Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Merged x115 Adventures Of The Fashion Police Weekly aka THE Uniform Thread

RSkinsFan

Oh my, we're missing a few of the other standard viewpoints - where are the fans of burgundy on burgundy and black on black (with burgundy and gold trim)? SMH

Personally I don't care for white/white or burgundy over white, but they're not too bad, mainly because they're Skins unis. :)

The shade of gold we use is "maize".
Ding! Good call, the Michigan gold.

Despite the color wheel being correct about it being gold, I think we really need to switch it up and make it a Gulden's Mustard gold. Maybe Danny could work that in to a sponsorship deal with the large pretzels.

The current outfit looks way to McDonald's or the old Windows 3.11 color scheme of Hot Dog Stand.

hotdogstand.bmp

Edited by RFK Lives

The burgundy pants were shelved this year. We're wearing burgundy/gold at home. White/gold on the road and burgundy/white as an alternate either at home or away depending on the opponent.

Definitely seems to be the case, but is that the plan beyond this year you think? To make the burgundy/gold at home the primary uniform set?

I actually like the Burgundy pants with the White jerseys -- its our classic look and what you'd see the Redskins wearing in almost every highlight from the 80s/90s (and its what we wore for all but 1 Super Bowl appearance). Why mess with that?

I'm ok with the gold pants when we're wearing the Burgundy jerseys. We don't have quite the history there.

I think it's the shoes that do that. I always thought that our uniforms looked better with white shoes with burg/gold trim.

I really don't like the gold (yellow) shoes. Maybe it;'s just me, but while watching the game last Sunday, I thought I kept seeing flags on the field but it was the shoes. LIke I said, maybe it was just me.

I really don't like the gold (yellow) shoes. Maybe it;'s just me, but while watching the game last Sunday, I thought I kept seeing flags on the field but it was the shoes. LIke I said, maybe it was just me.
Nope, I thought the same thing. Got to be really annoying when we made a big play but you were holding your breath to see if you really saw a flag.

I would think at least one game for the 80th year throwbacks will be Thanksgiving. Even though it is on the road, it is the whole country watching and Dallas trots out their hideous throwbacks on that day every year.

The other game will have to be a home game, just not sure which one, maybe this week.

That's friggin hilarious......the fact that you actually REMEMBER the 3.1 hot dog theme.......lmbo

Bring back the 2002 throwback gold pants, those were sweet

Hail :logo:

Ha...so glad somebody caught that. If I could only remember important things. I agree 100% the old gold that we had for 70th Anniversary was the way to go, both those colors. I could go with that for a permanent uniform.

I'm pretty sure we did it in Tampa because of the sweltering heat, trying to wear as much light clothinng as possible.

No, this is the third time we've wore white pants we when could have wore the gold pants instead.

---------- Post added October-4th-2012 at 01:09 PM ----------

I like the gold pants with the white jersey. Don't mind the gold pants with the burgundy jersey either. I DON'T like the white on white though. Hope to never see that again. Didn't they do white on white in a preseason game this year?

No, they wore white over gold 3 times, and burgundy over white once.