Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

why?

He's been training in muay thai for awhile. He should at least know what he's doing

The guy is 35 with multiple injuries and no shoot fighting experience. Its one thing to practice on the side, but those guys are trained animals.

Edited by spjunkies

Anyone else find it ironic that he complained about guys coming in and "stealing" guys spots in WWE (Rock, Brock, etc) and he's coming into UFC and going to make more and get more opportunities than many who have dedicated their lives to it?

I don't have a problem with it to be honest. The guys who can draw will always get more opportunity. I just don't like how hypocritical it appears to be.

• Like 1

On the Steve Austin podcast, Vince did apologize for sending the termination papers to Punk on his honeymoon, claiming it was pure coincidence, but apologized none the less.  Not to mention that he said he would like to work with Punk again and that when lawyers start getting brought in, nobody wins.

He also said that he believes that if there were a middle man like Jim Ross to help patch things up, it would have never gotten to that point with Punk leaving/quitting.  As SCSA walked out for 8 months, but it was Jim Ross that got Steve to meet with Vince and mend the relationship.

On the Steve Austin podcast, Vince did apologize for sending the termination papers to Punk on his honeymoon, claiming it was pure coincidence, but apologized none the less.  Not to mention that he said he would like to work with Punk again and that when lawyers start getting brought in, nobody wins.

He also said that he believes that if there were a middle man like Jim Ross to help patch things up, it would have never gotten to that point with Punk leaving/quitting.  As SCSA walked out for 8 months, but it was Jim Ross that got Steve to meet with Vince and mend the relationship.

Punk responded by saying he thought the apology was a publicity stunt on Vince's part because Vince could've picked up the phone and called him instead of doing it on Austin's show.

Punk responded by saying he thought the apology was a publicity stunt on Vince's part because Vince could've picked up the phone and called him instead of doing it on Austin's show.

I don't know, though.

I think Vince was apologetic. From everything I've read (and I'm not there so I have no way of really knowing), it seems as if there is a legit issue between Punk and Triple H, but not Punk and McMahon. I think McMahon really did mean his apology, and I don't think he meant for the termination papers to arrive on the day of Punk's wedding. I think Triple H knew that Punk was getting married that day and knew the papers were headed there on that day, though.

Did anyone else notice on RAW that Erick Rowan and Luke Harper wrestled each other?

I was fast forwarding through and saw Rowan, and thought to myself, "Rowan's character is intriguing. I wonder if his opponent will make me want to watch this match?"

And then I see Luke Harper. I stopped the fast forward and stared for a second. No. Not because I was anticipating the match (even though I should have been). Instead, I was left thinking to myself, "Wait. Did I fast forward through some hype for this? Or is there anything on WWE.com? THIS IS HUGE!"

So I rewound. I didn't fast forward any hype. No videos, no on-screen teasers. Nothing.

Two tag teams partners face off with one another and they don't hype it... At all. Nothing. I even checked wwe.com and there was nothing. 

How the heck do you book that match with NO hype whatsoever?

Awful booking. Absolutely awful.

Did anyone else notice on RAW that Erick Rowan and Luke Harper wrestled each other?

I was fast forwarding through and saw Rowan, and thought to myself, "Rowan's character is intriguing. I wonder if his opponent will make me want to watch this match?"

And then I see Luke Harper. I stopped the fast forward and stared for a second. No. Not because I was anticipating the match (even though I should have been). Instead, I was left thinking to myself, "Wait. Did I fast forward through some hype for this? Or is there anything on WWE.com? THIS IS HUGE!"

So I rewound. I didn't fast forward any hype. No videos, no on-screen teasers. Nothing.

Two tag teams partners face off with one another and they don't hype it... At all. Nothing. I even checked wwe.com and there was nothing. 

How the heck do you book that match with NO hype whatsoever?

Awful booking. Absolutely awful.

They chose separate sides before Survivor Series and have been going at it some, but mostly with Rowan going at Big Show since then.  I guess the hype where Harper went to HHH and Steph before SS and said he was a team player, then Rowan coming out to Cena's side in the ring before SS was enough for WWE creative.

Any chance their match was hyped up on smackdown last Friday?  I haven't watched SD in years so I wouldn't have a clue.

• Like 1

I mean I know they've been on opposing factions... But why the heck wouldn't they build a match like that? It would also make both guys look like viable threats

Yeah, I dunno.  They aren't making a lot of sense now days.  Hell, that Stone Cold podcast told it all and ironically, SCSA was basically calling the locker room out and Vince/creative out about the current story lines.  He kept repeating and asking Vince about fans tweeting their ideas/suggestions what they want to see to Vince lol.  

I don't know, though.

I think Vince was apologetic. From everything I've read (and I'm not there so I have no way of really knowing), it seems as if there is a legit issue between Punk and Triple H, but not Punk and McMahon. I think McMahon really did mean his apology, and I don't think he meant for the termination papers to arrive on the day of Punk's wedding. I think Triple H knew that Punk was getting married that day and knew the papers were headed there on that day, though.

I think the Punk situation may be where we see what the future of the WWE looks like.

