Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

The story is still too unknown to really form an opinion. The cops arrested Nash for being the aggressor wen his son came in very intoxicated (allegedly). But two hours later the son was arrested for allegedly throwing his Mom around the kitchen.

It doesn't add up yet.

I'll give Nash the benefit of the doubt for now.

So it appears Kevin Nash got arrested last night. (He was one of my faves back in the day.)

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/wwe-star-kevin-nash-arrested-fight-teenage-son-040800078.html

On the one hand, this is upsetting because Nash seemed like one of the guys who got out relatively unscathed. He had the same wife, a lot of money, and a decent movie career to fall back on. And he always talked proudly about his kids in shoot interviews.

On the other hand, if you read between the lines in his shoot interviews, Nash comes across as a guy who saw money as the solution to all life's problems, a bit of a redneck hothead, and a pretty heavy drinker even in his retirement. Assuming he raised an entitled son with his same worldview, I can see how a domestic situation could exist.

This is pretty sad. They don't even put people through the announcer tables anymore. Big Show just throws Reigns over the table on top of the chairs then tips the table over on top of Reigns lmao.

Cole really sold it tho, "all that equipment falling off the table onto Reigns, he's trapped under there, he could be seriously hurt"

Uproxx just posted a YouTube video of HHH's first WCW match. He had probably the worst name in wrestling history...Terror Risin'. LKB, do you remember a worse name?

I thought it was Terra Rizin or something. It was WCW so the production crew probably changed the spelling each week. They were so so sloppy.

Bastion Booger was pretty bad. I'm sure if I went through some old Memphis cards, I'd find some real winners.

I kind of hate all the fake "real" names they have been giving out in recent years. Husky Harris anyone?

I thought it was Terra Rizin or something. It was WCW so the production crew probably changed the spelling each week. They were so so sloppy.

Bastion Booger was pretty bad. I'm sure if I went through some old Memphis cards, I'd find some real winners.

I kind of hate all the fake "real" names they have been giving out in recent years. Husky Harris anyone?

When he walked out it was "Terror Risin", but in the post Uproxx also had it has Terra Rysin, which may almost be worse.

Can we have a tournament to find the Best Worst Wrestler Name? If there's anything the 80s/90s wrestling was good for, it was awesome names.

Did you ever hear the Wee Willie Wilkins story?

Crockett's show on TBS was 1) completely awesome and 2) filled with the worst jobbers in the history of the universe. Cornette explained that there was some terrible wrestling school in Tennessee or Macon or some placed and they used to send their students down to Atlanta for "exposure," which meant getting turfed by Jimmy Garvin or Tully Blancard in two minutes. It was always ridiciculous pale guys in cheap tights. Though sometimes, they found dudes like Ray Traylor who showed up for a paycheck, took a slingshot suplex from Tully Blanchard, and caused Dusty Rhodes to see dollar signs and immediately pull him aside and begin the repackaging as Big Bubba. He main evented with Dusty a year after that match and eventually went to the WWF as Big Bossman when Crockett stiffed him on a Starrcade payoff. 

Anyway...Wee Willie.

Apparently, anyone could show up to Centerstage in Atlanta and ask to wrestle on national tv. This scrawny dude showed up one day and demanded (apparently yelled at Dusty) for his shot. He also brought two jacked up bodybuilder friends with him. Dusty was apparently in a playful mood and agreed to let the guy wrestle in a tag match. Again on national tv. Against the Midnight Express who knew from abusing jobbers. And this dude actually got in the Midnights faces backstage and told them how good he was.

The guy apparently had his own cool wrestling name, but Dusty looked at him and said, "You're Wee Willie Wilkins."

Wilkins and has partner have their "match" against the Midnights and I believe it's on youtube somewhere. It's amazing. Condrey starts out with Wilkins and falls to his knees so they are eye to eye. Which is amazing because Condrey is only like 5'9 or 5'10 to begin with. Condrey and Eaton abuse the guy for like seven minutes while Cornette does this insane running commentary on how pathetic Wilkins is. Keep in mind: Most Midnight squashes were about 3 minutes so this is an eternity. You can tell that Condrey and Eaton are laying the shots in for real, and at one point Wilkins actually no sells it. That's a bad move as they call for The Rocket Launcher and apparently hit it for real before taking him in the back and kicking the **** out of him. Dusty apparently broke up the backstage fight by physically throwing Wilkins out of the building. Find it if you can.

A worst name discussion is going to be become a worst gimmick discussion. And that's not as much fun.

The infamous Doug Gilbert - of the "Jerry Lawler rapes 13 year old girls" live promo fame - still occasionally wrestles under the name "Nightmare Freddy."

Yes, he wrestles under a Freddy Krueger mask. Memphis was ridiculous.

By the way, my six year old watched about 45 minutes of Raw last night for the first time, and - God help him - he kind of loved it. And that was during the Luke Harper-Jack Swagger death march of a match.

I have to be honest: it was really fun to watch him watch wrestling. That was the exact age I got into it.

Man, I've been watching so the Monday Night Wars. It's obvious that without NWO, they would have been done. Ironically, I think the WWF/E wouldn't have lasted as long at the rate it is right now.

Also, they, WCW, dropped the ball with Bret Hart. I remember not remembering that much about Bret Hart in WCW, I just didn't know it was that bad.