Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

7 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Had to look it up just now. Only thought I have is that Jericho might want to not do that.

Perhaps, if it actually turned into a fight, but I dont think wrestlers are intimidated of Lesnar.  Especially a guy like Jericho.  

2 minutes ago, LeesburgSkinFan said:

I think it's hilarious that Jericho was getting worked in 2016...

I think it was more he felt disrespected as a vet leader in the lockerroom.  Cuz Orton's pooling blood in the ring and all he did was ask if that was the plan and Hayes ignored him.  Then he got upset.  

It sounds like Jericho was upset with Hayes and Brock being Brock just was a dick about the whole thing.

I no longer know what the point of Brock is. There is a reason that Vince Sr used to send Andre on endless world tours. You can't have an unbeatable guy in your company. And right now, Brock shows up occasionally, brutalizes someone, and leaves. That's not why anyone watches pro wrestling.

I missed Raw. Did they do anything to make sense of what he did to Orton? I can see it as an attempt to get sympathy, but does anyone on planet earth feel any sympathy towards Randy Freakin' Orton? That seems like something you can only do once and you need to do it on the right guy - AJ Styles makes the most sense right now.

But it seemed like they actually remembered what they do for a living, because they booked Styles perfectly on Sunday - if anyone even remembers after a 28 hour long show.

I still find this suspension stuff amazing. Iii haven't watched any wrestling in awhile now, but  just seemed like not that long ago that guys were eating fistfuls of yellow cake uranium with no one batting an eye

As for Jericho, I admire his heart, but seriously, that man would rip him in half. I remember Jim Cornette in classic Jim Cornette style talking about how Brock was the same kind of jackknob in OVW, and he botched a move with Cornettes gf after being told exactly what to do, then when confronted, responded how Brock Lesnar usually responds.

Cornette threatened to shoot him :ols:

Jericho's almost assuredly seen people as bad or tough as Lesnar, he's been all over the world for 25 years. I dont get why people think he should've been intimidated.

I tried to make the argument that Haku/Meng was more fearsome that Lesnar, folks were hearing it.  lol

I mean, lesnar would straight up whoop Jericho's ass.

Haku is a different kind of badass though. He might not be UFC champion but he legitimately hurt people in real life fights. If I recall correctly, didn't he knock one guy's eye out of his head? I think he also ripped out somebody's front teeth with his bare hand.

So yeah, I see what you're saying. If you piss off Brock backstage it's probably going to be a lot of talking and flexing and put on a good show until Triple H and Nipple H break it up but Haku doesn't mess around like that. You piss him off and you might lose a body part.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

Bobby Heenan used to say Haku was the only man the entire lockerroom was afraid of.  Rick Steiner told a story about Haku taking on 8 cops and getting maced and shrugging it off.  

Some of the stories about him have to be exaggerated, but if even a few are true, that's enough for me to give him the badassery championship.  lol

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Jericho's almost assuredly seen people as bad or tough as Lesnar, he's been all over the world for 25 years. I dont get why people think he should've been intimidated.

I tried to make the argument that Haku/Meng was more fearsome that Lesnar, folks were hearing it.  lol

Because Lesner's the baddest man to have ever lived. Well, to a lot of people anyway.

But yeah, too many ex wrestlers tell Haku stories, so their has to be some truth to just how bad he was/is. I even heard that Haku was the one man Andre feared. If true, that automatically make Haku the baddest of the bad.

"If I had a gun and was sitting inside a tank with one shell left and Meng (aka Haku) is 300 yards away, he's mine, right? Well the first thing I'm going to do is jump out of the tank and shoot myself because I don't want to wound that son of a **** and have him pissed off at me."  - Jake "the Snake" Roberts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

Never said he should be intimidated. Just that Lesnar would rip him in half.

And there are a ton of stories out there about Meng. Guy was an animal. Something about those Pacific Islander cats, man. I used to be cool with these two Samoan brothers back in hs. Both of them gigantic, feisty mf'ers, but otherwise well adjusted

45 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Was no one legit afraid of Chris Benoit? He and Jericho has some pretty good matches..and well..Benoit was probably a murderer.  