The deal with Vince is that he may fire you. He may slander you. He may sue you. He may fight you. But if he think there is a money to be made with you, he will work with you again. The long-term Vince grudges (with the possible exception of Savage) are almost all long-term grudges on the non-Vince side of the equation. I mean he worked with Bischoff for years. Bischoff!!!!

HHH....I don't know. He's cleared up some long-standing WWE grudges like Sammartino, but that's a dude that hated Vince. I could see HHH refusing to ever work with someone again out of pure spite.

"Technically", the Wyatt Family hasn't broken up.

Words from Bray Wyatt on the Chad Dukes Wrestling show (didn't even know this existed until I read the article on Monday):
"There is no breakup. That’s another thing I’d like to get out there. There’s friction between [Harper & Rowan] and that’s kinda part of the issue, is relinquishing some of that. When the Wyatt Family is needed, the Wyatt Family will always be, and that’s the way I designed it, and that’s the way it will go on for ten, fifteen, who knows how long. The Wyatt Family is far from over, I can assure you of that."

Pretty interesting.

Edited by MLSKINS

REvolution was awesome.

Owens, Zayn, Neville, Itami, Balor, Corbin, Charlotte, Sasha and the Vaudvillains are all stars in the making. NXT is so much better than wwe right now.

It was great. That show had an excitement level that WWE has not had in a while. What a debut for Owens. After two hours, he has more traction than most of the main roster. 

Maybe I missed people talking about it, but did anyone else see that Jimmy Del Ray passed away the same day of the Punk announcement?  A shame, the Giggolo was around when I first really got into wrestling, when he was teamed with Tom Pritchard and had Jim Cornette managing.

Maybe I missed people talking about it, but did anyone else see that Jimmy Del Ray passed away the same day of the Punk announcement?  A shame, the Giggolo was around when I first really got into wrestling, when he was teamed with Tom Pritchard and had Jim Cornette managing.

I sometimes lurk on the DVDR message board and they have been honoring Jimmy Del Ray appropirately - by acknowledging the fact that he was one of the most awesomely sleazy looking wrestlers who ever laced up the boots. (And that's a compliment).

It's really another reminder of what has gone missing as Vince's vision became the only vision.

There are no more sleazy wrestlers. (Where have you gone Jimmy Garvin?)

There are no more fat guy wrestlers. (Dusty, Dusty, where for art though Dusty?)

There are no more white meat Southern babyfaces (Come back to the five and dime, Tommy Rich).

There are no more managers (Bobby Heenan, we hardly knew ye).

There are no more ridiculous, over the top evil gimmicks (Kamala, come back. Any kind of fool can see. That I was wrong, and I just can't live without you).

There are no more bleeders. (Carlos Colon, you'll always be my youngster).

There are barely any tag teams. (Come on, Ricky, get that hot tag).

There are really no more asshole wrestlers. (Fact: it was completely impossible to cheer for Tully Blanchard under any circumstances).

• Like 2

There are no more fat guy wrestlers. (Dusty, Dusty, where for art though Dusty?)

Kevin Owens isn't a skinny dude. Although, to be fair, the WWE did tell him to drop some pounds upon his signing. And come to think of it, I can't think of any other larger guys on the roster that aren't 8'6" tall. Hmmm.

There are no more managers (Bobby Heenan, we hardly knew ye).

Paul Heyman and Zeb Coulter disagree with this. But otherwise, yeah. There's some guys who can't talk who could use a mouthpiece and there's a few guys who could make excellent managers floating around. 

Plus places like ROH have Maria. Lucha Underground has the chick with Mil Muertes I guess (I don't get El Rey so I can't really see it). They are around, but definitely should be more prevalent. I wonder how Christian would fare as a manager? Could be interesting.

There are no more ridiculous, over the top evil gimmicks (Kamala, come back. Any kind of fool can see. That I was wrong, and I just can't live without you).

Great point. I don't think the WWE should go to the days when all they had were gimmicks... But a good gimmick is awesome. They are taking a GREAT step with Finn Balor's pay per view Prince Devitt body paint/eccentric entrance, though. Boogeyman ftw.

There are no more bleeders. (Carlos Colon, you'll always be my youngster).

I fell asleep during TLC. But I watched the first match between Ziggler and Harper. Those two had a great match and there were a lot of ladder spots that resulted in real blood. It added something to the match. Agreed!

There are barely any tag teams. (Come on, Ricky, get that hot tag).

NXT is starting to develop actual tag teams. That's important. Ascension, Vaudevillians, Lucha Dragons, etc. New Day could be promising if they dropped the happy go lucky gimmick and went bad ass. Which may be the set-up. WWE knows corny doesn't work. The Dust Brothers need to stick around. Kidd/Cesaro could have something if they come up with a tag team gimmick and actually become a tag team. Of course the Usos. They have the foundation for a good tag division, but they just aren't executing it. So ya, long story short, I agree here too.

You know what else is missing? Dick Slater.

The wrestler who got into wrestling simply to have good cover when he got into a bar fight. The legit tough guys are gone (unless they are ex-MMA dudes, which don't really count in my book. There's being a trained fighter and then there's just be a drunken tough guy. I prefer the drunken tough guys).