Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I was very excited to see Sting. I kept thinking that this would be the perfect time for Stings entrance. The story line is perfect. Sting got to repay vince for taking away his WCW from him. Sting waits til the perfect moment to get revenge by taking out the authority. Sting also gets HHH back for his invasion of Nitro during the Monday night wars. Sting can now align with Cena and get a match with HHH. The other question will be what happens to the Big Show for crossing team Cena?

I had agreed with Kdawg that Sting would be huge when he would arrive in WWE.

Edited by Gallen5862

I was very excited to see Sting. I kept thinking that this would be the perfect time for Stings entrance. The story line is perfect. Sting got to repay vince for taking away his WCW from him. Sting waits til the perfect moment to get revenge by taking out the authority. Sting also gets HHH back for his invasion of Nitro during the Monday night wars. Sting can now align with Cena and get a match with HHH. The other question will be what happens to the Big Show for crossing team Cena?

I think you got this wrong.

Remember in the beginning of the night when Vince said he guaranteed it would be a night we'd remember forever? And I think Vince put the whole plan in motion as a win/win for him. He can remove the Authority from power (who basically removed him from power) or he would make them "earn" their power and in the process do what's "best for business". 

I think this is the lead-in to the Triple H/Stephanie vs. Vince storyline we were supposed to get a year ago. 

That moment didn't make any sense. Is he gonna wrestle now? Dude is 60

But it was still a cool nerd moment

That's mostly how WWE is written today. No concrete writing so people sour on the product and when they need to suck people back in they pull a trump card like having Sting come out and take out HHH. It made no sense and it loses a lot of its impact because of that.

I'll give Vince credit though he knows his audience well enough to know though that no matter what he can always fall back on the nostalgia card regardless if it makes sense or not.

Oh did you also see that they're gonna have Stone Cold do his podcast live on the network with Vince?

Edited by Big Weirdo

I don't think that moment last night needed to make sense.

I think that moment last night needs to make sense over the coming weeks/months, but it didn't need to last night at Survivor Series.

If they don't weave a story to fit it, though, then we can say last night made no sense.

I get the sense that the story will be something along the lines of: "I saw a guy come in and create a powerful faction and run WCW right into the ground. I wasn't going to let that happen again."

And he'll represent Vince (although he doesn't necessarily want to, but knows he's a lesser of the evils) in the Vince vs. Triple H/Steph storyline. 

I think Triple H is going to be an active wrestler again. The stipulation for the match wasn't that Trips couldn't wrestle anymore. It's that he'd have no control over WWE superstars and he'd be removed as COO. Trips is too good of a heel to just flat dump, so I get the sense that Triple H is going to return to a TV active wrestling role and Steph will be his manager.

And WWE needs a dominant heel.

Edited by KDawg

That's mostly how WWE is written today. No concrete writing so people sour on the product and when they need to suck people back in they pull a trump card like having Sting come out and take out HHH. It made no sense and it loses a lot of its impact because of that.

Yet you'll always come crawling back to your homoerotic master.

I think that moment last night needs to make sense over the coming weeks/months, but it didn't need to last night at Survivor Series.

If they don't weave a story to fit it, though, then we can say last night made no sense.

I get the sense that the story will be something along the lines of: "I saw a guy come in and create a powerful faction and run WCW right into the ground. I wasn't going to let that happen again."

And he'll represent Vince (although he doesn't necessarily want to, but knows he's a lesser of the evils) in the Vince vs. Triple H/Steph storyline. 

I think Triple H is going to be an active wrestler again. The stipulation for the match wasn't that Trips couldn't wrestle anymore. It's that he'd have no control over WWE superstars and he'd be removed as COO. Trips is too good of a heel to just flat dump, so I get the sense that Triple H is going to return to a TV active wrestling role and Steph will be his manager.

^^This.  And what better way to make the biggest heal (HHH) an even bigger heal?  Him screw over the entire roster with an abuse of power, lose power, be forced by Vince to return to the ring where all the stars he screwed get a shot at him in the ring.

Yet you'll always come crawling back to your homoerotic master.

I do love Goldust and I'll never be ashamed to admit that.

If you were writing WWE I'd be behind this idea. But you aren't. Vince is. You've always had fantastic ideas KDawg and this would be great. But you know that they won't build it enough to be coherent like that.

Just look at the Lesnar storyline. They have completely ****ed it up by never mentioning him. He doesn't have to be there but you need to bring it up once in a while to keep it in people's minds. There's rumors they have soured on it and are gonna drop the belt at Rumble maybe even TLC. They have no one to blame but themselves for that. It could have been so great and it started off so well then completely faded away for no reason.

Edited by Big Weirdo

Raw sucked tonight. No Sting. Stupid matches. And now we got that ****ing stupid computer as anonymous general manager again. WTF WWE?

Of all the awesome directions you could have gone with this and you give us that?

I think it's a one off thing. They did a countdown show where they referenced the anonymous GM being horrible. Who knows though. The ending was hilarious with the spamming of the anonymous email sound. Couldn't tell if it was intentional or not but Cole was corpsing.

So Rusev had a choice... Defend title or say the Pledge... And he...

Did neither. Well, gee, if that was an option why didn't Seth Rollins do the same? Bad booking there. Can't leave a massive hole like that.

I also think they dropped the ball with Ryback last night and didn't capitalize on Ziggler's momentum appropriately tonight.