Doubtful. He always seemed to take his craft too seriously to be involve d.c. in backstage politics

Edited by Mr. Sinister

This is how far we've fallen. That was about as paint by numbers a heel promo as you can possibly do. But it's 2016 and we've not seen a real heel promo in - Christ- 10 years? 15 years? Therefore, people are losing their minds.

The Miz is really in the wrong era. He would have been an amazing chicken**** heel in the South in the territory days. I mean, with his wife, he's basically doing an updated version of Jimmy Garvin right now. (And Pre-Freebirds Jimmy Garvin was awesome).

But seriously, just let guys do this. That was a two-minute motormouth heel promo. I have to think half the roster can do this. It's always worked. It will always work. Is anyone watching that and thinking, "If only Stephanie was there to bring the spotlight on herself. And if only he were talking slower. And if only it lasted 15 minutes."

• Like 1

We also live in the ultra cynical age where EVERYTHING has to be a work.  A guy could die in the ring, and somebody would feel compelled to say everybody's silly for not seeing it's work. It was a worked shoot. Elements of both. 

Because that wasnt even a heel promo.  The heel coming out of that exchange wasnt Miz, it was Daniel Bryan. His behavior was heel, and he tucked tail and ran. Miz was out there talking about working hard, being there every day, not being an indy guy, and loving the fans. John Cena cuts that same promo every week.  At it's core, it's really the same promo Cena cut on AJ Styles before Summerslam.

If that promo was supposed to give Miz heel heat, they failed miserably.  If you check the reaction, 24 hours after that promo, Miz is a babyface. Now, next week at this time, he'll be back to the same "I'm an A-lister" schtick he's been doing forever.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1

On August 23, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean, lesnar would straight up whoop Jericho's ass.

Haku is a different kind of badass though. He might not be UFC champion but he legitimately hurt people in real life fights. If I recall correctly, didn't he knock one guy's eye out of his head? I think he also ripped out somebody's front teeth with his bare hand.

So yeah, I see what you're saying. If you piss off Brock backstage it's probably going to be a lot of talking and flexing and put on a good show until Triple H and Nipple H break it up but Haku doesn't mess around like that. You piss him off and you might lose a body part.

Wow, nobody here has heard the story of Jericho holding his own against Goldberg in a real fight back in the day?

http://www.inquisitr.com/1675885/wwe-news-chris-jericho-talks-about-his-real-life-fight-with-goldberg/

jericho isn't a ****. I respect it 

Also, I love CM Punk. He's one of my favorites of all time 

but he is gonna his **** rocked sooooo badly in the UFC. These docs of his training are kinda sad 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

I heard thr story several times. Also heard that it was more of a scrum than a fight, and was broken up rather quickly. But he did make Goldberg look stupid

Anyone that makes it through Stu Harts dungeon is a legitimately tough human being. Being a Canadian wrestler period probably means you arent a pussie, but we're alking about a tank sized freak athlete that was once the prized fighter in UFC. There's no shame in saying he'd get his ass kicked. Badly.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Has anyone else thought about how that Lesner/Orton match is playing in the WWE locker room? I know the WWE is saying it was a work, but Orton wasn't supposed to be beaten THAT badly. Let's be honest, Orton, a major WWE wrestler for many years, was served up to make Lesner, to some degree an outsider, like fresh meat to a lion. Work or no work, that can't be sitting well with the WWE talent. 

I guess Orton was in on it, but he did supposedly say, "never again." He knew he was going to get his ass kicked, but Lesner was not supposed to bust him open like that. 

I wonder how some old school wrestlers like Andre, Meng, Mulligan, Race, Rude or Orton Sr would have handled that situation? Would they have pulled a Jericho and got in Lesner's face? 

Lesnar is really getting over on the rest of the locker room.  He gets to beat the piss out of every one of 'em, be made to look good, take a long vacation, and never has to give it back.  I feel like Orton deserved better than to be served up like that to Lesnar.  What did he really get outta that, unless he gets a get back down the line.

It'll be interesting to see what the endgame of all that was. Coming off a Lesnar thrashing, Orton goes into an out of nowhere program with Bray Wyatt.   

I guess I'm over the monster Lesnar.  He's a badass, we get it. I wanna see some competitive matches now.  This 4 week program leading to a one off, pointless match routine that's gonna play out the same is tired.  

Edited by justice98
  • Like 1