Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

16 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Gassed-up bald mid 80s Nikita was pretty great.

Early 90s Nikita was not.

I agree with that. It's hard to criticize him for such a smart move, but when he got off of the roids and stopped shaving his head, he went down hill.

3 minutes ago, DM72 said:

I agree with that. It's hard to criticize him for such a smart move, but when he got off of the roids and stopped shaving his head, he went down hill.

The real story there is that his wife got cancer and died at a really young age.  He took time off to care of her and apparently lost all interest in wrestling after that. He seemed to get into it only to make a lot of money in a hurry, did that, saved it, and got out. And good for him.

I've said this a number of times, but I still can't believe that Vince didn't hand him a blank check in 1986.  Hogan-Nikita at WM 2 and beyond would have made all the money. I mean, Volkoff was a pretty big deal and he was a fat 50 year old guy from Baltimore whose whole act was singing badly. I mean, just imagine Nikita taking Hogan's head off with a Russian Sickle and then Vince buying a Scrooge McDuck vault for the aftermath.

I liked Bundy but he was sort of a goof. Hogan always made his most money with guys who seemed like killers.

Really hoping they give Dixie the ol Bye Felicia treatment. Corrigan ran a small indie promotion in Chicago & sense he's been on board they've not only started to get some buzz but reports of talent not getting paid have disappeared. 

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-update-dixie-carter-leaving-tna-wrestling-new-president-speaks-out-more

Backstage Update - Dixie Carter Leaving TNA Wrestling?, New President Speaks Out, & More

A new report suggests that former TNAv President Dixie Cartermay be on her way out of TNA. Wrestling Observer Radio reports that despite what is being said publicly, Carter’s is now “completely” out of power and “pretty much on her way out.”

Carter was not at the last two sets of TV tapings in Orlando, and Dave Meltzer said that he was told by someone else that new TNAPresident Billy Corgan’s appearance on Vince Russo’s podcast recently raised a few red flags when he said the following:

“I am the President, I do have an ownership stake. It is a fluctuating situation, which I cannot talk about certain details because of it, but I would say it is moving progressively into the right direction, because a the end of the day, the company needs resources and the funding to continue, and I think those are good decisions that have been made so, whether or not at the end of the day I, or somebody else ends up owning the majority stake or Dixie keeps her majority stake, that has yet to be remain seen, but I see all the moves that are happening as good moves, but the one thing that I can tell you is that I am the President and I am running the operational part of the company. As you know, there are different parts of the company, that are not necessarily bigger than the President role, because the President sets the tone for the company, but there are other deals that get made that don’t have necessarily have to deal with the day to day product and the day to day running of the wrestling company.”

Corgan was promoted to the position of President recently after he bought an ownership stake in the company, while Carter became Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer.

So im curious... whats keeping a guy like heyman from jumping to TNA? His mind is too beautiful to be relegated to Vince and Trips Shadow.... unless he has a say in creative or something (I have been out of the loop for a few years)

Edited by Mr. Sinister

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So im curious... whats keeping a guy like heyman from jumping to TNA? His mind is too beautiful to be relegated to Vince and Trips Shadow.... unless he has a say in creative or something (I have been out of the loop for a few years)

$$$$$$$$$$$