Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Jeez, does Vince really need more shows w/sub-par talent?  Vince is his own enemy.  Competition fuels a better product.

I'm willing to bet he want's their tape library for the Network. Think about it, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, Sting, Kurt Angle, Hogan, Flair, etc.The network content & the DVDs he can put out with all of that footage plus inherit contracts for NXT

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I want to call BS on that, but the timeline actually makes some sense. She was with Justice through 1997 and he was in Atlanta until 1997. And of course, Flair was there. He and Justice also received paychecks from Ted Turner so their paths could have crossed paths in ways other than the normal Atlanta party scene.

Still, I'm calling BS on that.

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 0:34 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Jeez, does Vince really need more shows w/sub-par talent?  Vince is his own enemy.  Competition fuels a better product.

Vince doesn't want to run TNA. He wants the tape library - and I doubt he even wants that. I think at this point, he'll buy the remnants of any North American promotion on general principle.

He bought WCW for something like $2 million. It would be the most WCW thing ever if TNA got sold for more.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

3 hours ago, LeesburgSkinFan said:

She's a weird chick though. And she dates random guys on dating sites. Still, "revealing this" is not exactly the classy move we've grown accustomed to expect from Ric Flair.

Ric Flair and classy? Are you serious?

• Like 1

There are reports that the WWE has bought TNA's video library but not the promotion itself. That's kind of good news, I guess. Musician Billy Corgan will reportedly be the majority owner and will rebrand TNA. IMO, that's a very smart move. Start from scratch with a new name and hopefully a new network.

If there is no name, tape library, or tv contract, what exactly is there to buy? The debts, equipment and the contracts?

Wouldn't it make more sense just to start from scratch if you're Corgan?

Here is something no one really thinks about: Why would you start a promotion in Florida at this point? NXT is there and touring the state. TNA had been there for years. And it has more indie promoters per capita than any place in North America. That state has to be completely burned out on wrestling right now. Both New Jersey and Florida should just be left fallow for 20 years.

I don't really know where I would start. Maybe the Midwest? Maybe Detroit? You could probably do something interesting in terms of "Re-birth" and Detroit. And you could probably buy a house where all the talent could live for $500.

I don't even know who is in TNA at this point.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

• 2 weeks later...

I just cant get enthused about Lesnar/Goldberg.  I dont see any way this match is gonna be good.  

The best thing to hope for is that Goldberg's return lights a fire under Lesnar.  Cuz Lesnar has been going through the motions for a while now.  

But I think there's a 75% chance that Goldberg comes outta this match with some sort of injury that either impacts the match or precludes a rematch.

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

LOL...I'm about the biggest old school wrestling fan that you will ever see, but those guys, back in the day, need to exit the stage. 

Looking at you too Undertaker.

Seriously... Taker is like one of my earliest memories of wrestling, along with the Harts, and Sting/Ultimate Warrior. Earliest memories, and im nearly 30 years old. 

Hell, Cena's old at this point

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm actually surprised Kane has hung in there this long.  He was almost pre-Attitude Era, like right on the cusp.  I wouldnt have thought he'd still be kicking around 20 years later.

He had his other gimmick Dr. Issac Yank 'em. Didn't last long.

I think Kane is highly underrated historically, in that he was a big man that could really work, and match the Undertaker in athleticism (which was unprecedented at the time). Good match if power and speed and agility. One of my favorites .

Just wish they let him work the mic earlier, instead of the "Big Red Retard" stuff, and the voice box, which nearly destroyed his character.

Man, when he unmasked, that shortened the lifespan of his character, but unless thought for that calendar year, that he killed it. But masked Kane had a certain aura... Much like "Mankind" (also some of the best work I've seen, probably saved Undertakers career)