And Brie was a heel tonight. And with no real explanation. Interesting.

Not impressed all in all with Raw. Good thing they had Bryan.

You're lying bro

They really brought that dumb **** back??!

It's likely a one-off. I don't mind that at all. It was actually kind of funny when it started going off.

It was by far one of the least puzzling things that occurred last night.

Interesting...

Lucha Underground (El Rey Network)

TNA (Destination America)

New Japan (AXS TV)

Are all new, or relatively new TV deals/companies as it pertains to American Wrestling.

Speaking directly as a directv customer I find these deals interesting:

For some background, DTV offers a few different packages... In order of how many channels (and therefore cost) going from lowest to highest: Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate, Premiere.

Now, let's look at when these channels becomes available for you, heck, let's throw SyFy and USA Network in as well:

WWE: SyFy.USA Network - Available at the lowest possible package on DirecTV - Entertainment Package

TNA: Available in the XTRA package.

Lucha Underground: Available in the ULTIMATE package.

NJPW: Available in the ENTERTAINMENT Package.

So that means that more fans have access to WWE (Both RAW and Smackdown!) and NJPW. Excellent strategy by NJPW for getting that deal with AXS TV. It makes their product easily reachable by more American audiences. 

If anyone knows about the other cable companies, feel free to chime in. 

Let's be honest. WWE has sucked since they moved away from the Attitude ERA.

People really don't remember the Attitude Era all that well. The main event scene was PACKED. And it was awesome. But the midcard was actually worse than it is today. Val Venis choppy choppy, Mae Young giving birth to a hand, Mark Henry being in love with a 95 year old, The Kane/Katie Vick storyline. The Attitude Era STUNK for anything outside of the main event. 

I forgot about that horrendous Light Heavyweight division. Outside of Taka, they literally just brought guys in for one offs and had them get slaughtered. Their answer to the WCW cruiserweights stunk. 

I just wish WWE's booking didn't have glaring holes. The Rusev angle last night really bothers me. He didn't do either of the two choices, and there was no punishment, not even a mention of him getting away with it. That's poor booking.

I have the premier package, so I can watch them all.  Not sure if I want to watch Lucha Underground though lol. 

I've watched the main event videos on YouTube. It's actually somewhat entertaining. Great wrestling. 

Prince Puma, Johnny Mundo (Morrison), Fenix and Sexy Star (female) have been tearing the roof off. Drago and Pentagon, Jr., are different gimmicks but great luchadores. Add to that Del Rio is supposed to join them in January.

If I had El Rey, I'd watch Lucha Underground. It's 1 hr/week. I'd probably DVR and watch a bunch in one sitting with fast forward action, but I'd watch (and probably in the background as I do other stuff).

Edited by KDawg

KDawg you're 100% right on the attitude era

Outside of the main events, there was truly awful garbage in the midcard in terms of pure wrestling and story lines

The only difference was that the fans were so hype for the product that they actually cared about the mid carders...which makes no sense to me

I mean we had the Beaver cleaver domestic violence angle, castrations, Pillman pulling a gun, terrible lingerie matches, miscarriages, ICP, the whole underratedly awful and controversial Ministry of Darkness (has anyone watched the segment when Mideon gave a blood sacrifce to join???!) angle...,

All dreck

This is the link to Sting's new entrance music.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/11/26/7290945/sting-entrance-video-new-wwe-theme

When Sting finally made his WWE debut at Survivor Series this past Sunday night in St. Louis, he did so as the black-and-white face painted "Crow" character that made him a legend in 1997 while he was battling the forces of evil in the nWo. He did not bring his baseball bat, however, and his entrance theme was different than anything we've heard before.

Above is what will serve as his entrance video and theme for however long his run with WWE lasts.

Like it? Hate it? Wish WWE would have used his old music? Think they used the inspiration and created something better? Let's get your thoughts on the early WWE version of Sting.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1635010/wwe-news-sting-vs-undertaker-planned-for-wrestlemania-31/

WWE News: Sting vs. Undertaker Planned For WrestleMania 31

When Sting debuted at Sunday night’s Survivor Series pay-per-view and confronted Triple H, almost every WWE fan believed that the confrontation would lead to a match between Sting and Triple H at WrestleMania 31 in the spring of 2015. However, PW Insider has reported that is not the case.

After Undertaker’s WrestleMania undefeated streak was broken at WrestleMania 30 by Brock Lesnar, most people believed that was a sign that Undertaker was going to retire. Now, it looks like Undertaker’s final match will be at WrestleMania 31 against Sting.

PW Insider also added in the report that WWE is planning on having Sting take on Triple H at the Royal Rumble event on January 25, and the reasoning behind it is so the WWE audience can become familiar with Sting, and so Sting can have a good match, look strong, and pick up a win leading into his match with Undertaker at WrestleMania 31.

Punk totally opens up about his time in the WWE. I thought he was a dick for walking out, but after hearing his story it sounds like the WWE is a miserable work environment.

The fools fired him and tried to twist it to make it seem like he quit.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/11/27/7298557/cm-punk-story-walking-out-on-wwe

Edited by spjunkies

Punk totally opens up about his time in the WWE. I thought he was a dick for walking out, but after hearing his story it sounds like the WWE is a miserable work environment.

The fools fired him and tried to twist it to make it seem like he quit.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/11/27/7298557/cm-punk-story-walking-out-on-wwe

Some of you really need to stop buying everything the WWE say.