Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

All in all I like the uniform. For one I love how the gold pants looks with the gold face-mask, and our helmet in general. I agree that the Collar looks extremely stupid and out of place just make the collar all burgundy like it should also ALL burgundy socks (not striped) would be a big improvement. Though I like the "old school " socks, it's just they complement the "spear" and Lombardy "R" helmet better.

But to be honest. I really don't see whats wrong with wearing this every home game.

cooley

Edited by Portis for 6

I agree, the collar flare looks terrible. I noticed the Bills had the same thing going so it must be standard 2012 Nike issue.

I saw Houston has the new Nike template and on their blue jerseys, instead of the horseshoe collar, they have a red collar all the way around.. but it's so thick it's distracting. I really dislike what Nike has done with the uniforms and hope they come up with something more visibly pleasing.. Does anybody know what is the purpose of the flywire collar actually is?

I saw Houston has the new Nike template and on their blue jerseys, instead of the horseshoe collar, they have a red collar all the way around.. but it's so thick it's distracting. I really dislike what Nike has done with the uniforms and hope they come up with something more visibly pleasing.. Does anybody know what is the purpose of the flywire collar actually is?

No idea at all

I wish the Redskins would have declined like the Packers. The collars are atrocious. I hope Nike jersey replicas don't end up selling that well so they are forced to revert to the old design. I really wish I caught a Reebok authentic before they were gone.

You still can.... nflshop.com. Only Really large sizes available tho. Maybe just frame it.

Ah the dawn of a new season. New players including an exciting,(understatement),rookie QB. Several returning players plus a few added vets. 1st preseason game after a way too long offseason is over so it's time to talk.....

uniforms. "Love what they're wearing." "They could wear what? Honestly. Can't take them anywhere." :silly: Present uni's look good

I believe it is supposed to hold the jersey tight against the pads and be more comfortable for the players.

All in all I like the uniform. For one I love how the gold pants looks with the gold face-mask, and our helmet in general. I agree that the Collar looks extremely stupid and out of place just make the collar all burgundy like it should also ALL burgundy socks (not striped) would be a big improvement. Though I like the "old school " socks, it's just they complement the "spear" and Lombardy "R" helmet better.

But to be honest. I really don't see whats wrong with wearing this every home game.

cooley

So you're saying White on Gold for road games and White on Burgundy for home games? I like both of those combos, but I'd miss the burgundy jersey. I like that the team made the switch to wear it at home. The one home game where I'd like to see White on Burgundy though is Dallas. Every other home game, I'd like to see Burgundy Jerseys with Gold Pants.

For road games, I'd like an even split...4 games with White on Burgundy, 4 games with White on Gold.

cooley

I would LOVE to go back to this. I dont mind the Gold pants/Burgundy shirts but not a fan of Gold pants/White shirts.

I would LOVE to go back to this. I dont mind the Gold pants/Burgundy shirts but not a fan of Gold pants/White shirts.

I'd hate this. Yes, that was the combo of the glory years, but by the mid 90's on through the 2000's I grew to get sick and tired of the white on burgundy all the time. It flat out became depressing to see that basically 15 of the 16 games. I'm glad the gold is back! I think the white on gold is actually my favorite combo now. Having said that, I don't want the team to drop the classic Gibbs era look by any means. I just don't like the team wearing it 15 games of the season.

Like I said above...Burgundy Jerseys / Gold Pants for 7 home games. Against Dallas, White on Burgundy.

For the 8 road games, split between white on burgundy and white on gold (except for at Dallas where we'd have to use the Burgundy jerseys).

I'd hate this. Yes, that was the combo of the glory years, but by the mid 90's on through the 2000's I grew to get sick and tired of the white on burgundy all the time. It flat out became depressing to see that basically 15 of the 16 games. I'm glad the gold is back! I think the white on gold is actually my favorite combo now. Having said that, I don't want the team to drop the classic Gibbs era look by any means. I just don't like the team wearing it 15 games of the season.

Like I said above...Burgundy Jerseys / Gold Pants for 7 home games. Against Dallas, White on Burgundy.

For the 8 road games, split between white on burgundy and white on gold (except for at Dallas where we'd have to use the Burgundy jerseys).

Eh, I think it just looks a hell of alot better. Was not much of a fan of the Gold pants, even back in the 70's. Oh, and no white pants, especially white/white. That was horrid.

So you're saying White on Gold for road games and White on Burgundy for home games? I like both of those combos, but I'd miss the burgundy jersey. I like that the team made the switch to wear it at home. The one home game where I'd like to see White on Burgundy though is Dallas. Every other home game, I'd like to see Burgundy Jerseys with Gold Pants.

For road games, I'd like an even split...4 games with White on Burgundy, 4 games with White on Gold.

No, just saying keep the burgundy pants/white top at home and just use the gold pants and burgundy or white top for away games. Only a few teams wear white jerseys at home and I liked the fact we where one of them. Which is why we wear white tops so often when the burgundy and white top was our home uniform. Not to mention the white on burgundy is just a classy look.:2cents:

Hated the black shoes w the gold and white unis. Everyone but Trent must be color blind.

IIRC most of the teams in the league wear black shoes now. If you're talking about shoes that feature more of a color scheme, then I'm with you. Solid black looks depressing. In the pic where we first debuted the new design, it looked like we were wearing multi-colored cleats. It could be a repeat of '06, where we went with white shoes all throughout, then unveiled the black/white, black/gold cleats on MNF. But yeah, I think a solid white color scheme with burgundy would look vicious, especially with the Away uni.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Rant (sorry if this has been covered):

This isn't particular to just the Skins jerseys (just those teams with numbers on the shoulders -- e.g. note that the Bills only have stripes sans numbers), why does Nike insist on jamming the logo in so close:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/833/917/hi-res-hi-res-150077552_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Why don't they just turn the entire jersey into one big swoosh and get it over with?

Edited by Skinsfan_70

Rant (sorry if this has been covered):

This isn't particular to just the Skins jerseys (just those teams with numbers on the shoulders -- e.g. note that the Bills only have stripes sans numbers), why does Nike insist on jamming the logo in so close:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/833/917/hi-res-hi-res-150077552_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

Why don't they just turn the entire jersey into one big swoosh and get it over with?

Reebok had their logo in the same exact location. These companies pay a fortune to have the rights to the jerseys. Football is a business first and foremost.

I'm glad for a uniform change. Its not like the Skins didnt suck for the last 20 years or anything. The collar is cool. I like it better than the old collar. Nike is known for the college jerseys so I expected a change in the jersey that was subtle yet more of a college feel. I dont really care if they wear yellow or red pants as long as they win..

Playing them on Thanksgiving this year, I've seen the Cowboys go to a blue throwback jersey, so maybe we wear white in Dallass. I'm glad we don't wear white at home anymore. That was a Gibbs thing to make the Cowboys wear their blue in RFK because they hated it. Eagles started doing the same thing as did the Cardinals. Only the Giants wouldn't give up their blue at home. I like going to the Burgundy at home. I'd like the gold to be our all around pants and have only the burgundy pants as a backup with the white jerseys.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

Oh and when's the last time Nike "didn't" **** anything up with their jersey designs?

Everyone needs to get over the collars and blaming it on Nike. The teams have the final say on all this jersey related. Want proof? Look at the Packers collars on their Nike jerseys:

p12532681dt.jpg

Looks the same as it always has.

Edited by MattFancy