the burgundy pants though. At least the white shows the mud, grass, blood, etc. :point2sky:D

Our mustardy-throwback Gold is the best though!

I used to have a book put out by the NFL in the early 70's that called the yellowy color "gold" (Skins, Steelers, Rams of the day, Packers etc.) and the Saints-type color "old gold."

Edited by RedskinsInFebruary