Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I didn't watch the last PPV at all, nor the two Raws following.  Just watched Raw this week so I know what's going on for Survivor Series, which I most likely will watch.

I'm hoping the authority loses, Vince takes back over full-time (most likely giving HHH and Stephanie a real life vacation) for 6-8 weeks at least.  They desperately need to get **** back in order and making better shows/story lines.  

Just saw this: http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/11/wwes-pg-experiment-has-resulted-in-the-oldest-audience-in-company-history/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+uproxx%2Ffeatures+%28Uproxx%29

WWE’s PG direction may be frustrating to older fans who fondly remember the good ol’ days when wrestlers were allowed to use bleed, use big people words and old ladies gave birth to hands, but, in theory, it’s a smart business decision for WWE. Some of the company’s most successful periods have come when the product was more kid-friendly, and the best way to forge a hardcore fan is grab ‘em when they’re young. So I completely understand WWE’s decision to stick rigidly to a PG rating, or at least I would if it were working. It’s not.

The Wrestling Observer just released a breakdown of who’s watching WWE’s top programming (Raw, Smackdown and Total Divas) and WWE can’t be pleased about the numbers. For starters, the average WWE viewer is now 41.4 years old, which means the WWE audience is older now than it’s ever been.

I was actually never that huge a fan of the Attitude Era Raw. I mean, they had some great stuff because they had a couple transcendent talents, the best heel ever (Mr. McMahon), and the best announcer ever explaining it. But aside from the intro, I never saw the appeal in the New Age Outlaws or The Godfather or what have you.

I actually agree that the WWE/WWF has always been better when it appealed to kids. I lived in an area where I could get both WWWF/WWF and NWA. If I was in the mood for the Howdy Doody looking babyface (Backlund) taking on the over-the-top heels, I went to WWWF. If I was in the mood for Superman (Hogan) battling the forces of evil (Heenan Family, I went WWF.

If I was in the mood for a fat man bleeding like a pig and a playboy date rapist with his crew of henchmen, I went with the NWA.

I honestly think the way this worked in the 80s and 90s was that the dads who grew up on NWA carnage directed their kids to wrestling and they went towards the cartoony WWF. In the 90s, it all started to blend together and then the WWF actually usurped the crazy legacy from NWA with the attitude stuff. And then WWE ran back to its roots but found no fan interest there. I think the WWF aged its product with the fans in made in the Hogan years. If you were 12 in 1987, you were in your early 20s for the Attitude Era. In the old days, you might have transitioned to the NWA but there was no NWA. So, WWF changed for you. Now, we are all 40 and might be trying to get our kids interested but are failing for whatever reasons and frankly don't care that much.

Does TNA still exist? Do they have a tv deal?

They do still exist. Barely. I read something today saying that they might announce a TV deal next week and they had discussions with Destination America. Maybe Impact can air in between BBQ Pitmasters and United States of Bacon.

That company had so much good talent, and has been so woefully mismanaged. 

They do still exist. Barely. I read something today saying that they might announce a TV deal next week and they had discussions with Destination America. Maybe Impact can air in between BBQ Pitmasters and United States of Bacon.

That company had so much good talent, and has been so woefully mismanaged. 

Like any product, gotta support and back it financially.  Dixie Carter did that to a certain extent, but not enough to lure the best talent from the WWE.  If you're going to war with Vince, you better have the money to take away a lot of talent.  

Like WCW did when Turner owned it.  Vince was having to tell a lot of his best talent that he couldn't pay them as much as WCW was offering back then.  It resulted in better writing though.  Which TNA lacked in both, overall, imo when trying to go head to head. 

I think they had one shot to be a legit contender and they blew it by bringing Hogan and Bischoff in and it just got too stupid at that point.

Does TNA still exist? Do they have a tv deal?

From what I saw LIVE at last weeks Raw in Buffalo, TNA could make a move to challenge the WWE, but they're to damn stupid to pull if off. TNA is still pulling 1.0 ratings after all these years. How the hell do they do that?

As for the WWE. I was at last weeks Raw and people actually left before the ending. Part of the upper deck was closed and they have very little star power and the show SUCKED. TNA is really missing the boat to get some new fans and becoming a legitimate challenge to the WWE.

From what I saw LIVE at last weeks Raw in Buffalo, TNA could make a move to challenge the WWE, but they're to damn stupid to pull if off. TNA is still pulling 1.0 ratings after all these years. How the hell do they do that?

Probably all those throngs of fans who love wrestling, but biblically detest anything McMahon, and would rather watch two midgets roll around in a slop bucket match than watch Sheamus v Alberto Del Rio, hoping that one day, someone will rise up and defeat him.

I just watch the last episode of impact...

Lol Wow!

James Storm is basically Bray Wyatt. They have a one legged military veteran. Brodus Clay is Tyrus. And some other funny things.

I really hope that the American Wolves and Kenny King can get outta there man. They're the only three that I see with some promise.

Lashley, Aries, Rude, and all the other vets were decent, but TNA production just blows. It's dark in their arena too. I guess they're hiding empty seats.

I think Cena is one of the few things that the WWE has done right for the past decade or so. The company needs to hold onto believable babyfaces that wrestle 250-300 nights a year (or whatever the ridiculous number it is) and recovers from career ending injuries in a freakish short amount of time.

That allows them to experiment with other wrestlers doing the heel/face/heel turns.

I know some get tired of the Super Cena in ring matches, but that's no different than a lot of wrestlers these days. Especially when 2 big names meet up. They both get to do their signature move usually and not get the pin, right?

Edited by The Evil Genius

Like a boss

I love when Stephanie McMahon goes crazy like that. Reminds me of my sister lol

Outta likes my man!  I take back any **** talk about the Stinger I said in the past.  Tonight, that was exactly what we needed.  I was hoping that after the stare downs and muscle flexing between Sting and HHH, they would hug and then the Authority would win.  

But, knowing that Sting, with the exception of the NWO, is a face, it was good.  I somehow see a HHH/Sting match in the future (Wrestlemania perhaps since the Rock isn't going?).  

Wonder where they are going with this story line, Sting brought in by Vince to reclaim his throne?  Now my interest is peaked again.

Remember pages and pages ago when I said Sting coming in to WWE would be a big deal? Remember how everyone said "nah, too late" (or something to that effect)? Well, it's a big deal. 

And ya, he's going to wrestle. Looks like he'll at the very least have a match with Triple H.